Good things happen when you don't pay attention!

I have been following the progress of the map for a long time, then i kind of forgot about it, and bam, here it is.

Complete with winter units and coop missions to boot. Lovely :)

Just spent a couple of hours exploring Thirsk and all I can say is...

- This island is a master piece, thanks to everyone involved!

Love the attention to detail and now we have midnight sun as well during the summer :)

/KC

can't load in editor :(

does someone has got the same problem ?

Whats your problem, do you not see Thirsk or does it give you a message when you try to load it?

Just tried the snowy version and it's awesome as well only (minor) issue I have is that my footstep sound in the snow is very loud any way to lower it (without changing my current vol. balance) to ~1/3 of current volume?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I don't see the map in the map list, and I don't have any errors.

Podagorsk or Quesh-kibrul or Isla Duala for example work fine so I don't understand why not with this map.

Podagorsk or Quesh-kibrul or Isla Duala for example work fine so I don't understand why not with this map.

Hmm. Did you move over all files? All 16 of them.

Scratch that - i meant 12. I have the camo in the same folder...

Whats your EXACT path to the Thirsk island mod files?

You need to have a mod folder like @Thirsk inside that a folder named addons and inside that goes the pbo's and bisign files.

only issue I have is that my footstep sound in the snow is very loud and simple way to lower it to ~1/3 of current volume?

Fully agree :)

@Thirsk/Addons/Files as ususal but don't work

thanks all for your help :)

What does your shorcut target line looks like?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@mod1;@mod2;@Thirsk

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\@Thirsk

and I use ArmA II Launcher

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

sorry for the inconvenience but I have just cancelled the mod, and downloaded again, and installed again, and now it's working, strange, .... mistery of informatic I think ... :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

thanks all for your help :)

Answer to the snow sounds: When you are walking on powder snow, it really sounds surprisingly loud in real life too. But when you are shooting and at the same time walking, you can hear how the footsteps fade away as there is something more louder (the gun). So it tries to be realistic, but I'll maybe reduce the sound volume in the future because of requests.

I think the snow sound is just perfect, great work with the sound !

Answer to the snow sounds: When you are walking on powder snow, it really sounds surprisingly loud in real life too. But when you are shooting and at the same time walking, you can hear how the footsteps fade away as there is something more louder (the gun). So it tries to be realistic, but I'll maybe reduce the sound volume in the future because of requests.

Appreciate your input. I'm pretty sure it also has to do with what my (and others) volume settings are set to in the sound setup. For example I prefer to have volumeFX pretty high so I can easily hear the environment sounds around me, below is my actual volume settings if you feel to try it out.

volumeCD=0;

volumeFX=5.9525819;

volumeSpeech=3.4679925;

Also the same high volume "issue" applies to the wind sound in a snowstorm when using the above settings.

Just an idea, maybe there could be a small optional addon to drop into the Thirsk folder that lowered the current snow footstep and wind volumes to ~1/3 of current volume?

Again not a big issue and I can always lower my volume in game when playing the winter version...

/KC

Just had a little test game with JW on Thirsk - WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Thank you very, very much, Raunhofer! I am amazed!

I must say that this is one of the best made islands so far for ArmA. It is very well made with alot of attention to detail, and it has many interesting locations for possible scenarios. The fact that you made a winter version of this island opens even more possibilities for scenario and map makers. Very well done!

Fantastic map dude, definatly up with the best user made islands. Got some good memories of winter maps from OFP aswell. This just brings it all back to me, the glow of destroyed tank on the snow. :p:p

Very nice islands, love the snow. Realy liking that snow good work. Ya should do an desert island with the sounds that you got going on in the snow island. Dust bowl, foot sounds in the sand... keep it going.

Yeah! Your the man!

This is one of the best islands ever made for ArmA II. The snow version just adds to that. I love it!

Keep making more maps. Your great! :)

This is a great map for those looking for more Scandinavian/Finnish/Russian scenery!

Brilliant! Of course it looks great, we'd seen enough screenshots to know what to expect there but the real surprise is how well it performs. I was expecting something a trifle laggy and it's not at all. Expertly done Raunhofer!

Yes indeed this map is superb quality. Both in detail, placement .. a real "map design".

And I also have to commend you on optimisation because for what you get visually, and what you get for FPS performance is perfection. I will be copying all my scenarios over to this map for sure.

Great islands + snow sounds + winter camo + missions!

Just the AI drove through the ponds at Thirsk. Perhaps they were only afraid of inspection and want to enter the town with a clean car. ;):D

The design of this island is really top notch, loving all the details. One thing, is anyone else having any stuttering when flying over the non-winter version? I've never had any stutter on other maps. It's odd because my FPS stay high (40-60) but the game stutters along when going quickly over the forest. :confused: