Sign in to follow this  
monsterZERO

Good lord, why?

Why, oh why, oh why does ArmA 2 crash to desktop when I have either my logitech Momo steering wheel, or my logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick plugged in? I cannot even BEGIN to describe what a ridiculous pain it is to start ArmA 2, have it CTD, try for like 10-20 minutes to troubleshoot the problem, then finally realize that I need to unplug either of these peripherals that, mind you, NO OTHER GAME that I own has even the SLIGHTEST issue with? I love ArmA 2 to death but, man, this gets me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated that sometimes i'd rather leave my joystick and wheel plugged in and play something else...

BTW, Win 7 64 Ultimate, Intel Core i5, ATI 5850....

Just venting...

same config. as you.

logitech force3d pro

no stearing wheel

no problems here.

i have the newest gaming profiler installed from logitech.

there is one no for w7 64

Using the 3d pro myself with no problems. Try updating the drivers and update directx 9 (even if you're using vista/7), could be a conflict with the dx API.

Good lord why people can't use at least a little bit of common sense and make descriptive thread titles? Sad enough we must make forum rules for things that should be normal.

And the troubleshooting forum is exactly for that, and not for venting your anger. If you have no interest in troubleshooting the problem, this thread gets closed. :mad:

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Sorry man, just really frustrated, you know how that goes. Didn't mean to take it out on your forum... Thanks for the help though guys

I have Momo racing wheel and I actually used it once or twice in ArmA2. I never got CTD. Worked really well. Further more, ArmA2 has a lot of options regarding deadzone. I wish some of racing games like NFS had them too. Porsche 2000 had it but then they started making this pimp my ride games and it all went away.

Anyway, it works good here.

I remember a long time back that someone wasn't able to start Arma 2 with their 360 controller plugged in (it would load to the last 2 checks then go back to desktop)

Can't remember if they ever found a full fix for it though, or just unplugged when they played.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, then after crashing to desktop again on the first launch i realized it was actually magic jack causing the problem:o When I remove it ArmA 2 starts up fine and plays beautifully. Kind of a pain in the butt having to remove it whenever I want to play, but it's a small price to pay in the long run...