Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Hi,

ive got one question about tank FCS. What is commander's lasing target for? Just for finding the distance? Or is there any possibility to transmit settings to gunner, even if is he controlled by player? I didn't notice any changes, when i lased target in commander's seat.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know why ejected shells (on the ground) show up on my 3 year old laptop and not on my new PC? The settings are exactly the same as are the mods, but no matter what I try they just don't work on my pc.

Just go to "Userconfig" folder inside your arma where's it's instaled.

Inside will be a file called "ace_clientside_config.hpp" right click over it and hit "edit".

Now search for //#define ACE_CARTRIDGES and remove boths //

Save it and close the file. Now when you fire, the spent cartridges will be on ground :D.

Hi,

ive got one question about tank FCS. What is commander's lasing target for? Just for finding the distance? Or is there any possibility to transmit settings to gunner, even if is he controlled by player? I didn't notice any changes, when i lased target in commander's seat.

Thanks in advance.

Vehicle commander rangefinder

* Commander can lase for distance in much the same way the gunner does. .... (Note: This will not adjust commander's machinegun. It's just a rangefinder.)

(source: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Tank_Fire_Control_System )

Anyone else still having problems with the tossables like M34 , M84 , M7A3 ,chemsticks and the rest? Normal grenades work just fine. And oddly enough stones work to, although they make a BOOM when they hit.

I have my name in the user config where it says to place it, so glasses and earplugs work great.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the old version of the australian weapons mod? That used to mess up the ACE grenades. There is an updated version out now where this is fixed.

Are you using the old version of the australian weapons mod? That used to mess up the ACE grenades. There is an updated version out now where this is fixed.

Thank you for the reply. I knew I didn't have any weapon mods in my base addons folder but I did have VOPS and 3 of the most popular multi play maps, once removed the tossables worked. Thanks again!

what is the ace v1.0's @CBA version. i uptated via six uptader to 316 and i had cba 84 but armaholic has cba 83 ?

Vehicle commander rangefinder

* Commander can lase for distance in much the same way the gunner does. .... (Note: This will not adjust commander's machinegun. It's just a rangefinder.)

(source: http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Tank_Fire_Control_System )

This note wasn't there, when i looked last time. Otherwise i must be blind. :)

Thanks anyway.

What is this FCS everyone speaks of? Is it on WIKI?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

NVM, just answered my own question.

Sorry for being lazy bum and not search properly, but anyone else can pop counterneasures even when not in the aircraft? I walk outside the MH60 for example and when i press SHIFT my heli pops flares hehe.

Anyway, im impressed with all modules in ACE now. Super work. Would be nice with MAP TOOLS as well as a module maybe? :)

Thanks guys.

SIXerror.jpg

i must have done something wrong cos i get this error message when i try to update.

also its not letting me load a save game in a single player mission anymore.

I love ACE2 and thanks for all the hard work ACE TEAM. But it seems to have killed the joy of flying helo for me it's darn hard to aquire targets with helo without a gunner on an AH64.

Edited by pigglywiggly

Sorry for being lazy bum and not search properly, but anyone else can pop counterneasures even when not in the aircraft? I walk outside the MH60 for example and when i press SHIFT my heli pops flares hehe.

i think i witnessed one

Edited by DenisRUS

I was curious if anyone had an issue with: "post initialization processing" screen that seems to go on for ever beofre mission start.

It happens sometimes when you add units in editor, mission goes through loading screen then another screen comes: post initialization processing and it goes on forever where you have to shut down arma.

Any tips on what might be causing it?

I believe that's CBA doing its job.

I tried searching for this already in this thread but can't seem to find any reference to it.

I get a Sound ACE_Heartbeatscalar not found every time I use the latest version in the editor - anyone know how to fix this?

I was curious if anyone had an issue with: "post initialization processing" screen that seems to go on for ever beofre mission start.

It happens sometimes when you add units in editor, mission goes through loading screen then another screen comes: post initialization processing and it goes on forever where you have to shut down arma.

Any tips on what might be causing it?

Yup, big time. I'm trying to make a mission non-ACE dependent and just about every alteration I do in the editor causes the Post Init. screen to freeze indefintely.

I now removed CBA as well but that takes away the possibility for so many other essential mods (copy my stance).

what is the ace v1.0's @CBA version. i uptated via six uptader to 316 and i had cba 84 but armaholic has cba 83 ?

Try using AddonSync 2009 - easy to setup

Try using AddonSync 2009 - easy to setup

we are going to stay at v1.0 but we had crash porblems last night.one time avery one carshed on server and several times different peoples game crashed.i think its the different cba versions didi it.if i can learn 84 or 83 is v1.0's cba version ?

i think i witnessed one

Ah yes. Im not running WarFX though so i guess ACE is a bit "sensitive" on the CM button. :)

Will check if ticket is made.

Re Post Initialization processing hanging; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9590

Re CBA updates; they probably arent the cause of the crashes. Updates in CBA are generally most important, I wouldnt miss out on em :)

The biggest crash causers are addons with broken inheritance tree btw. Many soundmods had/have that for instance.

This can lead to unpredictable results, due to different config trees, especially regarding muzzles, especially to muzzles on hardcoded special weapons like Throw/Put.

Edited by Sickboy

What´s this I hear that there is a RK95 in ACE weapons selection?

sorry for the panic! :) the problem is resolved :yay:

Edited by Keshman

Six Updater isn't working anymore for me. Tells me something about redcloth not able to be installed, GUI command prompt shuts down itself without starting the web frontend. no way to update ACE2 with this it seems. any clue or help?

I'm pressing TAB but can't get the FCS to work in the M1A1.

Is there something else I need to do?