Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Here you go.

Project Reality Server License Information

Due to some unfortunate intentions of some server administrators since the Project Reality v0.6 release, the Project Reality team will no longer be freely distributing licenses to run Project Reality Mod servers. The Project Reality gaming community is a small community. Multiplayer games are made and broken by the quality of the servers and the dedication of the administrators of those servers. Simply put, we are looking for quality, not quantity. We want PR Server Administrators to be a part of our gaming community. At the very least we want to be able to keep Server Administrators in the loop about updates and changes to Project Reality server code.

Additionally, the Project Reality Development Team has decided that we will not be supporting server side modification of Project Reality for public servers. On a password protected, LAN server, or in a Single Player environment, you are free to configure Project Reality any way you like. But, on public multiplayer servers we would like Project Reality to run the way the development team, with a huge amount of input from our gaming community, have designed the game to run.

Project Reality licenses can only be obtained by completing the application process in which your server must be approved by the Project Reality staff. If you are granted a license, your server will be closely monitored and any breach of the Project Reality License Agreement may result in your server being banned from running a Project Reality server.

In order to apply for a Project Reality License, you must meet all of the requirements listed below. Submitting multiple applications may result in your application being denied, so please only submit one application and be patient while we review it.

A Project Reality Server License requires that server administrators meet the following requirements:

* Must be at least 18 years of age.

* Must agree and understand the Project Reality Server License Agreement.

* Must submit a completed Server License Application. All information will be verified before the application is approved.

* Must keep all user and server information up to date. We closely monitor this information and will periodically check that servers meet all requirements outlined in the server license agreement.

* Must have an online server that is actively hosting a Battlefield 2 game server.

Currently, only one license can be issued per game server (or server IP address). Before applying, make sure you are the main administrator of the server that will be running Project Reality. If your application is accepted, you will be able to add a limited number of “Server Moderators†to your license through the Server License CP. These moderators will be granted access to the Server Administration forums, but will not be able to download the actual Project Reality Mod server files.

Server Moderators must agree and understand the Project Reality License Agreement before they are confirmed as moderators. You will be responsible for the actions of the server moderators you add, so make certain you only add moderators whom you thoroughly trust and know will abide by the license agreement. They are responsible for keeping their user information up to date as their information will also be periodically checked by the Project Reality staff for accuracy.

There is no fee for a Project Reality license, though the software being free no longer automatically grants a license.

To submit a Project Reality Server License Application, click the “Apply For Server License†button below.

Project Reality Server License Agreement

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following:

PROJECT REALITY LICENSE AGREEMENT

3rd February 2010

IMPORTANT NOTICE READ CAREFULLY:

The terms of this Software License Agreement (the “LICENSEâ€) shall apply to all versions, editions, and future updates of Project Reality Client and Server software (the “SOFTWAREâ€) and constitute a legal agreement between you (the “LICENSEEâ€) and realitymod.com (the “LICENSORâ€).

By downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this LICENSE. If you do not agree to the terms of this LICENSE, do not download, install, copy or otherwise use the SOFTWARE.

INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT LAWS

The SOFTWARE is protected under international copyright laws. The creations of individual contributors to the SOFTWARE remain the copyright of the original contributing author unless otherwise assigned. By the installation and configuration of an instance of the SOFTWARE on a local or remote computer you are bound by the terms and conditions set forth in the LICENSE and to all applicable International Copyright Laws.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

The LICENSOR reserves all rights not specifically granted herein.

SOFTWARE COVERED BY THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT

The SOFTWARE refers to the files included with the Project Reality Server and Project Reality Client software that enable the Project Reality game project to function as either a multiplayer or single player game when used in conjunction with the Battlefield 2 Server and/or Client files. This includes the python code and the server archives that contain original creations, in whole or in part, of the LICENSOR.

Battlefield 2 license terms are not negated by this LICENSE and the terms set forth herein augment the Battlefield 2 license agreement when that software is used in conjunction with the SOFTWARE.

APPLICATION FOR LICENSE

Prior to use of the SOFTWARE the LICENSEE must apply for a LICENSE by means of application to the LICENSOR by the application mechanism.

In the case of client software license application, the application mechanism is included in the SOFTWARE installation process. Acceptance of the LICENSE during installation constitutes automatic application for and granting of a LICENSE by the LICENSOR to use the SOFTWARE as a client installation and use the SOFTWARE in a way that it does not service incoming logon or data requests from computers other than the computer to which the software is installed.

In the case of server software license, the application mechanism is through the Project Reality Website. Application for a LICENSE for the SOFTWARE to function as server software enabled to service incoming logon or data requests from remote computers does not automatically grant a LICENSE for use of the SOFTWARE as a server installation.

The LICENSOR reserves the right to alter the application mechanism at any time and for any reason, or no reason at all, and without notice to LICENSEE.

GRANT OF LICENSE

Upon approval of application for LICENSE the LICENSOR grants LICENSEE a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the SOFTWARE only for non-commercial entertainment purposes. Licensee may not disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, or modify the SOFTWARE in any way not specified herein. LICENSOR reserves the right to terminate the LICENSE at any time and for any reason, or no reason at all, and without notice to LICENSEE. Additionally, upon breach of any term of this LICENSE, the license granted under this LICENSE shall automatically terminate without any additional notice to LICENSEE.

UNAUTHORIZED USE

Use of the SOFTWARE without a valid LICENSE is an unauthorized use of the software and the unauthorized user will be deemed in violation of the LICENSE. Use of the SOFTWARE when the LICENSE has been revoked will constitute unauthorized use.

REDISTRIBUTION

You may not under any circumstances redistribute any portion of the SOFTWARE provided to you by the LICENSOR.

MODIFICATIONS TO THE SOFTWARE

You may not modify the SOFTWARE without express permission in writing (the “MODIFICATION PERMISSIONSâ€) from a representative of the LICENSOR. Electronic Messaging via the Project Reality Forums or Private Messaging System will constitute acceptable written form.

Server File Confidentiality

Upon Signing this agreement, you agree with the following:

- I will not distribute the Project Reality v0.9 server files to ANYONE other than the necessary people to install the files to my OWN game server that has been registered. I understand that distributing the server files to anyone else will result in my server license being removed.

Server Side Modding

The following are acceptable mods for publicly accessible internet servers:

- running accompanying scripts to force squad membership

- running accompanying scripts for TK management

- running administrative scripts that do not alter the game play in any way

The following are unacceptable mods for publicly accessible internet servers:

- adjusting spawn times of players or vehicles

- adjusting ticket values or ticket bleed ratios

- adjusting capture times for CPs

If you start a public server on the internet PR uses:

- realityconfig_common.py

- realityconfig_public.pyc

If you start a Passworded server PR uses:

- realityconfig_private.py

If you start a Local or Singleplayer server PR uses:

- realityconfig_local.py

You can edit the values in realityconfig_common.py.

You can edit the values in realityconfig_private.py.

You can edit the values in realityconfig_local.py.

You CANNOT edit the values in realityconfig_public.pyc.

- I will not modify or tamper with realityconfig_public.pyc in any form. I understand that tampering with realityconfig_public.pyc will result in server license removal and my PR server being disabled.

MD5 Checks

- I will run MD5 checks for PR shader files to ensure all players joining my server have equal advantage play. I understand that my PR server is now REQUIRED to run MD5 checks and that failure to do so will result in my server license being removed and my PR server becoming disabled.

**If you need help in getting the MD5 checks setup properly on your server, please ask in the private server admin forums.

Server Name

- I will include in the name of my PR server the version number. The Current version number is: v0.9. If I need to update my server to a newer version I will also update the version number to reflect what is running on my server. I understand that failing to put a version number in my server name will result in my server license being removed and my server becoming disabled.

***This is mainly so there is no confusion for players joining your server, as well as a good notification for players who are still running older versions of PR that they need to download the latest PR files. Keep in mind the BF2 Server Browser has a limited amount of space so the server name needs to stay under ~20 characters.

If your server fails to meet any of these agreements one of these conditions, you will be notified to comply with the license agreement. If you refuse to obey the agreement, your server license will be revoked and your PR v0.9 server will become "disabled". Players attempting to connect to a disabled server will not be able to connect and CTRL-ALT-DEL will be the only way to quit the BF2 client. We have not needed to use this method yet, and we hope we will not need to use it for v0.9.

Blimey. Alarm bells are ringing here. Don't like some of this.

I'll be interested to read Maruk's comments.

You can probably unhook the leads to your alarm. The devs said previously:

To host it, we will have something in place, however this may only be for our "Official" servers, which are going to be hosted by a few decent ArmA2 Server admins, so we are going to be looking at this in the near future

Maybe.

In the past, if I wanted to host a mission, I didn't need the makers permission to do that. This is a big departure for the ArmA community.

Let me quote a PR Developer.

You have to apply for a license to run a server???

ROFLMAO what a joke

Not really. Our community is extremely happy with the outcome of the server license because if it wasn't for that, PR wouldn't be around today since it would have just been destroyed by server-side modding, which was starting to happen in the v0.5 release iirc where servers where changing the spawn times of vehicles, changing gameplay mechanics and many other things which was simply turning PR into vBF2 with new maps and more powerful weapons, which is not what we wanted it to be and not what our main community wanted to happen either.

Dont say it is just some gay control thing because even some of POE2's devs who thought it was a really bad idea for us to do what we where doing, later experienced server admins destroying there maps with what they where doing and one of the reasons why POE2 shut down afaik (thou not the main reason).

We dont spend countless hrs working on this mod just for some server admin to come along, take our work and with one fell swoop, destroy all our hard work. Our message for thous server admins who want to do that is if your not happy with our mod, make your own.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?236513-Project-Reality-Mod-v0.9-Released&p=2674648&viewfull=1#post2674648

Edited by -Bubba-

There are already precedents in ArmA. At one time (and I presume it is still the case) www.rp-mods.com games relied on server-side scripts which they do not distribute and which are not downloaded in the mission.pbo. I've always maintained it is their prerogative to do so, they hold the copyright, it's their work born of their vision and I totally understand why they wouldn't want to then compete for an audience with servers running a bastardized version of their own endeavours.

Three posts:

Firstly Hello and a big welcome to the Project Reality ArmA2 Highlights Reel #1. In the same fashion as PR: BF2, we intend to keep the PR Community updated on PR: ArmA2. The last few weeks since announcing our Modification have been, in a word - Hectic. The response to the announcement overall was fantastic, and it already seems to have a good following, although a large update here, I hope this Highlight Reel entices more to the Community, and keeps those already following it up to date with our progression so far.

pr_highlights_reel_header.jpg

- Team Update

Behind the scenes the Management Team have been looking to expand the PR:ArmA2 team. The response was very positive, with a healthy team in place we should now be able to move forward in other areas of Development. Our current team list below shows the commitment and dedication we now have with some very talented team members.

pr_arma2_team.jpg

rooftop_position_thumb.jpg desert_man_truck_thumb.jpg panther_clv_wip_thumb.jpg

continued........

- Current Ongoing Work

As we initially mentioned in our announcement, PR:ArmA2 will be a self contained and self developed Modification, and as you can see over the last few weeks the team have been hard at work both Developing and Brainstorming, in the form of both meetings, steering groups and general chat in our TS3 Server. Inevitably this has now provided us with work to do and here are some of the current things we are Developing. As you can see a lot of them will be Exclusive for PR, and are all being developed internally. All this work is actively under development however only time will tell if they all make v0.1:

PR Exclusive - Stamina / Weight System

Something we are looking at developing in a new way, however it will be based on:

1. the weight of objects carried in the player's inventory

2. location of the wounds (eg. legs)

3. level of blood loss, and;

4. the speed the unit was traveling eg walking vs running vs sprinting

The player would suffer - shortness of breath, hand tremor, very short black-outs. This is also being looked at for vehicles, which will affect suspension and speed depending on cargo, etc.

PR Exclusive - Medical & Wounded System

This is a big area however in short we are looking at a much more accurate and intricate health and medical care system than the one currently available in game. Units may fall unconscious if enough damage, pain or blood loss occurs – these units can be resuscitated - as in the real world with appropriate medical attention. Following resuscitation and depending on their injuries they may continue to take an active part in a mission or they may require CASEVAC and further medial attention.

PR Exclusive - Firing Personal Weapons from Helicopters & Vehicles

As we know it's possible already for UH1s, Blackhawks and APCs to use the attachTo command to shoot from them, although not perfect. We are currently looking at a much simpler system which will cover all platforms.

PR Exclusive - TS3 Plugin (Using British Bowman Radio Models)

Replacing the ingame VOIP and having a robust defined VOIP for PvP is very important to us, and we are currently working closely with the Developers of the TS3 plug in and our own sound artists to create a PR Version of this. Every soldier has short range capability and direct 3d sound,but they need a radio or vehicle for long range. The plan is to have a Personal Role Radio(PRR ) for the short range radio and a PRC 325 (HF) for the long range radio. Later we will look at having UCD's for vehicles and add medium range radio with a PRC 355/VRC 359 (VHF), as you can see the Bowman Radio Kit is pretty much modeled already.

PR Exclusive - RCON Tool for Server Admins

As the title suggests a dedicated set of RCON Tools for Server admins, this will be a god send and help them to admin the PR Server a lot easier. The tool will be customisable too. The Tactical Gamer community are currently helping with the development of this, and will be carrying out private testings of this tool.

panther_interior_driver_position_thumb.jpg observing_arcs_thumb.jpg panther_interior_rear_thumb.jpg

PR Exclusive - Complete Sound Package

Sounds in PR: ArmA2 will play a huge part to the overall Mod, and we have drawn up a concise and complete plan for the overall Sound Package. In the short term we are looking at building Sound Environments for Afghanistan & the BIS Islands, an immersive combat ambiance (sonic cracks etc) and realistic Infantry weapons. We are also looking at the overall Voice sounds and how best to change these, we already have a pretty much completed sound file library for this.

PR Exclusive - PR_Atmospherics[Civilians]

The first of a number of PR_Atmospheric Modules. This initial module will be a framework that allows missions in urban areas to have AI civilians. These civilians are generally non-combatants, but may also provide cover for player-controlled insurgents. If dealt with too harshly by a team, the civilians may become aggressive - creating tactical complications for the mission, it will hopefully add to the gameplay by also being a "Combat Indicator", ie Bluefor noticing that civilians are leaving an area (Usual Signs of Taliban moving in). As the title suggest this will add to the overall "immersion" of the Mod, and hopefully induce tactical awareness, for both sides.

PR Exclusive - Gameplay

This is a very large area to cover however in brief the PR game play will include a comprehensive extended version of the AAS game mode, plus some other game modes too. With a new cargo and object handling system which handles a variety of transport methods, we open up the concept of logistics and supply. The armaments system helps provide a fair and balanced combat environment, by limiting access to the uncommon high powered expensive weapons and also makes vehicle combat far more effective. There will be a new squad management system to replace the common ones we've all seen. The concept of depoyable assets, such as firebases, will be further developed. Base deployment will provide a range of fair "fast travel" methods. All tied together with a new object interaction menu system to keep it organised. Further to that a new Insurgency mode is also being looked at and evaluated for future releases.

Mk7 Helmet / Panther / Texture Tweaks / Field Dressing / Desert Cam Nets / MAN Truck

These are all ongoing as normal day to day development tasks, we are yet to start on the Jackal and Mastiff.

Continued.....

PR Exclusive - Stamina / Weight System

PR Exclusive - Medical & Wounded System

PR Exclusive - Firing Personal Weapons from Helicopters & Vehicles

PR Exclusive - TS3 Plugin (Using British Bowman Radio Models)

PR Exclusive - RCON Tool for Server Admins

PR Exclusive - Complete Sound Package

PR Exclusive - PR_Atmospherics[Civilians

PR Exclusive - Gameplay

Sounds so cool, cant wait. We have gotten some of those with ACE mod, Intrested in seeing how you guys have done it. :)

Personnally I am most intrested in 3rd feature listed, and how you guys have done it. Any hints?

Ongoing work on Afghan Island

- The ongoing work in this Department will take some time, as you would expect on a 25km x 25km Island. This will however prove its worth once complete, with different missions being played out on all areas of the island. So to that end, work continues on the Green zone area, including mud walls and buildings to suit our destructible structure system. This has been incorporated to best suit our game play. Although time consuming all valleys and outlying village areas are being manually sculpted to maximise island usage for the future.

- A Camp Bastion style Main Base in the south is being worked on to compliment some of our larger missions with helo transport, logistics etc.

- Even native plant/weed species for clutter and poppy fields are being added, to recreate the area as accurately as possible.

Project Reality Menu

For aesthetics the menu, background trailer, loading screens and general look of the default ArmA2 interface are being reworked to give it a cleaner, fresher look.

woodland_man_truck_thumb.jpg bowman_comms_equipment_thumb.jpg man_truck_interior_thumb.jpg

- Beta Testing Update

Beta Testing started this week in earnest, with a focus purely on the Game play at this point. We now have the makings of a dedicated Beta Testing team in place and a test server, so finding those bugs will be their priority. You can still apply to become a PR:ArmA2 Beta Tester in the tester application thread.

- Release Date

Due to the increase in the PR:ArmA2 Team, and the Development we have already started on, it is now looking more likely that we will not be releasing v0.1 until at least June / July. The main reason for this is being we have a lot of complex functions and frameworks in development that we need to implement to give us our core release. Not forgetting all of this will need further testing too.

- Official Project Reality Servers

As previously mentioned, we always place a big emphasis on Server Admins, and in the next few weeks we will be getting in touch with Server Admins who have shown interest to assist us in developing a robust system and config. This will ensure the PvP servers are in a position to be able to provide the players with a solid and reliable Project Reality PvP server. A place where they can simply join in and experience populated servers, with first class teamwork and a unique gameplay style.

- Become a PR Developer or Contributor

If you feel you have something to offer, or would like to be a part of the Project Reality Development Team, please do not hesitate to contact any of the team, or email [R-DEV]UK_Force. 3D Modelers are particularly sought after by the team, and are a priority for us at the moment.

- Show your support

If signatures are your thing, feel free to make use of our official user bar, if indeed you wish to display support for Project Reality.

pr_supporter_bar.jpg

So there you have it. Lots happening, and these are exciting times for the team. For further information please feel free to browse the Project Reality ArmA2 Forums and become more involved. The community is growing and there are some great ideas coming to the fore. We hope this Highlights Reel answers some of the community's questions. We thank you all for your continued support, and hope you will enjoy the future release .

- The Project Reality Team

As already pointed out, please use the existing PR thread for any discussion about it.

Closing.

I've always maintained it is their prerogative to do so, they hold the copyright, it's their work born of their vision and I totally understand why they wouldn't want to then compete for an audience with servers running a bastardized version of their own endeavours.

Wouldn't claiming copyright of this be in contravention of the BIS EULA?

Well for 1) you don't need to use any BIS tools to develop a mission and 2) I'm pretty sure the idea that BIS owns all modders work has been thoroughly debunked by modders and moderators alike on many occasions.

Two threads merged together :)

Well for 1) you don't need to use any BIS tools to develop a mission and 2) I'm pretty sure the idea that BIS owns all modders work has been thoroughly debunked by modders and moderators alike on many occasions.

Meh. This still gives me an uneasy feeling. Just because there's precedence, doesn't make it right or acceptable. It seems to go against the spirit of the community that I cherish so much here.

The screens of the vehicles etc looks outstanding. Keep the great work up PR team. :)

Meh. This still gives me an uneasy feeling. Just because there's precedence, doesn't make it right or acceptable. It seems to go against the spirit of the community that I cherish so much here.

The community is its own worst enemy where multi-player is concerned, 100 servers running slightly different versions of the same mission and all requiring differing combinations of mods and all consequently with only 3-4 players on ain't exactly a formula for great gaming. I don't see that any mission-maker's interest in the growth and success of their endeavour should necessarily end with their compiling it into a pbo, they have rights and should exercise them

Yes, indeed, highlights for me were that they're now looking at working with the TeamSpeak 3 plug-in for VOIP rather than Mumble - nothing against Mumble per-se just TS3 has the greater foothold in ArmA already. And of course the shooting from vehicles if they can pull it off. A shame to hear the release is a ways off but I'm sure it'll prove worth it!

As already pointed out, please use the existing PR thread for any discussion about it.

Closing.

Can you just confirm - I am not entitled to create a new thread with regards to Project Reality Development, and it will all remain in this one thread ?

Go Go Go!

Supporting this fully its nice to see you guys came up with a release date!

Edited by [10th] Rezza

UK_Force;1596590']Can you just confirm - I am not entitled to create a new thread with regards to Project Reality Development' date=' and it will all remain in this one thread ?

[/quote']

Exactly that, only one thread per Mod.

And if the PR staff and supporters could stop the spamming and thread bumping with such meaningful posts as "Go Go Go!" that would be nice.

I really can't wait to play this :)

(I'm registered me as sommergemuese on realitymod.com - already entered you Forums :))

And if the PR staff and supporters could stop the spamming and thread bumping with such meaningful posts as "Go Go Go!" that would be nice.

And stop breaking forum rules regarding signatures as well please! :)