Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Our group generally enjoyed and even loved the old sounds...:confused: no need for the change imho.....

By the way, the mod is rocking....big thx to you guys working on it....cant...stop...playing...must sleep....:yay:

Edited by katdogfizzow

Hi All,

I have installed cba, ace, acex, and acex_sm to my dedicated server. I have the exact same install on my client box.

I've gone through ace-dev and a few forums to see if there's something I'm missing, but I cannot find any more info.

I'm receiving a version error when I try to connect to the server, if I have verifySignatures=1. I have all the keys placed in the directories indicated from ace-dev. These are the sames files copied from the client box to the server box. I ran tolower as usual.

If I set verifySignatures=0, I can connect to the server. This leads to the next issue.

I cannot get any of the last 2 releases of Domination ACE missions to run. The server hangs up and then crashes when a player quits. I get some strange "error - cannot run local command @ace"

I can get a non-ace domination mission to run, but what fun is that?

What is my setup missing? Anybody run into an issue like this before?

Thanks,

Rothgar

wow, well i for one am grateful for all that the ace team have done, and if you feel the same you could offer some constructive criticism

thanks for all your hard work ace team

Edited by W0lle

wow, well i for one am grateful for all that the ace team have done, and if you feel the same you could offer some constructive criticism

thanks for all your hard work ace team

The old sounds were better than any of the sound mods available.. cant understand why they would replace them with these. They're rubbish, I could of done better!

The old sounds were better than any of the sound mods available.. cant understand why they would replace them with these. They're rubbish, I could of done better!

If you have some good samples out there feel free to provide them to the ACE team.

A.C.E. 1.1 RC1 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

Which is most realistic? Low "oomph"? I think so. Which is most fun? High "oomph"? I think so too.

Realistically, gunfire causes hearing damage. So when you have little popgun noises, it breaks immersion like nothing else. And I don't think it's realistic to be in a firefight and barely know when my gun went off because the sound is so dull.

I don't think CoD has good sounds either. The game uses a cluttered, muddy soundscape with too much going on at once, punctuated by a fuzzy, dull thumpa thumpa when you are firing full auto. If you used original ACE_SM sounds for everything going on in a CoD level, your speakers and your ears would be ringing for days.

Reverted weapon sound changes. refs #10439 [sickboy]

Appreciated, especially since there was probably a lot of work that went into the last version's sounds, and they took quite a beating on the forums.

Well that's a pitty. There were room for improvements of course, but generally satisfactional. It was at least good enough for me to make a copy of this SM before I update.

Wouldn't want to let it all go to waste because of a few protests. :)

Well that's a pitty. There were room for improvements of course, but generally satisfactional. It was at least good enough for me to make a copy of this SM before I update.

Wouldn't want to let it all go to waste because of a few protests. :)

The changes are merely reverted to satisfy v1.1 release requirements :)

They probably will be reworked http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10439

Why is the M60 always wounding the player and eventually killing you when you are on the ground and have it deployed? It has been there for SO many versions, is there some military technical explanation or is this a bug :P ?

Many thanks for the great work guys, this mod continues to impress. I am however having a few problems.

1. The HuntIR doesn't seem to work for me, I launch the round from the M203, and have the monitor in my inventory, but I cannot seem to use it at all, no action menu comes up or anything.

2. With the hinds(all) main gun, when you activate the laser the gun auto corrects the elevation, however it seems to fire the corrected angle and the what I assume to be, default angle, resulting in rounds hitting the target and the other half falling way short. It is either splitting half and half or its firing twice.

3. With the clientside config file and having to put in your ingame name in order for some features to work, would it not be possible to have it so that we just enter what face we are using so that if we have multiple profiles we just need to make sure thet use the same face. If there are other reasons why it is the player profile name then scratch this.

Thanks.

Thanks for mentioning the SM revert in the changelog, I'm keeping build 31. Use the volume controls if you want them to sound louder. So we now have louder weapon sounds, louder footsteps, louder ocean and wind, just to play with the volume at 30%. Don't see why we can't use BIS's base level for loudness, so we can be able to mix various sounds without some of them feeling so out of place.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Please, can somebody help me ?

Hi guys !

I'm new here and I really hope you will help me.

So here's the thing. I have some problems with ACE. First of all the chemlights don't work at all. I can't select them as weapon and I can't use it.

And with all the ACE's explosives. I can place them on the ground but they don't detonate when I run infront of them. Except a mine with a remote detonator.

Sorry for my bad english guys.

Thanks

Please, can somebody help me ?

Hi guys !

I'm new here and I really hope you will help me.

So here's the thing. I have some problems with ACE. First of all the chemlights don't work at all. I can't select them as weapon and I can't use it.

And with all the ACE's explosives. I can place them on the ground but they don't detonate when I run infront of them. Except a mine with a remote detonator.

Sorry for my bad english guys.

Thanks

You gotta place the explosives' tripwires, look at the explosive, use the tripwire action, then run to the place where you want to end the tripwire and then use end tripwire action.

You have to set safety off first so that it will explode when you run to it. Or alternatively, if a mine type allows it, you can use a tripwire.

edit: some mines need tripwire, but for example M16 bouncing betty can bet set to go off on contact.

2. With the hinds(all) main gun, when you activate the laser the gun auto corrects the elevation, however it seems to fire the corrected angle and the what I assume to be, default angle, resulting in rounds hitting the target and the other half falling way short. It is either splitting half and half or its firing twice.

We did our best to catch 'em all, unfortunately fired eventhandlers are still too slow. In general, the more FPS, the less unadjusted rounds.

Thank so much guys it works !

And for chemlights, any idea ?