Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

[SP] Swordfish Trilogy

goons21

In the briefing screen, click on "Units" then in the list of team members select the one you want to change its gear and click on "gear". You then can select from the list of available weapons

galzohar

Interesting. I browse the editing forums every day and never seen something about this. Will search for it though as it surely come handy.

I uploaded a new version (but still same version number) in which I moved the landingzone in Mission #3 further to the south with open space. Maybe the pilots like this one more.

Also changed time in Mission #3 so it's dark at mission start as in the original.

Just download v1.01 from the first post again.

I had couple of problems in missions 2 & 3

in the 2nd mission, in the radio theres options for gunsips & LAV's etc

The gunsips never arrived and no LAV either, only on chopper with marines came(and they were buthcered by the enemy apc). I tried this few times, allways the same (i had bombed the AA with artillery) Also if i used artillery, the "gunsips"-option disappeared from the radio. (should the gunships be helicopters?)

In the 3rd mission, i blow up the helicopter wreck, but when i arrived to the exfiltration point, message appeared that i hadn't blow up the chopper ?

Dont know if i just did something wrong? Great missions nonetheless.

Also thanks for not using many addons. Hope to see more mission like this

None of the problems are your fault.

The problem with the gunship radiocall disappearing is caused by the artillery script in which Radio Alpha is disabled while the guns are "reloading". But in the mission artillery is called by Radio Delta.

The gunships probably crashed somewhere on the way from the carrier to the airfield and so probably did the MV-22s. Or they have a problem taking off from that spawned carrier. Might place them on land and use empty vehicles on the carrier.

I changed the flying altitude to > 150 meters now, this should be high enough for them not to crash on trees.

The problem with APCs shooting the helos down is a problem which did not exist in OFP, back then they never used guns against air targets - simply because they had none. So you might need to deal with these as well before calling the Marines, or I just dramatically reduce the amount of BMPs and Vodniks or I move the insertion zone outside the airport.

The problem in mission #3 is a classical problem of me: I changed the name for the downed helicopter but forgot to change also the name in the trigger... :rolleyes:

I try to think about a solution for the airfield assault and upload new versions asap. Thanks for that report which clearly shows I failed :)

Thanks for that report which clearly shows I failed :)

FAIL!!!!!!! Just kidding.....we enoyed yoru missions and thanks for making stuff for us to play! :)

It's usually safer to just spawn the stuff in the air rather than have them take off from somewhere and crash/not take off ;)

I uploaded v1.02 v1.03 in which the mess I caused is fixed. Link is in the first post. A detailed changelog is included.

Swordfish II

Insertion of the Marines is still on the runway but with the attack helicopters now moving (hopefully) they should take care of the APCs.

Marines parajump into the area now, they also jump out if damage of their transport is > 0.25.

All helicopters should move now without crashing and if they are not shot down on the way they should arrive at the airport. If insertion is still a mess then I move the insertion zone to the south outside the airport.

In 1.03 I also fixed the problem which caused that the MV-22 with the underslung LAVs never arrive at the airport. I feel ashamed to say that but... uh I once again screwed up the names and instead of the LAV transport, the two Ospreys with the Marines aboard started. :o

Swordfish III

Fixed the problem with the name of the downed helicopter. Now mission should end when wreck has been destroyed. :o

Also moved the insertion point to the south with more open space. Hopefully the AI retards like this place more.

Edited by W0lle

:) Now the gunships and LAV came, but the marines did not disembark or jump from the helo... maybe they decided that the LZ was too hot and flew by :)

Anyway, i managed to steal one of the enemy apc's (one by the tent at the airport) and killed all enemies and completed the mission :)

So you found one of the little aids I left in there. :p

I tried it last night three times and all of the Seahawks/Ospreys came and unloaded their packages over the airfield (with their transport set to captive). However I removed that after debugging so it's possible they are shot at on the way to the airport and decided to abort. That happens. :D

Might be better to keep them set to captive until they start to unload the troops. Well ok one more test run then.

We finally found the crashed helo! We enjoyed the 3 missions in the Trilogy!

We ran into 3 issues:

1. AI doesn't like walking up alot of the mountains and they routinely get stuck or just stop moving. I figure this is an ArmA 2 engine issue.

2. Instead of the SL leaving a charge, I shot it with an RPG to destroy the chopper, which made me a bad guy and my AI team killed me. :(

3. We flew away in the exfil chopper and it flew for a bit, stopped to a hover and the mission didn't end. I don't know if that was intentional or not. :)

Fun missions though!

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)

We finally found the crashed helo! We enjoyed the 3 missions in the Trilogy!

We ran into 3 issues:

1. AI doesn't like walking up alot of the mountains and they routinely get stuck or just stop moving. I figure this is an ArmA 2 engine issue.

2. Instead of the SL leaving a charge, I shot it with an RPG to destroy the chopper, which made me a bad guy and my AI team killed me. :(

3. We flew away in the exfil chopper and it flew for a bit, stopped to a hover and the mission didn't end. I don't know if that was intentional or not. :)

Fun missions though!

1) Yes, the more steep the terrain is the more uncooperative the AI is. :)

2) That's why I made the charge placing as actionmenu entry, otherwise your comrades hate you for destroying the bird.

3) While for the other 2 points you could blame BI, this point I screwed up (once again then).

I take a look into it and the Marines insertion in mission #2 and make one more update. Thanks alot for repeatedly playing them and reporting the issues. :)

That's why I made the charge placing as actionmenu entry, otherwise your comrades hate you for destroying the bird.

No worries...we just didn't figure that out until too late. I don't remember seeing it in maybe the briefing or something but that might help. :)

Thanks for the missions!

Link to v1.04 added, hopefully the last version for now. :)

Also added an hint for mission #3 to the first post.

Do you recommend using one of the AI mods floating around?

I tried GL4 with Swordfish II and keep getting my ass decimated by Amphibians.

Any thoughts with GL4 or zcommon or any others out there or is it best to play your missions vanilla style?

Thanks for the hard work!

Well it depends on how much nightmare you want. GL4 definitely makes things a lot much more worse. :D

For the new and smarter AI there are already too much units on the maps, they are more or less exact the same as in the original missions 7 years ago.

Hi Wolle

I tried these last night but found a bit of a problem with the insertion on swordfish 1, the chopper lands on the mountain top, I tell the team to disembark but on each attempt one of the team wouldnt exit the chopper, never the same one each time! I tried switching to that team member to manually get him out, but then the game got stuck with the screen flashing black & I had to ctrl-alt-del to exit, im using ACE though & it was over a week ago when I downloaded these missions so it could be either ACE or im on an older version that you've since fixed, any ideas? :)

Download the package from the first post again, I changed the insertion (unload script) a while back in v1.01.

Doubt that it's ACE though I never tried the missions with it. More likely you still have the old v1.0 version. If you still have the problem let me know and I look into it once more.

I'll give that a go later cheers Wolle :) Im keen to play any Everon missions in Arma 2, its been woefully under used so im glad I've a few to go at now!

*edit - I downloaded 1.4 but am still having trouble getting certain team members to exit the chopper when we reach the drop off points, any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by trickster1982

The link in the first post dead :( Can you reupload it?

thx

:o

Sorry about that, link is fixed now.

*edit - I downloaded 1.4 but am still having trouble getting certain team members to exit the chopper when we reach the drop off points, any ideas?

Thanks

my experience has ALWAYS been only 4 AI survive the landing.

Either all the others never get off the chopper and fly away,

OR they just drop dead right there at the LZ.

I had simply 'assumed' that the mission was just coded to allow a

limited number of AI help.

and YES, i do have the latest version

In any case, i've always accomplished the mission With extensive use of

the Artillery. I Love the mission.

Hi W0lle,

I'm on mission 3 and was inserted East of the crash site.

I have to make my way to Mt. Julian but I cannot find it on the map. There is no Mt.Julian.

Pls help...........Thanks man for some great game playing!

Hi W0lle,

I'm on mission 3 and was inserted East of the crash site.

I have to make my way to Mt. Julian but I cannot find it on the map. There is no Mt.Julian.

Pls help...........Thanks man for some great game playing!

:confused:

I could swear I added a marker for it because the Mountain does not exist on the map...

Fixed in the next version, for the time being use below map snippet for orientation:

mapor.th.jpg

Sorry for that. :cool:

:confused:

I could swear I added a marker for it because the Mountain does not exist on the map...

Fixed in the next version, for the time being use below map snippet for orientation:

mapor.th.jpg

Sorry for that. :cool:

Hey man, thanks for that! Cool missions! Wish you could combine them with a campaign with a few more added! (no pressure from me, bro)

I've got to avoid those damn APC's!!

EDIT:

OK, I found it.

One last question: How long should one wait at extraction? I called it in and I"m waiting and waiting. Should I go out and grab a beer and come back?

Again thanks. Lots of surprises in this mission. I died quite a few times but that's cool. I've got god powers! It's called "save and revert".

Edited by Kommiekat