Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Without: wouldn't know.

With Addonsync:

• Download latest and install latest version of addonsync (check my siggy)
  • Click this link
  • Double click the server in addonsync
  • Click check for addons
  • Click download addons

How do i see DL progress?

Did the above but nothing happens...

Oh Btw, it is the beta im getting here right??

Sorry...Must have skipped a part...Did something, and now its hauling ass..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Version downgrade issue resolved in six-rsync-0.3.8: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10040#note-4

Peoples with errors running the software, usually solved grabbing the latest version. http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite

I always delete all ACE folders, including the one in the USERCONFIG folder, and then reinstall everything.

Maybe you can stop doing that.

Edited by Sickboy

Ok. I managed to get the beta thru YOMAS Addonsync. BUT,

i get the "addon ´acex_wep_shotgun´ requiers addon ´acex_t_wep_shotgun´"

when i launch.

start initline is: -nosplash -nomap -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA

And i didnt skip anything yoma, i did as you asked in your post.

OH: If i launch anyway i get : "No Entry ´bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.30Rnd.580x42_CBZ´

;1607273']Ok. I managed to get the beta thru YOMAS Addonsync. BUT' date='

i get the "addon ´acex_wep_shotgun´ requiers addon ´acex_t_wep_shotgun´"

when i launch.

start initline is: -nosplash -nomap -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA

And i didnt skip anything yoma, i did as you asked in your post.

OH: If i launch anyway i get : "No Entry ´bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.30Rnd.580x42_CBZ´[/quote']

If you check for addons now, do you get all greens?

No i didnt...I got some white too...

Getting them now..

EDIT: Thats it, uninstalling SIX..

Having a bit of a problem with this as well.

Often when I try and join a game with ACE I get the following things saying I have deleted the files (I havn't deleted anything)

acex_veh_uh60

acex_men_insurgents

acex_veh_gmv

acex_men_usarmy

acex_veh_ah1

So I went into the Six Updater to try and fix it and this popped up in the first black box

sixupdatererror.jpg

Error cannot install Redcloth whatever that is. I am sure this is what is stopping the ace from updating. How do I fix it?

Hey guys i'm having a problem here. Did a re-install of my arma2 game after a long break and want to put ACE2 back in.. I downloaded the latest Six-Updater, trying to run the GUI but it's giving me the following error

* " Updating Installed Gems

ERROR : http://rubygems.org/ does not appear to be a repository

ERROR : While excecuting gem ... <Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError>

Error:: EACCES: Permission denied - coonect(2) <http://rubygems.org/yaml>

After that error pops up the Six-Updater suite main index page pops up and giving me the following error(s)

WARNING: No objects received, possibly issue with connection (timeout?), or server site

for the last two days i've been trying to figure out what's wrong. Probably some noobish mistake i've done somewhere? I'm running 1.05 patch btw.

;1607324']

EDIT: Thats it' date=' uninstalling SIX..[/quote']

Why ?

Syonco your firewall is blocking six-updater\tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Overview#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

@Sulu: That's np. If you want to get rid of it grab the latest setup and install it.

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be common sense :D

The messages you get ingame are usually inaccurate. Generally it means the mission is using units from addons that are not specified in the mission (But you really have the addon!).

If they are custom missions, and possibly a result of ace pre-stable classname changes, please use the ACE mission fixer:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9728

Edited by Sickboy

@Sickboy

Thank you for SiX updater it's genious, great and easy to use :thumbsup:

@ Sickboy

It was indeed my firewall that was the issue, thanks a bunch!

@Sickboy

Thank you for SiX updater it's genious, great and easy to use :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Step-by-Step! Still quite some improvements planned. Things have speeded up recently, and I hope to increase speed even more in the near future.

Presentation is still weak though, I mean i'm not an interface designer, clearly :yay:.

If there's any interface/style designers out there, preferably sass/css capable, haml/erb possibly, my doors are open :D

Edited by Sickboy

Well the latest one I installed is clearly a great improvement over the initial design. The selectors etc now really look like UI :D.

GJ

Not sure if this is just me and my mate who has this prob but

we are both using ACE2 same version and in the ace training grounds 1.06 if i get into the plane can`t remember which one but its the end one that can use nukes.

If i crash it he will get an error and get disconnected from me even tho im still in the game.he can reconnect but happens a lot.

cheers all

Just a quick one, it's more than likely "driver" error.

First off thanks for a real useful/and well made util !

Keep getting ingame message that ace keys are out of date, even though I used the six install/update option only an hour earlier. (this is in single player editor mode with ace mod running). Any suggestions... it's probably something daft I am doing.. shrug?

A quick suggestion while I am on, how about a single press button that goes off and searches arma2 folder for anything starting in "@" and automatically adds that mod to six updater (rather than adding mods by hand through six menu bar) again maybe I have missed something but don't think so?

Regards

Gen

@Sulu: That's np. If you want to get rid of it grab the latest setup and install it.

Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be common sense :D

The messages you get ingame are usually inaccurate. Generally it means the mission is using units from addons that are not specified in the mission (But you really have the addon!).

If they are custom missions, and possibly a result of ace pre-stable classname changes, please use the ACE mission fixer:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9728

I don't quite understand what you mean by the latest setup :j:. Not everyone can understand the Six-Updater as well as the person who created it.

I've decided to uninstall my current six installer and use a newer one I found. Stragely though after running the uninstall I cannot delete the 'Tools' folder as the folders inside are protected by something that even full administrator access cannot bypass. I do not like the fact that your program cannot be fully deleted at all!

So I am installing the new Six-Updater to a new location and hopefully this will work..

Really is a confusing program when it goes wrong but I can't do anything about it considering there is no other way to play ACE.

A.C.E. 1.0 Update #10 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

Glad you guys like the progress :)

@Sulu: That's exactly what I meant with latest setup.

@stk: If we could get both rpt etc http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting we'll have a look.

@Gen_Protection: Mods are loaded by preset, or in combination with a server.

Whenever you pick a server, it will combine your preset selection, with the mods running on the server. If the mods are available on your computer, they will be used, if they are available on the six updater network they will be installed/updated where necessary.

I've implemented a read-mods from arma folder feature, however I need to refine it some more to define mods that are actually available on the network, and which are not ;)

Will be released soon.

Please see http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Game_Issues for resolutions for the userconfig :)

Edited by Sickboy

Hi there cheers for the update.

whats this mean and where can i find the info on it cheers

Sys_slingload replaces sys_ravlifter. Details: ACE2 Docu [rocko]

I looked in Docs but aint got a clue where it is?.

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to b.336 A.C.E. 1.0 Update #10

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134&pid=591#post_591

Edited by G-Man-853

Apr 12th - Kellys ACE Server & YAS Rep updated to ACE 1.0.10 b.336

Thanks to Yoma, using YAS and adding servers are now easier than ever !!

You can now add ACE or Community Servers and start downloading in seconds.

Click to -> KH YAS Servers which automatically opens YAS and adds Kelly's ACE & Community Addon Repos mirrored by Nat & Whisper.

***Make sure you have the latest YAS version 1.0.57 or above. Download AddonSync

***Do NOT forget to Delete Extra Files after update.

Edited by Cross

Sickboy how do I delete all the files in Six-Updater? I have full admin rights, it asks me do you wish to delete this folder and I say yes then it says I can't because the folders are protected by something. I cannot reinstall with a newer Six-Updater because I can't delete or move these files! Vista with user account thing turned on so I can move or delete any other file on my PC just not the ones inside Six-Updater/tools.

Please help.

I've even tried to change my privalages for the folders to be able to do everything but again it says the folder is protected. This is rediculous that these files and folders cannot be moved or deleted on my PC and even more infuriating is that the Uninstall program does NOT uninstall everything!!

Now I go to give myself full access in the Properties selection after selecting the tools folder, I apply my changes to give it full access and a pop up kindly informs me that;

"An error occurred while applying security information to:

C:\--\Six-Updater\tools\bin

Access is denied."

how can I allow my computer to allow me to delete these files? I can't even reinstall Six-Updater without this because it doesn't work if saved in a different location!

Edited by Sulu

R U Ok?

LMAO :D

I smell a transition to console very soon.

Thanks ACE team for the update. Also a thanks to KH. :)