Sign in to follow this  
Nutty_101

SQL, DataStorage, and External Plugin's (Updated Thread)

I have released a preview/Alpha of my new version of the DSTS module. This program allows admins/scriptwriters to access functions that are not native to Arma 2. It supports simple file based storage of variables (no limit), Databases (SQLLite, OleDB, or ODBC) and other methods. The source code for all parts will be released as I clean it up (C#, some VB for reference). Unlike other programs that allow you to access information external to ARMA I have provided admins with the ability to lock the utility down in all aspects. This will ensure nothing can be accessed outside the files you wish. See the command list below for a quick summary.

On the security subject I have implemented several pieces to help secure access to the program. All commands are able to be locked out via the config files. File/directory operations are locked to folders should you choose, HTTP is able to be locked down per site/url, email is also lockable to specific domains/addresses. The system also implements a queue system and that also validates the commands being sent out as well as the application itself. The commands are all prefixed with a specific string per a config file. Anything else is discarded for security.

To activate the functions you need either need to pass the -mod={Folder} argument or move the addon into your addons folder. Once that is done all you need to do is call the main init function [Example:]

_Handle = [] execVM "\DSTS_V2_ADDON\DSTS_Init.SQF"; waitUntil {scriptDone _Handle};

Once that init is done you can then call functions as follows..

_Result = [_sCommandPrefix,"1234567"] call DSTS1_STRING_LENGTH;

would return 7.

Download Links:

Core Program - Power Panel V1.0.0 Beta Release

DSTS V2 Plug-in - PowerPanel_DSTS_V2.0.13_022710.rar

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=23

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Also in the works is a plugin that will allow server admin's & Map makers to work with all the chat messages from users. It will generate an event that you can see what people are saying on chat. This is great for reviewing chat logs on your server.

I am currently working on a module that will show the GPS screen external to Arma clients (Server has to enable it) as well as allow for custom messages to be sent to the client screen itself. While this isn't all that useful for single monitor people it will be handy for people with extra screen space. I have it showing the map with an icon on it now and chat logs for the players side. It utilizes the games key to log into the plugin/server as well. It is not stable though so it has some work to be done.

The source code for this plug-in is online as well. As you can tell it's not 100% but i need some people to test it out and tell me where bugs are or what else to add/change. I will work on it more but promised that the new versions of my stuff would have the source online for others. It's in C# - VS 2008.

Hey, I have been waiting for something like this for ages... am I right in thinking this can record data DIRECT from A2 into a database? Such as UNITS DESTROYED etc? This will be awesome for making multiplayer campaigns...

Hey, I have been waiting for something like this for ages... am I right in thinking this can record data DIRECT from A2 into a database? Such as UNITS DESTROYED etc? This will be awesome for making multiplayer campaigns...

Yup. I need to really sit down and document it as well as clean it up but just wanted to get people looking at it for testing/ideas. The last time I should have released the source for the old version. I ended up falling off the face of the earth for a while. So this time i want to make sure people can continue it should i get ran over by my wifes car or something. I kid..

It supports file based storage, Anything that supports oledb or ODBC as well. I used two methods to ensure connections can be made as i know some dbapps only support one or the other. I also made sure not to use anything third party for the project (outside the SQLite library).

Yup. I need to really sit down and document it as well as clean it up but just wanted to get people looking at it for testing/ideas. The last time I should have released the source for the old version. I ended up falling off the face of the earth for a while. So this time i want to make sure people can continue it should i get ran over by my wifes car or something. I kid..

It supports file based storage, Anything that supports oledb or ODBC as well. I used two methods to ensure connections can be made as i know some dbapps only support one or the other. I also made sure not to use anything third party for the project (outside the SQLite library).

Thank you for this mod, this is going to change the way we can script now. Given that this function was stripped from A2 (only VBS etc has this), we can now begin to make ops that are dependant on others... pretty exciting stuff :)

Edited by rexehuk

It is potentially THE most exciting thing to hit Arma2. We COULD now have characters that improve as they train, gain awards etc by playing over hours.

Superb ...... the sky is the limit.

It is potentially THE most exciting thing to hit Arma2. We COULD now have characters that improve as they train, gain awards etc by playing over hours.

Superb ...... the sky is the limit.

Not to mention addons that can be kept 100% private and 100% secure by using internal databases not accessible by others if they leave the clan... Sky is indeed the limit, and it's provided by Nutty :p

I have no idea what this is or how it works, but from reading the comments it looks real good. :) Thanks Nutty. And you with skills - get crackin will ya using this! :D (jk).

Your bullshitting me right? This is :icon_dj:

@Alex: Imagine you have a database behind ARMA to persist your data, giving you the abiltiy to export and import anything you ever want into the game, totally secure.

Amazing :thumb:

If I had this running on a sever that had sig checks on, would I be able to send a chat message to a joining player what sigs failed and where to get them. Currently that ability is limited at best and the joining player often doesn't get the message.

Hey man, before I play around further, how can I open up the db3 files? A fairly old format to still be using! Can't find any apps for windows 7 to open the dam thing lol.

Access can't seem to work with it, so wonderinf if you have any solutions?

**EDIT**

Don't worry... All I have to say is WOOOOOW :D

Edited by rexehuk

Hey man, before I play around further, how can I open up the db3 files? A fairly old format to still be using! Can't find any apps for windows 7 to open the dam thing lol.

Access can't seem to work with it, so wonderinf if you have any solutions?

**EDIT**

Don't worry... All I have to say is WOOOOOW :D

SqliteAdmin is a good tool for it. Nothing else there is Sqlite2009 as well but thats just a trial. I just used it cause people love that thing and powerful for a small file. Low memory usage, single file.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

;1588833']If I had this running on a sever that had sig checks on' date=' would I be able to send a chat message to a joining player what sigs failed and where to get them. Currently that ability is limited at best and the joining player often doesn't get the message.[/quote']

You know, I really don't know how you would do that. Someone here might however have a way to figure it out. :)

Nice !

How does the plugin communicate with ArmA ?

I'm guessing DLL injection/hook? Pretty sure the only way this sort of thing could have been achieved?

If it has been done another way I would love to hear how!

I'm guessing DLL injection/hook? Pretty sure the only way this sort of thing could have been achieved?

If it has been done another way I would love to hear how!

Clipboard, my old was via a dll injection/hook. This way there are no issues with versions since the clip function is built into arma.

(http://forums.livecar.net/index.php?showtopic=130)

Not sure what you guys think but let me know. Not as fast as hooking but also less issues that go with hooking a game. There are some limits as well but i think they are minor in the grand scheme of things. The image shows how many commands were issued per second. I wrote an SQF that pretty much saves all units/vehicles. Also lets you restore them to the exact same moment in time. Flying, who is inside as well as damage, fuel, speed, you name it (except inventory. gurrr)..

I posted up another version with a test mission using the file storage system. However there are issues with it. If anyone wants to take a shot at it and see if they can resolve the issue where the units never get into the vehicle (scripting error). Oh get the updated plug-in as well. It has all the extra data you need to make the mission work.

Save all vehicles & Units on the map: http://forums.livecar.net/index.php?showtopic=131&pid=425&st=0entry425

Updated Dsts Plug: http://forums.livecar.net/index.php?showtopic=128&pid=426&st=0entry426

@Alex: Imagine you have a database behind ARMA to persist your data, giving you the abiltiy to export and import anything you ever want into the game, totally secure.

Amazing :thumb:

Yeah thanks for the explanation. I got that when i read the comments and that seems superb indeed. :)

So we could get this to remember the number of kills we have had on a particular mission (eg Evolution) even IF the server has to restart. LOVELY !

Now all addons can have their own in-game key settings interface. Or a new one to incorporate ALL keys, arma and present addons that register to the interface.

Does anyone have a working link to the mod? All the links in this thread seem to be dead-ending :(