Sign in to follow this  
Arkon2

The Chernarus Run (SP)

thnx downloading rightnow

Hi =KCT=BlackMamba,

Enjoy the mission and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks

Arkon

yesterday i played a bit sneaking trough the fields towards to black mountain,

catched up with the informant.

tried to sneak away and got shot when i tried to hide under a tree realy makes me feel like chris ryan (former SAS dude) but didnt seem to go up in the inviroment well enough.

so ill try again tonight.

so far nice mission, doesnt get bored after 10 minutes....:)

Nice mission mate, haven't got much to say as i've not progressed too far yet. But i really like the approach and the atmosphere you've provided.

I did as suggested and played without the NVGs and it was great fun, even at the start before the action started it kept me in a state of "pre-fear".

I especially enjoyed the couple of minutes running through the forest with flares going off after meeting the informant, was quite intense. i was never sure if i should drop the ground or keep getting the hell out of there.

Having a chopper patrol the area was a nice touch too.

Will keep at it and post any bugs i may find, but so far so good. :) Looking forward to more surprises.

Thanks for the mission, Arkon2.

yesterday i played a bit sneaking trough the fields towards to black mountain,

catched up with the informant.

tried to sneak away and got shot when i tried to hide under a tree realy makes me feel like chris ryan (former SAS dude) but didnt seem to go up in the inviroment well enough.

so ill try again tonight.

so far nice mission, doesnt get bored after 10 minutes....:)

Thanks for the feedback BlackMamba.

Keep us upto date on how you progress please.

Regards

Arkon

Nice mission mate, haven't got much to say as i've not progressed too far yet. But i really like the approach and the atmosphere you've provided.

I did as suggested and played without the NVGs and it was great fun, even at the start before the action started it kept me in a state of "pre-fear".

I especially enjoyed the couple of minutes running through the forest with flares going off after meeting the informant, was quite intense. i was never sure if i should drop the ground or keep getting the hell out of there.

Having a chopper patrol the area was a nice touch too.

Will keep at it and post any bugs i may find, but so far so good. :) Looking forward to more surprises.

Thanks for the mission, Arkon2.

Hi Nokturnal1ne,

Thanks very much for the feedback,

Good to hear you are enjoying the mission - please keep us informed how you get on.

Regards

Arkon2

yes i will do :)

yes when i ran away from the informant i touched ground crawling my way from tree to tree when i saw maybe 12 soldiers looking for my ass i stayed put for a few minutes.

but the helicopter stayed scanning the area with his big bad search light,

think it took me 12/15 minutes to get out of there.

ran my way to a abandoned house, took a bike and started cycling my way out of there.

thats when i got suprised by the enemy at first i tought they didnt see mee, took a left turn into the woods to get out of sight, and got shot in my back

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Hi =KCT=BlackMamba,

Sounds like you had an eventfull time.

them solders are a pretty nasty bunch and they have good communications so once they are on to you they can be hard to shake off. I found that push-bikes are quite good (although somewhat unfashionable) as they are pretty fast even going uphill and they do not make alot of noise. Note that there are loads of kinds of transport at hand.

Thanks for the update - keep it coming.

Arkon

Edited by Arkon2

Couldnt get any further than to this bigger island where I had to talk with a local CDF(?) officer (after getting the info from the lighthouse). I walked around there but nothing happen - maybe only the trigger didnt work?

Couldnt get any further than to this bigger island where I had to talk with a local CDF(?) officer (after getting the info from the lighthouse). I walked around there but nothing happen - maybe only the trigger didnt work?

HI NoRailgunner,

Did you speak to one of the guards nearby the boathouse? They should have given you further instructions.

Please reply

Regards

Arkon

All of them were not able/willing to talk about anything only standing around doing nothing.

Hi NoRailgunner

What Version of the Mission was you using?

Hopefully the latest from 15.03.2010 20:02 (pbo file date).

Yes, that is the most recent one:

Not sure what has happened here as I have not seen this myself and nobody else has reported this problem :(

What I can do if you wish is set the mission up on the island so that you can continue from there. Things will obviously not be the same as when you arrived but it would enable you to continue the game. I have provided a link below. The only other option other than starting again is if you have a saved position before you went to the lighthouse that you could try.

http://www.ukorbit.com/temp/The_Chernarus_Run.zip

I left a PBX nearby for you - go and speak to one of the guys around the boathouse area. If you give it a try please let us know how things go.

Hope this helps.

Arkon

Edited by Arkon2

Thought I'd update on where I'm at.

No bugs so far.

Killed that snooping police officer.

Down to Staroye, can't remember who told me about that, but a nice way to lead the player.

Took bike all the way to Elecrozavodsk, slept with a whore... ummm...

PBX to Lighthouse,

On again to island where I met the commander, really nice touch, being passed from one underling to another until he arrives by chopper! Then his crew all board a boat instead of 'de-spawning'.

Headed to meet with the hunter, and returning to Elecrozavodsk.

I have got as far as trying to break into the medical facility in Elecrozavodsk.

Unfortunately I couldn't get through the wire fence as it seems you've blocked off the holes for sneaking in. My up until now stealthy approach turned into a bloodbath, and I managed to jump in the BMP Ambulance and run away towards Chernogorsk, where I'm about to hook up with the farmer... though I may do that sequence again as stowing away on a chopper sounds fun!

So the only trouble I have at the moment is when nearing the cities, my PC slows down like crazy, and changing my settings makes no difference, I've always had a bit of slowdown, but it's extreme in this mission, I have a feeling it's all the fortifications and pre-placed AI on the map. I fear it could cause problems when I eventually get to the sniping.

Anyways, really good so far, having trouble finding time to continue at the moment. Will keep you apprised of my progress.

E

Thought I'd update on where I'm at.

No bugs so far.

Killed that snooping police officer.

Down to Staroye, can't remember who told me about that, but a nice way to lead the player.

Took bike all the way to Elecrozavodsk, slept with a whore... ummm...

PBX to Lighthouse,

On again to island where I met the commander, really nice touch, being passed from one underling to another until he arrives by chopper! Then his crew all board a boat instead of 'de-spawning'.

Headed to meet with the hunter, and returning to Elecrozavodsk.

I have got as far as trying to break into the medical facility in Elecrozavodsk.

Unfortunately I couldn't get through the wire fence as it seems you've blocked off the holes for sneaking in. My up until now stealthy approach turned into a bloodbath, and I managed to jump in the BMP Ambulance and run away towards Chernogorsk, where I'm about to hook up with the farmer... though I may do that sequence again as stowing away on a chopper sounds fun!

So the only trouble I have at the moment is when nearing the cities, my PC slows down like crazy, and changing my settings makes no difference, I've always had a bit of slowdown, but it's extreme in this mission, I have a feeling it's all the fortifications and pre-placed AI on the map. I fear it could cause problems when I eventually get to the sniping.

Anyways, really good so far, having trouble finding time to continue at the moment. Will keep you apprised of my progress.

E

Hi Electricleash,

Thanks very much for the comprehensive feedback :)

Great, I was wondering when someone was going to plug that traitor Draco. It was the first Resistance contact you met at the Castle Ruins who told you about Staroye. The hole in the fence is right at the rear of the compond in the middle part, there is a whole section missing. Sorry about the slowdown for you, slows down for me too :( what sort of spec is your computer?

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.

Thanks again

Arkon2

Your mission starts off, in total blackness, with sounds.

Then, after waiting for something to happen, my sniper is falling from the sky with NV goggles turned on, lands on the ground and dies. Over and over again.

I am using some addons, but no major AI tweaked ones.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Your mission starts off, in total blackness, with sounds.

Then, after waiting for something to happen, my sniper is falling from the sky with NV goggles turned on, lands on the ground and dies. Over and over again.

I am using some addons, but no major AI tweaked ones.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Hi Kommiekat,

Sorry to hear yor problem :(

I take it that you are NOT using ACE.

I would suggest that you do not use Addons - try it without them.

What Version of The Chernarus Run are you using (.zip version)?

Arkon

Edited by Arkon2

Well I finally finished the mission successfully.

picking up from where I finished in my last post:

Managed to steal aboard the medical chopper, though I think I triggered an alarm without realizing, because I got a message on the approach to Chernogorsk suggesting I para-drop into the city... which I didn't, I jumped out after the pilot landed, and was fired upon.

I survived running into the nearest med tent.

I then made my way through the city, deciding to find the highest point to take my shot.

I climbed the large factory facility that has a good view all over town. I was however spotted going up the ladder, miraculously surviving despite a rain of fire around me.

I crawl to a point where I can juuuuuust see the Commander through the window of the hotel, one shot one kill.

I hide out on the roof for a few minutes to let the AI calm down. then attempt the ladder again.

I must have died about 10 times, and was desperately wishing I had a base-jumping parachute...

I think it comes from having to 'step over' the railing on the factory roof, some bug where the openings aren't aligned properly, obviously not your fault, wish that would get fixed. As soon as I stand up all the AI see me.

Somehow with much patience I get down the ladder. I have to despatch quite a number of alerted AI, then I jump onto a motorbike, jump the barbed wire Great Escape style (well I actually rammed through it, but I imagined it as such) and make a dash for the extraction zone.

All went pretty much smoothly, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I didn't experience, like the ammo dumps, the farmer etc. so could play through again some time.

One thing about the extraction flight, it would be nice to not have control removed from the player and only left looking at the butt of the MH60 as it flies off, I might suggest something a bit more rewarding considering the length of the mission and the patience needed... maybe some sort of outro.

One thing that need sorting really is the city was a veritable slide show, and I believe this is down to your use of the UPS (I've been doing some tests in my own missions and it has a serious effect on processing)

I think you have just too many units using it.

I seem to remember reading that rectangular markers should be used and not ovals... but not sure of that.

This plus the large amount of barbed wire and objects, brings my PC to grind.

You wanted to know my specs:

Gaming laptop

Intel core i7 Q720 1.60Ghz

4GB (2.11usable)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M

Windows 7 Home (32bit)

So it's an above average system, and it normally runs pretty smoothly on high settings, even in the cities.

Well I finally finished the mission successfully.

picking up from where I finished in my last post:

Managed to steal aboard the medical chopper, though I think I triggered an alarm without realizing, because I got a message on the approach to Chernogorsk suggesting I para-drop into the city... which I didn't, I jumped out after the pilot landed, and was fired upon.

I survived running into the nearest med tent.

I then made my way through the city, deciding to find the highest point to take my shot.

I climbed the large factory facility that has a good view all over town. I was however spotted going up the ladder, miraculously surviving despite a rain of fire around me.

I crawl to a point where I can juuuuuust see the Commander through the window of the hotel, one shot one kill.

I hide out on the roof for a few minutes to let the AI calm down. then attempt the ladder again.

I must have died about 10 times, and was desperately wishing I had a base-jumping parachute...

I think it comes from having to 'step over' the railing on the factory roof, some bug where the openings aren't aligned properly, obviously not your fault, wish that would get fixed. As soon as I stand up all the AI see me.

Somehow with much patience I get down the ladder. I have to despatch quite a number of alerted AI, then I jump onto a motorbike, jump the barbed wire Great Escape style (well I actually rammed through it, but I imagined it as such) and make a dash for the extraction zone.

All went pretty much smoothly, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I didn't experience, like the ammo dumps, the farmer etc. so could play through again some time.

One thing about the extraction flight, it would be nice to not have control removed from the player and only left looking at the butt of the MH60 as it flies off, I might suggest something a bit more rewarding considering the length of the mission and the patience needed... maybe some sort of outro.

Hi Electricleash,

One thing that need sorting really is the city was a veritable slide show, and I believe this is down to your use of the UPS (I've been doing some tests in my own missions and it has a serious effect on processing)

I think you have just too many units using it.

I seem to remember reading that rectangular markers should be used and not ovals... but not sure of that.

This plus the large amount of barbed wire and objects, brings my PC to grind.

You wanted to know my specs:

Gaming laptop

Intel core i7 Q720 1.60Ghz

4GB (2.11usable)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M

Windows 7 Home (32bit)

So it's an above average system, and it normally runs pretty smoothly on high settings, even in the cities.

Fantastic feedback, best we have had yet :)

Sounds like you had to pull out all the stops to accomplish the mission. There was a bit of worry that it may be a tad to hard for the player. But seems like you enjoyed the challenge.

Take your point re the outro.

As for the "veritable slide show" Yup, as you pointed out the UPS does a lot of the damage (actually there are only 4 groups and a handful of units using UPS in the City itself, most other non-city groups are deleted when you reach the city) but the city textures sure don't help. I'm not sure re the barbed wire and objects as these are fixed objects so once they are in place they should not take much proccessing power. I guess its a case of getting the balance right between trying to create a "City alive with movement" and it still being playable. Your sys looks reasonable, have you tried overclocking?

There will be V1.2 available next week so I'll try to tweak the city stuff. Yes, it could be worth another go as there is quite alot of different stuff to experience depending on your choices and the final act can be done in many ways. If you give it a go let us know how you get on.

Did you go to the airport near the first contact?

Regards

Arkon

Edited by Arkon2

Hi,

Version 1.2 now available.

See 1st post.

Please post feedback.

Regards

Arkon2

Am I doing this wrong?

After meeting up with the contact @ castle ruins I'm supposed to go to the lighthouse right? Or am i missing something?

I try to go there directly, using a helo from the airbase or otherwise, and I can't climb the ladder (apparently, you never could).

Hi BKnight3,

After meeting up with the contact @ castle ruins I'm supposed to go to the lighthouse right? Or am i missing something? -- No, that is what you are told to do.

and I can't climb the ladder (apparently, you never could) -- Don't know why you cannot climb the ladder. This is the first time I have heard of this although there used to be a bug with ladders in previous versions of ArMA. You could try dropping any weapons you are holding before climbing. I take it that you are NOT using ACE. What do you mean by "apparently you never could"?

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Arkon

Edited by Arkon2

Nice to see the steerable parachute being used