Sign in to follow this  
tobmic

Radio Trigger by Leader

How can a specific unit in this case only the Group Leader activate a radio trigger ?

It wont work when i group the trigger with the unit because then i dont have the Radio activation anymore.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

please help : (

Edited by tobmic

Tried the condition line telling the game that only unit x should get it? Or just syncronise it to to the unit.

Edited by Joshii

that wont work because then i cant set it to Radio Alpha

Yes I am having the same issue. I want members of the group to be able to activate a radio trigger, not just the leader. I tried to add a radio to a unit but it didn't work, and I tried the syncronisation method mentioned above, but then can't activate trigger via radio.

As far as I am aware no one has ever found a way to do that. I could be wrong though. You could always make it an action menu thing though to. That doesn't mean its not possible though and I could be wrong, maybe someone did find a way and I just don't know about it.

That's a shame = (. On the arma wiki it mentions "The trigger will be activated by a radio command available to all players leader of a group or possess a radio", adding a radio to a unit doesn't seem to work despite what the wiki says. I'm guessing the wiki is either wrong, or I am missing something.

That's a shame = (. On the arma wiki it mentions "The trigger will be activated by a radio command available to all players leader of a group or possess a radio", adding a radio to a unit doesn't seem to work despite what the wiki says. I'm guessing the wiki is either wrong, or I am missing something.

Have you tried using setRadioMsg? Its a long shot but maybe it might work. I don't know if I have ever used it before.

Have you tried using setRadioMsg? Its a long shot but maybe it might work. I don't know if I have ever used it before.

I looked into that just after I posted my last message. It looks a little complicated for my level of skill, but I could always give it a go. Thanks.

Edit:

I decided to try your action menu suggestion. I put this in the init line of the player "this addAction ["Call Air support", "airsupport.sqs"];", pretty much want the action to make a trigger activate, and then air support will come in. My question is how can I activate my trigger through my airsupport.sqs script?

Edited by bezzzy

I figured it out! Well in a way. I made my radio trigger, set it to radio alpha, detected by blufor blah blah. Then I added a radio to my player, which was one of four men in a group, using "this addWeapon "itemradio"; in his init. Previewed my mission, didn't see the option in the command menu (0-0-9). I then brought up my map, and saw the black radio there, double clicked on it to bring it closer, and to my delight there was the radio trigger activation (Click on the screen of radio to activate)!

I felt like a fool but was also very happy. So you can't activate it via command menu if your not leader, but through the radio on the map. Hope this helps someone.