Sign in to follow this  
mikebart

Clutter names value count different in...

Hey guys, im just having a bit of trouble with getting some clutter working with my island, its using my own grass models, and they're in "p:\mikebart\mb_veg\" and my island is in "p:\mikebart\mb_manaisland\"

basically im down to the last of many errors and have been slowly getting though them with help from some nice fellas, but although this one seems like it would be really simple, its got me stumped, just thought maybe someone might see whats going wrong here, thanks in advance.

this is the error i get in my pbo.log:

Clutter names value count different in H:\BI_Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgSurfaceCharacters/MB_soilGrassClutter/ (2!=4)
Config: 'names' array does not have 3 entries.
Config: 'names' array does not have 4 entries.
Clutter names value count different in H:\BI_Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgSurfaceCharacters/MB_dryGrassClutter/ (2!=4)
Config: 'names' array does not have 3 entries.
Config: 'names' array does not have 4 entries.

class MB_GrassLong: DefaultClutter
{
model = mikebart\MB_Veg\MB_clutterGrass01.p3d;
affectedByWind = 0.1;
scaleMin = 0.6;
scaleMax = 1.6;
};
class MB_GrassShort: DefaultClutter
{
model = mikebart\MB_Veg\MB_clutterGrass02.p3d;
affectedByWind = 0.1;
scaleMin = 0.5;
scaleMax = 0.9;
};

class CfgSurfaces
{
class Default {};
class MB_grasssurface: Default
{
	files = "MB_soilGrass_*";
	rough = 0.1;
	dust = 0.1;
	soundEnviron = "grass";
	character = "MB_soilGrassClutter";
};
class MB_drygrasssurface: Default
{
	files = "MB_drygrass_*";
	rough = 0.1;
	dust = 0.1;
	soundEnviron = "grass";
	character = "MB_dryGrassClutter";
};
};
class CfgSurfaceCharacters
{
class MB_soilGrassClutter
{
	probability[] = {0.79,0.1,0.1,0.01};
	names[] ={MB_GrassLong,MB_Grassshort};
};
class MB_dryGrassClutter
{
};
};

Edited by mikebart

check in your CfgSurfaceCharacters, it seems you defined MB_Grassshort with 3 "S" instead of 2 "S" in the Clutter file

the triple "s" is no problem since it is a name that is used...

but you have this:

class MB_soilGrassClutter

{

... you have 4 values in probability but only 2 clutter in names defined, but they have to be the same.

You also have to leave a space after the "," like this:

probability[] = {0.15, 0.5, 0.3, 0.1};

names[] = {"BTHBlueBerry", "BTHHeatherBrush", "BTHGrassCrooked", "BTHWeedSedge"};

hope that helped

mmh but the clutter is defined with "ss" not with "sss".

I don't think the config will match the clutter in this case.

thanks for the quick replies guys. That fixed the error Beton, cheers:).

I now have no errors in my log but my map still wont load, it just hangs on the last 2 boxes on the arma2 loading bar, and then crashes with this error, "Include file config.cpp not found" does that ring any bells for anyone?

Edited by mikebart

just posting up my config, might help, thanks

class CfgPatches
{
class MB_manaisland
{
	units[] = {MB_manaisland};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.03;
	requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"};
	version = "2010-3-14";
	fileName = "MB_manaisland.pbo";
	author = "mikbart";
	mail = "mikebart1980@hotmail.com";
};
};
class CfgWorlds
{
class CAWorld;
class Utes: CAWorld
{
	class Grid;
	class DefaultClutter;
};
class MB_manaisland: Utes
{
	description = "Mana Island";
	worldName= "\mikebart\mb_manaisland\mb_manaisland.wrp";
	pictureShot = "\mikebart\mb_manaisland\data\ui_selectisland_mana_ca.paa";
	centerPosition[] = {2720,2462,500};
	seagullPos[] = {2720,2462,500};
	longitude = 30; // positive is east, in degrees?
	latitude = -45; // positive is south, in degrees?

class Clutter
	{
		#include "cfgClutter.hpp"
	};
	class Names
	{
		#include "mb_manaisland.hpp"
	};
};
};

class CfgWorldList
{
class MB_manaisland {};
};

class CfgMissions
{
class Cutscenes
{
	class MB_manaislandintro
	{
	directory = "mikebart\mb_manaisland\data\scenes\Intro.MB_manaisland";
	};
};
};

#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

actually there is an error when i run arma2.exe, i get "Include file config.cpp not found"

Well...

since i use a modified chernarus config, i don´t know much about this include thingy. But i remember i had this problem when i was playing around with modified Bis-plants. Maybe you should try and binarize your Island again. But you should empty your bintemp before.

You could also have a look in the sourcepath settings... sometimes the "use sourcepath" in the options is not the best way..

I've pretty much tried to stick to how sgt Aces tutorial is set up, i tried emptying my bin_temp and re binarized and it got a little bit further, it took a long time to load but it eventually launched arma2. I could select the island in the armory but not in the editor and when I launched it from the armory, i had a crash "couldnt find mb_manaisland.wrp", it also couldnt find "\mikebart\mb_manaisland\data\ui_selectisland_mana_ca.paa" although its correctly defined in the config.

I've tried binarizing with and without *.wrp in the list of files to copy over directly and still get the same errors.

Hm...

try to avoid capital letters in your config. As far as i remember i had some errors produced by that...

Hi Mikebart...!

A couple of points...

Firstly the mb_veg actual addon...

You'll have to $PBOPREFIX$ a "mikebart\" and have that inside the mb_veg folder when it's packed as an island addon if you use your current setup... That means that when the mb_veg folder is a "standalone addon" and the game encounters it, it will tack a "mikebart\" on to the beginning of all paths to items inside that addon - since when you added those items to Visitor they were along a path that included "mikebart\" at the beginning, and the island itself will be looking along that path for its objects...

That's "proper use of namespace" a la Kju ;) (I think), and is actually how BIS have everything laid out...

Personally I've only semi-bothered with that... with the island itself - yes, but with the associated plants addon - not yet...

With my custom plants "addon"... during development its a "bushplants" folder on P:\ - items added from that root location to visitor, etc... when including with a working island it is simply .pbo'd as it stands and included in the island addons folder...

Unless of course you're planning on embedding the addons - in which case they need to be right inside your island folder - not just sharing the namespace... (that embedding milarkey can be tricky in itself though...)

So...

P:\mb_veg\<plantmodels go here>

or...

P:\mikebart\mb_veg\<plantmodels and a "mikebart\" $PBOPREFIX$ go here>

(either way - when you come to make the folder into an addon for inclusion beside the island file you PBO the "mb_veg" folder)

plus...

P:\mikebart\mb_mamaisland\<data&sourcefolders, config, .wrp, clutter.hpp, etc go here>

Now the config...

drop the leading "\" in these two... (the cutscene directory one is OK)...

worldName= "\mikebart\mb_manaisland\mb_manaisland.wrp";
	pictureShot = "\mikebart\mb_manaisland\data\ui_selectisland_mana_ca.paa";

should be eg:...

worldName= "mikebart\mb_manaisland\MB_manaisland.wrp";

*essentially - remember that in all paths "P:\" is implied already - all your paths need to be set so they tack onto the end of that... your current path is actually being understood as...

P:\\mikebart\etc, etc

Final point.....

If you have

fileName = "MB_manaisland.pbo";

then worldname has to be...

worldName= "mikebart\mb_manaisland\MB_manaisland.wrp";

Capitals are OK here (only place I've had hassles with CAPS is in texture filenames...) but they have to be the same name - and your .pew file should also be the same name...

In fact - to maintain consistency with the island folder I'd pick either "mb" or "MB" and replace all occurances everywhere - including .rvmats, etc... just to be sure...

For example - in my island project my path is...

P:\Bush\LFA14\LFA14.pew, LFA14.wrp, etc... "islandname" and "islandfoldername" the same in all cases.....

Everything else looks OK... I use the #include's for clutter, etc - they should be working fine... binPBO merges them all during binarizing...

drop those leading "\"'s and try again... let us know how you get on...

B

P.S... if you search the earlydays Island Editing threads you'll find a sad and plaintive little post from me, right when I started making islands again with the new tools... for three days and nights I wailed..... "my island isn't workiiiiiing! waaaah!".... it was this exact same extra "\" issue - in binPBO in my case! :D

Edited by Bushlurker

thanks for all the info Bushlurker, Beton, thats really helpful and explains a lot, I managed to get my island working by removing all the capitals from my clutter files just like you guys have said and I also dropped those extra "/". My $PBOPREFIX$ only works if its "mikebart\mb_manaisland", it was also finding "nozwrite" in my grass .rvmat, and that was spitting out an error, so that might have been a contributing factor aswell, but im kind of not entirely sure exactly what was causing the error, its quite temperamental though, theres been a few times where i've broken something since i got it to work and had to revert back to when it did, although the last few times ive managed to fix the problem myself, which is what i should be doing :).

I've just been running around, having fun in the armory since i got it working though, but I spent some time making some colour tweaks and clutter tweeks, i posted up a few screenshots to say thanks for all the help!

mana05.th.jpg mana07.th.jpg