Sign in to follow this  
SprintJack

Czech GamePage tv show CC preview

Looks good.

Fire FX and explosions looked alot better.

I wanna hear that newly built sound engine do its thing soon.

Translated:

Ez8vzA019DQ

BTW, Ceska Televize's web is really an abomination. The WMV video wouldn't load past the commercial and the Real Media version played commercials and random shows...

Thanks Deadfast!

So the game will be back and forth i guess. RTS and then on the ground level FPS cycling between them. And i guess some other elements as well.

Looking real good. :)

Well, that's a WIP video, i don't find it very convincing, but it's a very beginning i guess.

I think it is great. It seems more arcade than Arma, which is not bad in my opinion. Camera movement seems very fluid.

Nice, finally some gameplay. Looks even more interesting for me now.

The flying part looks like a lot of fun. The FPS part looks a bit "meh" though IMO. And the old CGI that we saw before looks kinda stiff and budget game like.

Edited by sparks50

Nice, finally some gameplay. Looks even more interesting for me now.

The flying part looks like a lot of fun. The FPS part looks a bit "meh" though IMO. And the old CGI that we saw before looks kinda stiff and budget game like.

Yeah, I know what you mean. If anything I'd like the gameplay mechanics to be similar to Counter-Strike: Source, where single shots are very accurate but spraying causes a predictable recoil pattern. And, of course, running while shooting will make the weapons very inaccurate.

Other than that, though, I'm really pleased with what I saw. The game looks very interesting and I can't wait to try it out.

I think BIS should need to revisit the original. They are making a FPS out of a classic strategy and IMHO that is a fail. FPS shouldn't be the "major" point in the CC remake. My 50c.

I think BIS should need to revisit the original. They are making a FPS out of a classic strategy and IMHO that is a fail. FPS shouldn't be the "major" point in the CC remake. My 50c.

I'm completly with you there. But what is worse, IMHO, is that they are making a mission- based game out of it - HUGE FAIL. I think it was one of the greatest things in the original CC, that you had complete freedom over your actions - the enemy carrier was there from the start, and your only objective was "Destroy it". HOW you went on doing that - completly up to you. And from what I've seen so far, it looks a lot as though the game would run in a linear mission - to mission way:

Mission 1: Capture Island 1

Mission 2: Capture Island 2

Mission 3: Re- capture Island 1

Mission 99: Engage enemy carrier.

I truly hope I am wrong…

I enjoy good old strategies, but I am hoping for a good story too.. I want to see characters, locations, mysteries.. I want to explore the world.

I fully support the idea of cut-scenes and story missions. The game should have something more then strategic mouse clicking.

It looks like the story for the game is ready so our chat about fails and wins won't change anything. Just my 50c and respect for the developers.

I think you should revisit the video - they clearly say that that was NOT a major component.

Edited by Deadfast

I still have the original and I agree about the FPS not being to appealing, I would not mind if you air dropped troops and they went about there attack Ai Style but I don’t want to be fighting with a hand gun that was not the way the original. And if your in a FPS is that you away from the ship and what is happening? Must emit Alarm bells were ringing when I seen what looked like a very poor FPS.

CC was all about your ship and the great things you did with the land vehicle and the aircraft. I loved the fact I could deploy drones, launch the water vehicle out the back and send it on its way and fly over it two minutes later if the aircraft. I’d take twenty more options on the ship with Defence platforms, damage control, different aircraft for spying etc and long range drones over FPS. FPS is well catered for.

The scope for this is huge if done right, Design island defences, resupply your ship, Damage control ( I want to take a beating) System failures and repair, weather conditions and night attacks. I’d actually like a storm rolling in and having to get all my units safe back on board and wait it out.

Just got majorly disappointed with SHV on forum feedback and that was because the developers released a very poor product and hope this will be different.

Do not get the post above, what do you mean? Did they say FPS would be a major part of the new game as there was nothing like it i the original, trust me played it unlike some.

Edited by sav112g

Donot get the post above, what do you mean? Did they say FPS would be a major part of the new game as there was nothing like it i the original, trust me played it unlike some.

I'm sorry, I left out the "not".

In the video they say that the FPS segment is not a big part of the game.

That good news might be ok single player missions but in Multiplayer….nah. This is after all about big boy toys………I forgot to add Detection systems on the ship, Radar etc.

The colour usage is great, it gives the game a fresh look and something new coming from BIS, where most of their games are pretty 'greyish' in the sense that in OFP and ArmA etc colours are very dull.

Wow, nice surprise.

It surely seems smooth on the FPS side, though the density of objects is much lower than Arma 2. The Lod switching is easier on the eye and the new effects are gorgeous...

Will we see some side-benefits in Arrowhead ?

This is going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks for the translate Deadfast...looks a an interesting game. It's looking to me what Warfare in Arma should be. 2nd half of 2010 eh? :yay:

Is this -really- running on the RV3 engine? I can´t believe how smooth it looks.

This is looking beautiful. BIS, you have my attention on this.

Also thx for the translation, much appreciated!

Cheers

It's a new engine they are developping. Not Real Virtuality, though it shares some algorithms and linda vegetation.