Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Seeing as ACE uses @CBA I would assume PR would do so too, which is clearly an accessibility issue, but even if they didn't it's still not your place to judge their design decisions. You have no right to in any way imply they are being hostile to the community in that regard. If you disagree that's fine, but its entirely their decision and your opinion is not constructive.

I'm not going to debate semantics with you, that's of no interest to me or anyone else on these forums. This thread is about PR as it will appear in ArmA 2, not what you or anyone else wants it to be.

Seeing as ACE uses @CBA I would assume PR would do so too, which is clearly an accessibility issue, but even if they didn't it's still not your place to judge their design decisions. You have no right to in any way imply they are being hostile to the community in that regard. If you disagree that's fine, but its entirely their decision and your opinion is not constructive.

I'm not going to debate semantics with you, that's of no interest to me or anyone else on these forums. This thread is about PR as it will appear in ArmA 2, not what you or anyone else wants it to be.

But yet it is your place to tell me it is not my place? Your logic is self-stultifying. If I can not offer any criticisms of PR's decisions, how can you then offer criticisms of my decisions to criticize their decisions. Criticism is not something that is by its very nature harmful. While such things are entirely their decisions, such decisions can be characterized as being a good idea or a bad idea. You also misuse the word judge here and nor did I ever make myself out to be one. You will fail to find any references in any of my posts making myself out to be a judge, at least in the manner you used the word.

I did not ever mean to say they were being hostile to the community. You continue to misrepresent my ideas even after clarification upon clarification, this is getting to be absurd.

On what grounds is my opinion not constructive, can you even attempt an explanation or is it just to be taken as writ.

It only came to semantics because you failed to use them properly. Your erroneous language forced it upon me. You frequently misrepresent what I say and then confuse terms to express this and you declare semantics is not of interest. Is this to be taken seriously?

You entered into a debate you were incredibly incapable of undertaking each turn employing tactics which pushed away from analyzing the merits of my arguments. Your idea of constructive criticism is incessantly reiterating the same points over and over again till you are blue in the face, making straw men of your opponents ideas along the way. Given this standard, I am certainly glad you do not assess my criticisms to be "constructive".

But yet it is your place to tell me it is not my place? Your logic is self-stultifying. If I can not offer any criticisms of PR's decisions, how can you then offer criticisms of my decisions to criticize their decisions. Criticism is not something that is by its very nature harmful. While such things are entirely their decisions, such decisions can be characterized as being a good idea or a bad idea. You also misuse the word judge here and nor did I ever make myself out to be one. You will fail to find any references in any of my posts making myself out to be a judge, at least in the manner you used the word.

I did not ever mean to say they were being hostile to the community. You continue to misrepresent my ideas even after clarification upon clarification, this is getting to be absurd.

On what grounds is my opinion not constructive, can you even attempt an explanation or is it just to be taken as writ.

It only came to semantics because you failed to use them properly. Your erroneous language forced it upon me. You frequently misrepresent what I say and then confuse terms to express this and you declare semantics is not of interest. Is this to be taken seriously?

You entered into a debate you were incredibly incapable of undertaking each turn employing tactics which pushed away from analyzing the merits of my arguments. Your idea of constructive criticism is incessantly reiterating the same points over and over again till you are blue in the face, making straw men of your opponents ideas along the way. Given this standard, I am certainly glad you do not assess my criticisms to be "constructive".

regress argument over an arcade mod

No new news eh?

With all the paranoia in here about mods compatibility and PRM I wouldn't blame the team if they simply said " who needs all this sh**" and simply moved on , depriving us of a golden opportunity.

The vast majority in here have absolutely NO idea what they are babbling about but how could they..the PR developers are keeping most of it under wraps right now.

I am tired of all this BS and think I'll keep an eye on the PR site for developing news as this thread has become nothing more than an mass of postings of meaningless , hypothetical speculative babble and should be locked.(better yet ..deleted)

No new news eh?

With all the paranoia in here about mods compatibility and PRM I wouldn't blame the team if they simply said " who needs all this sh**" and simply moved on , depriving us of a golden opportunity.

The vast majority in here have absolutely NO idea what they are babbling about but how could they..the PR developers are keeping most of it under wraps right now.

I am tired of all this BS and think I'll keep an eye on the PR site for developing news as this thread has become nothing more than an mass of postings of meaningless , hypothetical speculative babble and should be locked.(better yet ..deleted)

Hear Hear!

Send a donkey to study at Oxford and he'll come out a smart a$$.

This once promising thread has gone right down the drain...shame:(

I have informed my Team not to post in this thread as it is deteriorating rapidly, and to be honest its pretty pointless anyway at the moment.

Cheers

UKF

For fraks sake people start a thread in another part of the forums if you want to bicker and debate this shit. As a longtime BF2 PR player before I converted to ArmA 1 years ago i must say that this thread is a disgrace. Even the noobtubing, spawn camping, main raping, bunny hopping vanilla BF2 players act better than you. What the hell has come over you?! Your acting like smacktards for fraks sake!

For the sake of this mod, SNAP THE HELL OUT OF IT!

@UK_Force: Don't give up on this community just yet. There are still (Or atleast there should be) alot of mature people here. Don't make them pay just because every smacktard in the community decided to show their faces in this one thread.

regress argument over an arcade mod

Arcade?

"A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game (for PC or console), requiring hand-eye coordination skill to play. Pinball games for the PC would be considered an arcade game."

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/arcade_game.html

I guess you've got your own definition, like "anything that's not ArmA or ACE is arcade."

Besides the ridiculousness of judging a mod that hasn't even been released yet....

if anybody has that elitist mindest its the PR team, ignoring the entire modding/scripting community, and their time invested in the game. its pretty much a form of plagiarism

An accusation that the PR team are elitist plagiarists that ignore the entire modding community...

the way it looks, its going to divide the community- but no complaints, would be AWESOME if people who played bf2/mw2/arcade shooters were occupied with their own mod.

A 'subtle' condescension of everyone who plays anything other than ArmA or it's current mods...

just for the clueless, by default vanilla arma 2 walks circles around bf2PR

A statement dismissing PR as inferior to vanilla ArmA2 "by default" for "the clueless."

:icon_eek:

Christ, I did the big thing and didn't respond to the numerous misrepresentations of my position you have made for the sake of this thread being of some use. But no, obviously your opinions are just that important.

Your opinion is not constructive because the PR team have made their decision and are developing the mod without using any external additions. Your opinions change nothing.

Is that clear enough for you?

even though the BI forums doesnt support PR:Arma 2 the PR forums are raving over it with no drama. Shows how the "Arcade" ppl are more mature about stuff than any of yall.

But can we stop posting on this thread now cuz they dont. I am taking my positive feedback and discussions to their site. Goodluck getting to 1000+ post of immature Arma 2 players,clans,and ACE 2 players bickering.

Hboy OUT

diddnt these modders say they would not work on arma 2's engine? hypocrites haha

Did they?

Most of the core developers in the PR:ArmA2 team were already modding on the engine, as has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I would like to welcome you on board.

I think it is great news for the ArmA 2 community that a team capable of producing a content with very high quality has joined it, as the quality is what matters most in the end and Project Reality is renown for great quality.

As for the fear your mod may be a little bit different, I think a little more versatility will do the community good anyway. The world is big and there is lot of place for many different kinds of games or mods.

Regarding the people telling you vocally what you should and should not do, well, you can do the same that has proven extremely healthy to us during development:

Dogs bark but the caravan goes on.

... but being experienced as you are, I guess you probably already know this.

One more time: Welcome on board.

I skimmed trhough the last pages. It seems more appropriate if people take it to PM..

I had a honest question but as it seems now I will not get the answer (until they release some more info or the mod as they do plan, I sincerily hope).

I am also welcoming this mod that will boost the PvP.That is needed!

even though the BI forums doesnt support PR:Arma 2 the PR forums are raving over it with no drama. Shows how the "Arcade" ppl are more mature about stuff than any of yall.

Hboy OUT

Probably because that's the forums solely for the PR mod, while the BI forums are a community forum for all ArmA2 discussion. So cant compare.

Also to the individual who posted about the 3rd MD earlier, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Not knowing anything about our unit doesn't indicate any degree for a statement containing any fact. I wouldn't listen toa bum on the street for forensics advice, or a cashier at walmart for business advice.

My thoughts?

Embrace and welcome new ArmA-players. Regardless of what mod they're interested in, respect their ideas, opinions, feelings.

Wait and see what PR:A2 has to offer. We'll know soon enough. And who knows, maybe people that buy ArmA2 for a new mod, will *also* be interested in other mods.

If I look at myself, I've been playing PR for years now. I bought BF2 ages ago, but only really started playing when I discovered PR. And because I got (re)interested in BF2 because of this, I started playing other mods for a while too. I don't like them as much as I like PR, but I play them occasionally. The exact same situations are in ArmA. Play whatever mod you feel comfortable with.

And respect another man's decisions. You can advise, strongly advise even, disagree with someone, but please shake the dust of your feet when one wants to do it different, accept and respect that, even though you don't agree with it.

Really looking forward to this mod, people should stop trolling this thread if they nothing to add.

PR will develop the mod there way, CBA or not, it's there choice.

The way some parts of the community have acted in this thread is very bad to say the least.

Honestly if you have nothing to add simply don't type the shite in the first place, I come here for information not half arsed ideas.

Let PR produce the mod as they see fit on release we can give feedback.

Afterdune is absolutely right, there are too many prejudgements everywhere in the world and ultimately nobody will force you to play this mod if you don't like it.

Seriously I thought our community wouldn't need to childlishly bash the BF2 audience just because some of you think these players are inferior to you...

As several people have stated, there have been mods that are mostly thought to be played on their own, like FDF, CSLA or 31st and none of those have hurt the community - I do agree however that compatibility with/inclusion of CBA would be wise, but thats entirely their decision as they create the mod for free and can do whatever they friggin want.

New players are usually a good thing and having played both PR, BF2 and the BI series of games I can say that ultimately everybody can play what he/she enjoys and the others should leave it at that - in the end we are all just gamers who want to have a good time.

P.S. Good to see you in here Afterdune, hope we get to play some L4D again at same point;)

Too much damn spam in here. Not sure how i missed this.

Dig it.

# [R-DEV]UK_Force - Operations Lead

# StalkerGB

# Deanosbeano

# Dr_Eyeball

# trini_scourge

# norrin

# Mandoble

# fromz

# Cougar

# Palehorse1

I don't know about you ladies but every name on that list is just about an instant download because you know their stuff is gonna be quality. Now you have all of them working on one mod and people take out their crying tissues...beyond me.

May I just say... Holy Shit. That list is amazing...

Kinda surprised to see Palehorse1 on there. But then again I shouldn't be, seeing as he's the guy who turned me on to JCove. Sent me a torrent that was pretty damn fast at that. I'm looking forward to this even more now.

*P.S.* I think everybody is crying because they are thinking that those folks are only going to work on PR now and abandon all of their other projects. That's the only sane reason for all this bickering and "smacktardery".

As a long time Pr & Arma player i find many of the posts in this thread as comical. There have also been many mature and positive posts. Any team who have the resources & experience that the PR team have should be welcomed with open arms. Why a new mod trying a different approach should be seen with such suspicion is beyond me. At least its given me a chuckle!

lmao why so much bitching arround? they do there work for you and this for free! as other Modders , Scripters , Mission Makers. Thats totaly wrong what some ppl here are writting down. Take a Breath and calme down guys. I can say i am playing OFP since Release and i was a kid on this. I started to Play Project Reality (0.5) because i couldnt handle those CSS Kids on the Webz. Im Playing ACE 2 with my ArmA2 Unit and its still great! All over be happy there are ppl that put much Hours of time into creating something for everybody. Like it or Not. Just Get over it and stop bitching arround. Thank you.

edit: and i believe in PR.ArmA2 and UK_Force because i know what they did to BF2 they made a Tactical Game out of it and not a Bunny Hopper i am ze BEST PLAYAAAA or shit they did the right thing. Implented Teamwork.

Best Regards

DeadSmile

Edited by DeadSmile187

I have no idea what the hell is going on in this thread, but PR certainly can put out quality trailers :)

Well... Ondrej has spoken so there is no need for further discussion either about what PR should / should not do or whether this thread is mature or not.

It is an addon/mod and will happen whether you like it or not and there are some people trying to follow this thread to see meaningful discussions about the mod itself over the leaked info instead of useless comments about other posters or the thread.

Some self-censorship please.