Sign in to follow this  
Balistic

importing arma1 plants and buildings

Hey

I have some trouble with the use of ArmA1 plants and buildings in visitor. The plants do not work and only some of the buildings have texture.

What I have done is:

Downloaded CAA1.

Unpbo the fx "caa1_p_plantsClassic", moved folder to P drive, and tried to use them in visitor. When I view in Bouldozer the trees are not showing up (lack texture ect)...

I should be able to use the ArmA 1 objects in ArmA 2, right???? Need ArmA 1 stuff for my island, but how do I do it.

(btw, I can run Caa1 i arma2, works fine, some of the trees seems to have bad texture).

Edited by Balistic

I have the same problem, one idea i had was using buildings.pbo from ARMA and running the map in CAA1.

But i would like to be able to use a mix of ARMA and ARMA2 buildings, hope someone could share their thoughts about if this is possible.

When using "unpboed" CAA1 objects, shows up in visitor, but no textures. And does not show up at all when run in ARMA2.

I know its possible to import ARMA buildings, but i do not know how much work is needed. If it is just to provide a new config for the ARMA model or if more work is needed.

Funny, i was just logging in to start a tread about this.

Well i have not tried caa1 really..

but i think you have to use the real arma1 pbo´s for visitor and then play it with caa1 since there are some paths which may be different.

If you want to use arma1 objects in visitor you have to be careful not to make a mess out of your p: drive because some buildings have the same name in Arma1 and 2. The same problem will apear when it comes to the ca\ folder... there may be some files which will be overwritten.

I personally think that if you want to use arma1 objects on your map you should make them as an addon... this means use the arma samplemodels, textures from original arma and put them in a completely own folder. Then you have to correct the paths etc. and binarize it.

I made it like this for my wintertrees, clutter and some retextured buildings...

I personally think that if you want to use arma1 objects on your map you should make them as an addon... this means use the arma samplemodels, textures from original arma and put them in a completely own folder. Then you have to correct the paths etc. and binarize it.

I made it like this for my wintertrees, clutter and some retextured buildings...

That was what i thought. Will have to look into that.

I will probably retexture some of the buildings too so it shouldnt be that much extra work.