Sign in to follow this  
ray243

IED script questions

So, I am attempting to make an IED, but, the problem is, how do I switch to different explosives? I am sick of the GBU and want something different. How do I change the classes? Is it possible to have a rocket or grenade? Or the tallboy bomb or v2 rocket from the new ww2 mod?

Also, is it possible to set the IED on a wreck vehicle or dead animal instead of a trigger? I am sick of seeing an invisible bomb blowing up some humvee.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Oh, and maybe someone can teach me to make a car bomb or suicide bomber where I can actually see the final result after dying instead of having my screen turning blood red?

All possible, of course as with most things here, it may be somewhat dependant upon scripting knowledge. What method are you using for making IED's currently? Hard to give direction without knowing where you're at ;)

(although i'm likely to send you into a ditch, that info is always helpful) :D

What do you mean by methods? Also, I can't get my insurgents to shoot only after the IED had exploded. Do you know how?

And thanks for helping.

What do you mean by methods? Also, I can't get my insurgents to shoot only after the IED had exploded. Do you know how?

And thanks for helping.

In the Init line of the 'trigger' man named t1:

this setBehaviour "stealth";this setcombatmode "green";this setunitpos "middle";

Means he is always crouching (e.g. behind a wall or whatever), and will not shoot

Then in the trigger for the IED (in thiis case IED1), something like:

this && alive t1
(ie trigger man is still alive, and 'this' will encompasss Blufor within 5m or something)

On Act:

_IED1 = "BO_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle (getPos IED1); deleteVehicle IED1;t1 setcombatmode "yellow";

IED1 goes of, and at the same time trigger man combat bode is now yellow, as discussed here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCombatMode

Also VERY good thread on IEDs, particularity last post by Andy 455 which includes sample mission with 3 different IED trigger types

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93556&page=2

Is it possible to insert a different type of explosive such as a 40MM Grenade upon trigger init?

Note that even with "GREEN" they will fire if they are directly threatened by enenmies. When the enemies are AI it usually goes straight-forward (if AI spotted them they shoot), but when it's players it works differently (that is, it'll decide you detected them the same way it decides if you detected them when it needs to share the target you detected with your AI groupmates, as if you hadn't noticed yet, you can detect targets for them even without using reveal).

Note that even with "GREEN" they will fire if they are directly threatened by enenmies. When the enemies are AI it usually goes straight-forward (if AI spotted them they shoot), but when it's players it works differently (that is, it'll decide you detected them the same way it decides if you detected them when it needs to share the target you detected with your AI groupmates, as if you hadn't noticed yet, you can detect targets for them even without using reveal).

well "Blue" should do the job then! :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Is it possible to insert a different type of explosive such as a 40MM Grenade upon trigger init?

Check the last link I posted, its discussed in that thread

The problem with "BLUE" is that you can just go ahead and massacre them and they will do nothing in return.

Also, How do I make a civilian carry a bomb?

Shouldn't you try the Search this Thread function at the main board of this thread sections? There's a pile of IED, Car bomb, etc. scripts already released, no need to reinvent the wheel. This should save a good amount of time for you.

Try "GREEN", that's supposedly hold fire but still defend when engaged by an enemy.

Also check about half way down this forum, there's a Homicide Bomber script. Haven't tried it but I plan on it soon.

http://creobellum.org/forum/7

Good luck.

Hmm, how can I make a trigger/object detonate when someone patrol over it? Also, is it possible for me to use the radio to detonate a satchel charge without planting in a unsafe place? Or how can I arm a civilian with a bomb/satchel charge? Please answer thses questions. Thank you!

ray243, your first question has been answered in the post that was linked earlier. Your second I don't quite understand so would you mind rephrasing it? Your last question can be accomplished by using a simple addMagazine command:

CivName addMagazine "PipeBomb"

Well sorry, but I gotta sleep. I'll explain tomorrow.

Hmm, how can I make a trigger/object detonate when someone patrol over it? Also, is it possible for me to use the radio to detonate a satchel charge without planting in a unsafe place?

Yes, both is possible.

For the first question, you will have to make a trigger around the explosive and then as soon as someone enters the area of the trigger just make it explode.

For the second question, almost the same thing, you will have to define the position of the explosion, there are lots of ways to do this I will just mention one that would work.

You can make a marker on the editor and call it IEDspot1 or so and then you will add a trigger activated by radio alpha or just a menu point (( if you know how to add those )) then in the on activation line of the trigger you would put the create command for the IED to get it to explode on the getMarkerPos of IEDspot1.

Hope I got you right, and hope you understood what I meant.

Does anyone know how to fix this detonate.sqf script it would work on dedicated?

bombcar=name of vehicle

if (isServer) then

{

_player = _this select 0;

_pos = getPos bombcar;

_bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle _pos;

_bomb2 = "M_Ch29_AT" createVehicle _pos;

sleep 2;

deletevehicle bombcar;

};

I am trying to get a bomb to go off when bluefor enters a certain area. Except I want the bomb to go off 100 meters or so ahead of the trigger. What are the steps i would have to take. Cause whatever i use now the bomb always goes off at the trigger that is activated.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/if

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/distance

if + distance and you will make it.

edit: Obviously if you only use a trigger then you will NOT need the if as the condition of a trigger already state a if.

So to clarify this

1. You need a position from the bomb. And you need a second position e.g the player himself. (( Remember locality if you want this to work in MP then PLAYER == local to the machine ))

2. Lets say you have a suicide bomber (( position of the bomb )) called bomber and the player then you put into the condition line

( player distance bomber ) < 100

and on the activation line you put the createVehicle for the explosion

Edited by Joshii

Hmm, anyone know how to get that GDT satchel charge mod working? It can be used as an IED.

It works for me, but when I blow up vehicle bomb, it just kill me and turn the vehicle into a wreck

Edited by ray243