Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

Coming from the background of comeone that has played PR for years and OfP, ArmA and ArmA2 this should be a good thing.

Same thing for me, I'm really looking forward how the teamwork aspect will be improved as there is a much better audience for this kind of gameplay with the ofp/arma scene.;)

Anyway great news indeed, can't wait to play around with a complete british pack:D

I'm old player on PR (v0.4 - v0.9), insurgency game mode are include on first ArmA II release or just AAS game mode include ?Thors Brigade Forever. ;)

Indeed TB was awesome, 0.5 Albasrah 24/7 always full and the other server with Ante, Tobak and the rest of the great TB crew and all the other regular great players from IGI, T&T etc - I miss the time when you could just come online in pr and have a great teamwork evening :D

Edited by .Phoenix.

I noticed you're marketing this as a gameplay mod rather than just a set of addons - I hope the config values will remain compatible with other addons.

If changing the configs beyond recognition is what is needed to achieve the desired gameplay, I am all for that - even if it makes the mod incompatible with other arma mods. It is far more important that they make this into a mod that you can play with complete strangers and still have fun, than that they make it so you can modify it for your own uses (which is actually bad, since everyone else would have to do the same then, and then we are back to closed up servers).

But I really don't think it will come down to that - I believe Stalker already stated that the current build works with ACE2, for instance. The biggest change I noticed between PR and Arma - configwise - was that PR guns have a lot more dispersion than your average Arma bangstick.

But all in all I think they should go all out in getting what they want out of the mod, and to hell with other addons!

Yo Phoenix.

Yeah the old community in older version of PR are the best. V 0.5 stays wonderful release.

I have to spend the full nights to played on TB and IGI server, i love the german PR community.

That of good teamwork with Divs-schroti, horror and co.

Com on PR !! :bounce3:

They have to release the Mod early, cause OA will be out soon too

I mean they should've picked something else other than Afghanistan and the Taliban

since BIS is already working on that, but am not sure if the PR team knew about it before!

This seems to shape up rather well.

By the way, just out of curiousity, what tool did you use to carry out that video?

Regards,

TB

Editing was done in Premiere, color grading and effects were done in After Effects.

As an ACE user I cant see myself going back to the vanilla Arma II, however I'm glad this wont be compatible with ACE.

I much prefer how this looks compared to ACE & would prefer it to be a stand alone mod. In my opinion this looks set to be the best mod so far! Excellent work guys I cant wait to see how it turns out!

Damn trini, I wish I had the video editing skills that you do. Incredible job on that trailer dude! :D

Any info on Red Dawn: Endgame that you can give us, by chance? =P

Nice to see a team with that reputation made their way to ArmA. I think BIS can light up a candle as i'm sure the name will attract some new customers.

I wish them all the best and i don't see a problem with two 'realisme' mods (PR vs ACE), compatible or not. Who knows, maybe in the future there will be interaction between the two (you never now he).

BF2 PR beats any arma 2 multiplayer hands down, every time, probably because of the more structured teams and the rules of the game with the classes and such. And the fact that your not fighting AI.

Insurgency mode is well good.

Do not center PR only on realism guys, which makes its great power its this mixture with these 2 game mod AAS and Insurgency.

For me they are especially these 2 game module which make its first power.

BF2 PR beats any arma 2 multiplayer hands down, every time

Only if you mean public, there's a lot of great arma 2 games going on in closed servers. And its not hard to get into one either, just check out all the offers around.

And pvp is possible in Arma 2 too, its just slightly less popular than coop.

Edited by sparks50

This is great indeed.

As a long time PR player recently moved to arma, I couldn't be happier.

The level of teamplay in PR is unmatched.

Looking forward to this.

Nice to see a team with that reputation made their way to ArmA. I think BIS can light up a candle as i'm sure the name will attract some new customers.

I wish them all the best and i don't see a problem with two 'realisme' mods (PR vs ACE), compatible or not. Who knows, maybe in the future there will be interaction between the two (you never now he).

Exactlly. Well said.

And im hoping for ACE and PR in Operation Arrowhead as well. :)

Exactlly. Well said.

And im hoping for ACE and PR in Operation Arrowhead as well. :)

ACE no...PR for sure

a long time ago i asked a few PR devs if they would be interested in working with the IMW team. I think they were working on the Battlefield 2 mod really hard and were not ready to set foot into arma modding world yet. I have to say this is good new for the Arma community!!!. I think it will bring in new and fresh faces that have not had the Arma experience of using real life tactics and team work in an environment like Arma. The PR team did an amazing job with the game play they brought to the Battlefield 2 world. The second thing is they have so much content already made it should be kinda easy to build an amazing Mega mod like what PR is in Battlefield 2. So ill end my first post in a long time with.... I really can't wait to see what the PR team is going to cook up for us.. But i know it will be amazing. and with Ace-2... Do i need to say anything more?

Editing was done in Premiere, color grading and effects were done in After Effects.

Thanks.

Guys I would just like to make it clear here - there is no "rivalry" involved at all with anyone !!

PR respects the work that ACE 2 do within the ArmA world, however our goal is totally different so really can not be compared.

Our goal is to create a Mod for ArmA2 which is based around PvP (not coop) on well administered "Public" servers, for the players who want to be involved in realistic teamwork, and gameplay - we are currently working on an Insurgency Mode too as we speak.

We will not be using ACE 2 or CBA, everything we do we will be doing in house as a team, for us this is what will work best for us.

Yes it will take a bit of time, however we can then work at our speed, and are not dictated by other Mod Teams, to redevelop so that we remain compatible with them.

This I know is not to everyone's liking, and that's fine, as we want to attract players who want to play our Mod, in the way we have set out to create it, we are not simply putting out a Modification - to see how many players we can get playing, if our Mod is good it will come naturally.

We have a "large" talented team at Project Reality, and think we are up to it. We are fully aware it will take time to get it right, and are happy with our decision.

Thank You - I hope that clears some questions up.

UKF

Are you not including the Jackal (2) in this mod? Kinda a key vehicle in afghan now, a lot more useful than the land rovers with the IED threats

land_mwmik_jackal_afghanistan_lg.jpg

Having spent some time on one of those out there - I can guarantee it will be in there ... in time though - our first goal is gameplay.

We will not be using ACE 2 or CBA, everything we do we will be doing in house as a team, for us this is what will work best for us.

Yes it will take a bit of time, however we can then work at our speed, and are not dictated by other Mod Teams, to redevelop so that we remain compatible with them.

Isn't CBA is kind of the standard in which to make addons compatible to each other?

I gather what he's saying is that being stackable with other mods isn't a PR goal. Personally I commend that, required mods (varying from game to game) are the bane of the public servers I expect PR is out to populate.

As an old PRM player that turned to ArmA2 , I really look forward to seeing the PRM team delve into ArmA2.

Have to agree that it shouldn't necessarily accommodate other mods as that throws in a great deal of complexity,not only for the team but us players as well.

Hopefully you'll also be able to utilize the phenomenal AI (though they do have some faults) to offer us a great SP as well as online experience.

Good to see you guys here....

Edited by BeerHunter