Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

Help in road creation

Hi guys,

I'm trying to add some roads to my new map, but when trying to add road pieces to the road definition (Tools -> Roads) i have the following error:

"Object doesn't follow requirements for road object. (Are there all named points present?)"

This happens when i will try to add roads from the \ca\roads2 folder (freshly unpacked from main game), so i'm unable to add road pieces to my map.

Instead, by adding road pieces from \ca\roads (old version) i can do this and roads are visible on A2 bulldozer but... without textures.

I've lurked all around the forum and googled several tons of pages, but all tutorials are referring to Arma1 and the only one similar request on the forum has not obtained any reply, so i'm asking it hoping to have better luck :)

Any ideas?

When you installed your BI Tools Drive, (P: ), mlod road models were also installed at the same time in 2 folders ... Roads and Roads2.

Visitor needs mlod road models in order for roads to work, it cannot use binarized roads from a depboed game roads2.pbo.

If you depboed the roads2.pbo from the game, you probably overwrote the mlod roads with the odol roads.

You will need to reinstate the mlod roads, possibly by re-installing the Tools Drive ... unless you backed up the mlod roads that is.

Planck

grrr... was so simple... i was probably abducted by aliens when i've extracted all my pbo's from ArmA2...

Grazie Planck! ;)