Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Got a quick and simple question, with the addition of the flashlight now I can't seem to remove the center crosshair on the bulldozer controls. (Camera) When it used to be L to remove the crosshair it is now replaced with the flashlight. I looked through bulldozer controls and couldn't find the toggle crosshair control.

Can't you just reassign the flashlight button in the ace_keys.hpp?

Just ran Arma2 this morning, SP mission Village Sweep and am now getting the message below at mission start:

Sqd CO 1 (Ray Corto): "OUTDATED: USERCONFIG\ACE_CLIENTSIDE_CONFIG.HPP, ACE_KEYS.HPP"

I ran the SixUpdater and according to that I am fully synced.

I've run this mission before and never gotten this. Any ideas on how to resolve or update these files?

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Just ran Arma2 this morning, SP mission Village Sweep and am now getting the message below at mission start:

Sqd CO 1 (Ray Corto): "OUTDATED: USERCONFIG\ACE_CLIENTSIDE_CONFIG.HPP, ACE_KEYS.HPP"

I've run this mission before and never gotten this. Any ideas on how to resolve or update these files?

When you go on the updating screen where you can choose the mods, where it says "execute and start game" you change it to "execute, start game and process keys" or something like that, worked for me anyway.

Edited by Arma-2-Guru

I always delete all ACE folders, including the one in the USERCONFIG folder, and then reinstall everything.

I always delete all ACE folders, including the one in the USERCONFIG folder, and then reinstall everything.

That's complete overkill and just makes the download slow, wasting bandwidth.

Do a regular "update install". If needed, then "process userconfig" will install new config files for you ( you customize them as needed after the intall ).

A defrag after ACE update/install is not bad idea either, just to ensure you get less stutter.

Is there anyway i can get the BETA without using six or yoma??

PS: I dl ACE II stable 1.0 deleted it and are trying to get the BETA.

Get a ruby error...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

;1606843']Is there anyway i can get the BETA without using six or yoma??

Get a ruby error...

We've found out that whenever there is a update on Six Updater version X.Y.Z on the Y for example 0.8.Z -> 0.9.Z you need to manually update Six Updater..

;1606843']Is there anyway i can get the BETA without using six or yoma??

Get a ruby error...

Without: wouldn't know.

With Addonsync:

• Download latest and install latest version of addonsync (check my siggy)
  • Click this link
  • Double click the server in addonsync
  • Click check for addons
  • Click download addons

I looked on devheaven but didn't see a ticket about Sabot rounds pulverizing buildings. Is fixing that in the works? They don't kill helicopters and cars anymore.

Edit: Also, is it realistic that suppressed weapons such as the VSS Vintorez still give off a visible flash of light when fired in the dark?

Edited by maturin

What are the classnames for the fast ropes??:)

ACE_Rope_M_120

ACE_Rope_M_90

ACE_Rope_M_60

ACE_Rope_M_50

the bigger the number in end the longer the rope :p

I looked on devheaven but didn't see a ticket about Sabot rounds pulverizing buildings. Is fixing that in the works? They don't kill helicopters and cars anymore.

Standard US tank SOP is to keep a sabot loaded in the cannon when expecting contact. It's quicker to fire that round than unload to change types, so usually a surprise contact will get a sabot first. While not optimal vs targets other than armor, a sabot will still cheerfully rip the engine out of a car, truck, or helo and can do horrific damage to incidental objects it encounters like fuel tanks, ammunition stores, or people. Sabots will punch through a building, but rarely inflict significant structural damage.

Likewise a HEAT round can inflict damage to soft targets. The shaped charge is highly biased, but there still is a significant omnidirectional hazard zone for blast and incidental shrapnel. A DPICM bomblet is a small shaped charge that has a special casing to enhance secondary fragmentation.

Many explosive effects in vanilla A2 and in ACE do not have the correct lethal ranges for indirect damage ( blast and shrapnel ). From stock grenades and satchels to the backblast for claymores - the numbers are fairly low compared to the real life values.

Thats... Epic!!:)

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Just a suggestion , why is it only with machine guns and rocket launchers that you need earplugs for,why not not assault rifles as well from past experience of being on a 5.56 range(L85) my ear defenders weren't on right and my ears were buzzing and pinging :)

Yep, it's weird shooting a full clip while you're in a building and nothing happens, but grab an mg and all the sudden it affects your hearing. Confined space should enhance the effect. Out in the open it's not so bad, but I think it would still be bad for your hearing after constant firing. Especially if your buddy is close to you, also firing.

I noticed that with heavy sniper rifles like TAC-50, view blurs for a brief moment when you shoot, but still after emptying couple of clips, you still hear everything crystal clear.

Could somebody help me out?

I'm trying to play ARMA 2 MP for the first time with ACE installed but I keep getting the message:

Server Version: 1.0.10.335

Client Version: 1.0.239

I searched the problem and downloaded the new six-updater and deleted my virtual store folder. I updated again as administrator, but the message still comes up.

Even in open space squeezing off 1 round without protection ,screws your ears , sometimes up to half a hour :)

Edited by {G&L}ACF{SCOTDG}

While not optimal vs targets other than armor, a sabot will still cheerfully rip the engine out of a car, truck, or helo and can do horrific damage to incidental objects it encounters like fuel tanks, ammunition stores, or people. Sabots will punch through a building, but rarely inflict significant structural damage.

The Sabot damage to cars and helicopters is almost perfect (only problem is that they do no damage to the main rotor). The problem is that significant structural damage is exactly what they still do to buildings.

I had another sniper fire his M24 ~3 meters away from me while I wasn't wearing any hearing protection, and my ears were ringing for a few seconds (M24 is quite louder than M4/M16 though).

The Sabot damage to cars and helicopters is almost perfect (only problem is that they do no damage to the main rotor). The problem is that significant structural damage is exactly what they still do to buildings.

While better, the helo damage is far from perfect.

Put a Hind on the N. end of Utes runway, with a hold, careless waypoint so it hovers in a nice broadside presentation. Plant an empty M1 Tusk on the runway and yourself next to it so you can gun at will.

HEAT round to engine blows it up. Good.

Sabot in tail will kill that rotor - forcing it down. Good.

Sabot in engine will blow it or bring it down with engine failure. Good.

Sabot in pilot compartment brings the chopper down to soft landing and 2 apparently healthy crew jump up and run away. 1 bar of damage to helo, not flyable. Ok on disable, bad that crew survived.

Canister round at 400m hit the entire body of chopper. Chopper down with engine failure, crew survives. 1 bar of damage to helo, not flyable, no fuel loss. It's debatable whether any passengers would be killed by a hail of high-speed tungsten balls, but you would think the chances of pilot/gunner being wounded would be high since the canopy was destroyed. If it disabled the engine then canister should also have also punctured the fuel lines/tanks.

Also note - HUGE amount of lag when the crew bails out into the crippled chopper's rotor wash. The effect lasts for over a minute.

Cannister vs structures. Ineffective. IRL it can do significant damage at short range.

Riy4EaoR76U

Edited by Evil_Echo

Well I set flashlight to right shift and..... now its off of L it still wont toggle it off of the screen now. I wish to know what that control was for toggling the crosshair so I can get back to making my movies.