Sign in to follow this  
Gorque

What version

Hello all:

My first post here.

I purchased the game through Steam a while ago and after spending some time on SP and in the Armory decided to give MP a try however all the servers appear to be unavailable to me.

Two questions: How do I find out what version of ARMA2 I currently have and doesn't Steam automatically update ARMA2?

Thanks in advance for replies. :)

Hi and welcome Gorque,

I also purchased Arma II trough Steam. Steam only update Arma II to version 1.04. Two days before xmas Bis updated Arma II to version 1.05 with a update patch http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:_Patch_v1.05

This patch will update your Steam version also. Don't run Steam verify game cache/content utility afterwards ;)

With 1.05 you don't need to have Steam running to play the game.

Thanks for the welcome and real quick reply! It's much appreciated. :)

You can see what version your on in the main menu. Bottom right is the version number. You can also have a beta version at the same time as you have the official version. They dont impose on eachother. When installing the latest beta you will get a separate launch icon. This way you can test all the latest versions of ARMA2 without messing with the latest official version. :) Good stuff.

*Betas are usually released pretty often and they have many improvements over the official version. You can connect with the beta version to servers running the official version. Usually i think most people play with the latest beta thanks to their improvements.

Latest beta patches (top in green) are here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

And welcome!