Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Any news wheter this would become available trough six updater? That would allow very easy updating. I would prefer every mod to be downloadable from there, that way I could just launch up console and let it handle everything :D

I'm game for that, so long as they also provide a direct download mirror. :p

Who are you?

Can't wait to see this PR mod, though I am disappointed about the no compatibility with CBA... there goes mission compatibility, standardized functions and XEH... :mad:

But then again, if your a closed off game mode and mod all unto itself, then so be it; all is well.

O who am I..dunno what you mean by that but if you mean my relation with ACE...ask them they know or whatever story they may cook upcrying.gif

Bring it to ArmA II? It's already there, it has been since OFP.

On public servers?

Anyway,

Just wanted to know if there are any people who wouldnt mind helping out with the tech side of things on the PR forums for ARMA2, by this I meanhelping people with install problems and general troubleshooting questions.

If anyone is interested in helping out PM me.

Thanks

On public servers?

And thats a game related problem....?

Whatever the cause (I think there are several factors) PR is re-known for great teamwork on public servers where ArmA is not. I think we should trust to whatever course they set for their mod (we have no choice anyway) rather than suggesting they need to do things the way they've always been done in ArmA because that hasn't worked for public servers at all.

The way a game mode is constructed can certainly help or hinder co-operation and teamwork.

Oh I hope he had some rifle armed team mates covering him.

It is not such a bad thing that ACE2 and PR will not be part of eachother, we have one that improves realism and one that provides a more player versus player while bound by certain rules, hopefully the same that governed BF2's PR.

Is it such a bad thing to have two mods for two different purposes?

In fact if PR uses those rules it won't be as far from realism as many of you are probably thinking.

Edited by NodUnit

Yeah that sounds about right.

Damn straight. Still, i'm looking forward to a new game mode.

I just hope these new vehicles end up being used alongside the vast community made content at some stage.

Ok i have limited knowledge of what PR is but learning fast, i dont play multiplayer for a number of reasons :( so guessing theres not to much joy here for single players other than maybe some awesome models and a new map to play in, i take it there will be no AI enhancements

Call me crazy. But did the island in the video resemble Afghan Village from ArmA1? Especially near the end. Or am I just going crazy.

I would love to hear more information on the terrain, looks great and yes it reminds me of those great Arma 1 maps.

Keep up the great work Project Reality Team!

Call me crazy. But did the island in the video resemble Afghan Village from ArmA1? Especially near the end. Or am I just going crazy.

The distant hills didn't but the low walls did. Maybe deanosbeano's just copied the style.

Don't think Opteryx wanted his work used for a while...

I'm quite exited about PR coming to Arma 2. It may tempt me into playing Arma 2 on-line for the first time. The prevalence of Warfare, evo and domination has really put me off so far. I'm mainly interested in playing as part of a fire team using real world tactics and teamwork.

Edited by stun

so guessing theres not to much joy here for single players

Correct. The main focus of PR is player versus player multiplayer, with a strong focus on teamwork, cooperation, and realism.

There may be some singleplayer stuff, but its not a priority.

I'm quite exited about PR coming to Arma 2. It may tempt me into playing Arma 2 on-line for the first time. The prevalence of Warfare, evo and domination has really put me off so far. I'm mainly interested in playing as part of a fire team using real world tactics and teamwork.

That works well in coop as well mate. Just your not forced to do it only in named missions. ;)

And yes im looking forward to PvP as well even though it hasnt been my preference yet. Has been hard enough to get good coop's organized (without team) so get twice as many with the same mind set...

Hey are we going to get that blurry suppression thing in the arma version as well? That is one of my all-time fave PR features.

As for SP and coop stuff, there are no rules against making those kinds of mission yourself, as you see fit ;D

Hey are we going to get that blurry suppression thing in the arma version as well? That is one of my all-time fave PR features.

Supression is already modelled in Arma 2 though.

I'm pretty sure the DEM / Height data was from my old ofp Afghanistan map released as a "naked" version. Deano has been developing and working on it as a testbed as far as i know, since we last spoke. (could be wrong)

Very excited its in project reality now :) Epically his destructible buildings. :yay:

I'm a coop player myself, so PR doesn't appeal to me as much as it does to the rest of you. I don't know much about PR other than they have for BF2 created a game mode that basically enforces teamplay, with some realism modding and content (to make the game mode work) added in.

If PR goes standalone without trying to be compatible with other addons, such as ACE, how long will it take before it is released? Are you willing to play with no ballistics, super destructive rockets, no backblast, 6 slot M136 rounds, bad scopes and all those other ACE features we love? 77 features in ACE alone, not counting content from ACEX. Why reinvent the wheel when it's already there available to use? I'm sure additional content and realism features will be added along the way if going standalone, but it's going to take quite a while. Too long, I fear.

But, I could be wrong naturally. Seems Arma2 could use a good PvP game mode, but I don't see anything wrong with using that as a base to create a good coop game mode as well. Following the same "enforce teamplay" philosophy, which I'm a big fan of.

Best of luck anyway :) Looking forward to it, standalone or not.

You don't know PR

Amazingly informative of you, please feel free to enlighten me.

Amazingly informative of you, please feel free to enlighten me.

Basically pete, the system that PR uses is alot more... severe? than the one that ArmA 2 uses. ALOT more. Or atleast it was when I played before my BF2 crapped out.

You don't know PR

Though I haven't played PR I've seen videos with that suppression effect, and in my opinion it's overkill, or at least would be for ArmA. It's not actually impossible to shoot back when being shot at in real life (which the full-screen blur seems to mean), it just needs to be made harder. It's already harder in ArmA due to increased weapon sway, but I wouldn't be averse to a bit of blur around the edges as bullets fly past to make it harder to focus. But ideally the game should mimic what makes suppression powerful in real life - fear of getting your head knocked off and the subsequent difficulty of focusing - rather than something fictional like the inability to see. I feel ArmA 2's engine has enough integrity as an infantry simulator (unlike BF2 which obviously started out as a far more casual game) to make more realistic solutions feasible; I just think it's good game design to not force the player to do something (find cover, which having a completely blurred screen does) but rather strongly encourage it through subtler means.

Edited by Lhowon