Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

whoo yes i love the idea having a P90.

some forces in the netherlands use them in CQB.

made a request....

"Some" forces in the NL use them so lets ask the ACE team to create that... I find it a bit tacky tbh, but your free to ask for whatever you want ofcourse. :)

"Some" forces in the NL use them so lets ask the ACE team to create that... I find it a bit tacky tbh, but your free to ask for whatever you want ofcourse. :)

No need to be such a negative-nancy about it :P

I'd love to see a lot more submachine guns in ACE, as the selection is quite sparse at the moment :)

@Marc ... if you use mando_missiles system you have a perfect lock-on system. Works perfectly with ACE2.

No need to be such a negative-nancy about it :P

I'd love to see a lot more submachine guns in ACE, as the selection is quite sparse at the moment :)

oohhh you got me, CQB in Arma2 with trackIR is so much fun! I'd love having more SMG's or CQB battle rifles! :D

but its a lot of work so.. i dont want to sound like it MUST BE DONE NOW!11

respect for all the contributors to ACE2 for their excellent and impressing work!

hey ALEX72 maybe i shouldnt say the netherlands, maybe i should say Belgium, Saoedi-Arabië, Thailand, Singapore, Canada, Peru, Cyprus, Greece, Thailand, Pakistan, Filipines, Mexico and last but not least The Netherlands. maybe i forgot a few countries.

but with operation Arrowhead coming soon having a Big city map i tought it would be great to see a few "more powerfull" CQB equipment than almost only the MP5...hell even the germans use the P90 :)

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

What about the awesome MP7 or the powerful Vector? I mean, they are almost obvious choices as they are both fairly new to the weapons-scene and they are great weapons.

Because when playing with friends or in a big squad / clan, you can't ask people to download 50 different addon packs for each mission you make - Which is why it would be awesome to have them included in ACE, as that's the De Facto addon everyone uses and it's always kept up to date among the players.

Why is it such a taboo to dare ask for features around here, without someone getting almost offended by it? It's just a request, nothing else :)

A MP5 without a silencer would also be cool...

That's already in ACE, check out the US Special Weapons box, there's the UMP45 with and without silencer and two versions of the MP5 without silencer - The A4 and A5 I believe.

hey ALEX72 maybe i shouldnt say the netherlands, maybe i should say Belgium, Saoedi-Arabië, Thailand, Singapore, Canada, Peru, Cyprus, Greece, Thailand, Pakistan, Filipines, Mexico and last but not least The Netherlands. maybe i forgot a few countries.

but with operation Arrowhead coming soon having a Big city map i tought it would be great to see a few "more powerfull" CQB equipment than almost only the MP5...hell even the germans use the P90 :)

Dont forget Finnish forces also tested / are testing it. Thats +1 country to the list, this weapon would bring, what I think as new dimension. Something that hasnt been properly been in ArmA series. But now in ArmA2, hands can be properly animated to hold P90, so I would be very glad to see it :)

Because when playing with friends or in a big squad / clan, you can't ask people to download 50 different addon packs for each mission you make - Which is why it would be awesome to have them included in ACE, as that's the De Facto addon everyone uses and it's always kept up to date among the players.

Why is it such a taboo to dare ask for features around here, without someone getting almost offended by it? It's just a request, nothing else :)

It's not taboo, but it's not the correct place either. ACE has a ticket system for problems and requests.

The other thing is that ACE is not a huge team with hundreds of Oompa-Loompas cranking out weapon models. While player suggestions are welcome, ultimately it comes down to whether an already-made high-quality model is available or a model maker has the time to craft one. A single model can take months of work.

So where does a P-90 fit in the queue? Behind a lot of other things, including the HK-417s I'd hoped for. But not going to nag anyone, just going to wait and say thanks for all that is already out.

So where does a P-90 fit in the queue? Behind a lot of other things, including the HK-417s I'd hoped for. But not going to nag anyone, just going to wait and say thanks for all that is already out.

Nobody is pleading, demanding or forcing anyone to do anything, people are merely throwing out some suggestions for consideration by like-minded thinkers and perhaps some discussion - There's no need to stagnate all discussion by playing the 'gratefulness' card all the time :)

Ohh yes.... the lovely HK417s.... *dreamsaboutEm* :)

I've had used them in every of my Special-Forces plotted missions for Arma1+ACE1...

The higher caliber was (with the still much superior wounding system from ACE1) definitely having some serious effects over "normal" other 5,xx calibers. :eek:

If i did successfully hit an enemy with one of those HK417s in ACE1, they were for sure knocked down or even killed at first shot, even at average distances (200-500m) where all 5,xxmm calibers did start to seriously lack (which is realistic of course, as far as it could get with Arma1+ACE1)

The other thing is that ACE is not a huge team with hundreds of Oompa-Loompas cranking out weapon models.

Currently all Oompa-Loompas are working on fixing any bugs, creating new features, smoothing current ones out, and generally taking long hot cocoa baths. :p

Just a question about your new ACE2-wagon:

Would it be possible to mark some feature cards/notes and get them (collected) as pdf or printable version? Its all nice with online docs but sometimes a (plain) offline version is handy too. :)

Hi, I want to be able to remove the AI function where they automatically board the vehicles if you insert them next to the vehicles in the editor, I dont' want them in the vehicles, this is dumb how they have that how do I get it to not do that?

thanks.

Guess that's not A.C.E. 2 it's Group Link 4 doing this.

You can disable this feature.

Get In: ( "UserConfig\GL4_Global.sqf" )

// GL4 Get In:
   // ==============================================================
   // Choose if A.I. which is within 10 meters to a empty vehicle should mount the vehicle at mission start.
   // Note: This feature was made to overcome the assignment with the "moveInDriver", "moveInGunner" and "moveInCarog" command.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_Global set [67, False];

Just a suggestion, could not the map tools be added to a module. This would make updating older missions alot more easer.

We are currently looking into the best way to include the Map Tools in an easier fashion than the addWeapon function.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys i was wondering if anybody knows the MOA increments of the sniper rifles in ace

namely the m40a3, DMR, m107 and tac 50

or alternitavly does anybody know the formula to convert meters (distance) into moa for those rifles?

i know the increments up to 1k or 2k (cuz there on the range table) its the beond distances that im intrested in, also to make setting up the scope more accurate, 100m difference between moa is a bit much in my opinion, especial at long range

cheers in advance

for moa increments : 1 dot = 100 meter

and if you want to see the range table press : shift+v

Is it possible to PULL PPL out of vehicles...Like if the are wounded?

Im on the Official Campain (Harvest Red) and im using ACE II.

Got cought in a firefight and got 3 men wounded, INSIDE the

car...I need to get them out so i can treat them...