Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Tools like six updater are most useful for devs and beta testers. It isn't ideal for public servers when you have to update every couple of days. I seriously doubt the PR team will go down the route of daily/weekly updates for the masses.

My main concern is the headache Six Updater caused with updating and servers and players going out of sync every few days. I can imagine that being even more of an issue with such a PvP friendly focus. I'd rather see updates going on behind closed doors and a new download/patch every few months. Much less disruptive and confusing.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by stun

I suggest using Turtoise SVN, best updater tool I've ever used.

In the game called Garry's Mod pretty much all large addons use it.

Beats Six Updater at pretty much everything from speed to simplicity and beyond :O

Beats Six Updater at pretty much everything from speed to simplicity and beyond :O

a fellow Gmodder :p

Yeah, has proper GUI, and updating is easy as hell. Also to download a new mod/addon you just enter URL address for it and it automatically downloads and "installs" it to correct place

I hate ace, I dont play A2 for that kinda realism.... soon you'll have to eat or get blurry vision.... :j:

But PR looks interesting, will be watching its progress :)

Good luck guys :thumb:

If they're going to use an updater program, they should use Tortoise SVN, by far the best updating program out there.

An updater program would indeed be welcome. This would presumably mean that we wouldn't have to download massive versions (0.1, 0.2, etc.) every time they are released, but rather have only the new content automatically added.

It could also mean the devs wouldn't have to hold back on bugfixes until the next major release, instead updating whenever they feel the need (like ACE), however there's the potential problem of keeping all the servers up to date to avoid fragmenting the community. But I think that's workable, updates don't have to be daily after all.

I hate ace, I dont play A2 for that kinda realism.... soon you'll have to eat or get blurry vision.... :j:

Who cares what you or anyone else think of Ace in this thread? It's offtopic so cut it out please.

Also all this discussion of what launcher they should or shouldn't use is irrelevant and offtopic, if the PR team ask for suggestions as to what launcher they should use then it's on topic, for now it's off, so cut it out please, the thread was ruined once because of nonsense by multiple people, this will not happen again, even if we have to give out dozens of infractions to ensure that, keep the thread on topic, keep the thread troll free, keep the thread spam free, please, thank you.

You should really get Mando on board :)

I mean... I just downloaded his new MM today (I hadn't played for a while) and just used his demo missions to check out all the equipment: I was like WTF!

The Monocles just ROCK, the HUDs look cool, even the portable weapons are really cool PLUS BALANCED now. Its no tab space anymore. Its much more. Plus it looks really cool. Sometimes you even doubt you are still playing ArmA 2 ;)

You should really get Mando on board :)

Too late, they already have him on board ... ;)

Check this.

They do? O_o

Somehow I missed him in that list.

Now it happened. I love you :*(

You can also add Mark XIII "HiFi SFX" who just joined the Pr Arma2 crew. :)

Obsolete distribution topic removed :)

Is it possible to get an link to an HD Version of the trailer?

Trailer looks fantastic want it in my Trailer collection :yay:

Thanks!

I tested today for the first time the devastation mission coop on [RIP] server, it is very cool and u feel the PR inspiration in it. It s very promising if the same team works on PR project for arma. I dont understand why this mission is not more played on multiplayer server. I hope that the Pr "label" and the PR public relation will bring a lot of people for this kind of mission.

Absolutely love the trailer, and also, welcome to Arma 2, PR team, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Is it possible to get an link to an HD Version of the trailer?

Trailer looks fantastic want it in my Trailer collection :yay:

Thanks!

The trailer along with all of our others (BF2) can be found on our YouTube channel

realitymod on Youtube

Our first update will be up this Friday for everyone, hopefully it will answer most questions. :D

UKF

I bought BF2 last week so I could install PR to see what it is like. Wow! I have played a few games on public servers and had loads of fun. I'm amazed at how organised the squads are on public servers. Experienced players automatically take command of the fire teams and call the shots; and almost all team members follow their orders. Now that I have had a taste of PR, I'm really excited about it coming to Arma 2. Best of luck PR team.

Edited by stun

been a PR player since 0.3 or what ever xD veteran :)

finally its coming to ARMA2.. might be better as well.. with coop etc..

good luck guys! ill bookmark this thread as well <3 cant w8 for those maps and tasty weapons <3

Yeah, I also bought BF2 yesterday just because of PR mod and it has been worth all the money I put in it. (Basically I paid for a mod :D)

Hopefully they are able to bring us the coop fiiling as it is in BF2

UK_Force;1591448']Thank you very much Suma - That means a lot to us' date=' and yes we are used to all of this ....lol. I am sure we will have the same when our retail game goes to market too.[/quote']

Welcome fellas and thanks for bringing this to A2! I know I'm a little late here but I had to chime in.

Refuse to give any money to EA and the videos I have seen of PR have been less than impressive and did not give me the impression that so many fans of this mod like to express. It will be nice to actually experience your work first hand rather than trying to temper fanboy reporting with my own built in skepticism. Also, it is always nice to see new talent join the community.

Could have used just a wee bit more tact there.

Could have, if I was into butt kissing. Sometimes honesty is harsh, at least I offered to forgo finalizing an opinion without first hand experience and took the time to acknowledge that they are contributing to this community. I can give my opinion about it, whether positive or not, and not flame them for having done the work. Not everyone likes the same things.