Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Tonight I had some problems with Javelin. Against T90, none of ten fired missiles hit. They seemed to blow prematurely in flight, or hit the tank but didn't do any damage. I encountered a T72 couple times and both times Javelin was victorious.

T90 has some jamming equipment but surely it shouldn't be totally invincible against Javelin?

edit: ok, tested at Utes runway against both T-90 and T-72BA. Javelin simply explodes during flight and sometimes on top of a tank (but doesn't hit)

Seems like Javelin is broken at the moment.

Edited by pAuthority

Tonight I had some problems with Javelin. Against T90, none of ten fired missiles hit. They seemed to blow prematurely in flight, or hit the tank but didn't do any damage. I encountered a T72 couple times and both times Javelin was victorious.

T90 has some jamming equipment but surely it shouldn't be totally invincible against Javelin?

edit: ok, tested at Utes runway against both T-90 and T-72BA. Javelin simply explodes during flight and sometimes on top of a tank (but doesn't hit)

Seems like Javelin is broken at the moment.

Are you using Mando Missiles?

No, just ACE2.

More testing and ranges: at 200m missile hits succesfully, but 150 and below it doesn't. I suppose it was all about targets being too close, but shouldn't Javelin have a direct attack mode too?

Maverick you have no idea how grateful I am.I was gonna give up since I spent another hour trying to figure it out on my own.I downloaded SLX mod and it said to drop the@SLX into main folder then to run the batch file....and there was no batch file in the SLX download.That was enough for me and again I thank you alot!Way hard and I imagine will turn many people off sadly.

Anyone else have had their weapon sounds go totally bonkers in the latest (friday) update?

Every single weapon now feels weak to the sound. Can't explain it better than saying that the 'bang' is gone. The guns are silent and unrecognizable.

Just curious if it's only me, or if more have the issue.

Something went wrong and when I started ARma the game looked like it was running in DOS mode.I couldn't get it to play or anything.Erased it all and redownloading and will try again tomorrow.

Anyone else have had their weapon sounds go totally bonkers in the latest (friday) update?

Every single weapon now feels weak to the sound. Can't explain it better than saying that the 'bang' is gone. The guns are silent and unrecognizable.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10439

Those are the brand new sounds.

I have a problem with ACE now that doesn't allow me to use mask or use any key bindings, I don't know how to fix it this is the error message

"Script x\cba\addons\COMPONENT_F\fleximenu\function_keydown.sqf not found"

Any ideas?

Anyone know the class name for the new RPG with PGO sight?

*edit*

Never mind, found it:

"ACE_RPG7V_PGO7"

Edited by AnimalMother92

I think these new sounds is more like when you are on the shootingrange

sitting in the grave marking hits..

I do not think they are nice..

More PUNCH and BANG imho..

I haven't played ArmA II for a few months now since my gaming computer died a while back. To run ACE2 with the ArmA II beta patches do I install the beta and then just add the mods to the target line of the beta shortcut? Thanks.

I haven't played ArmA II for a few months now since my gaming computer died a while back. To run ACE2 with the ArmA II beta patches do I install the beta and then just add the mods to the target line of the beta shortcut? Thanks.

Yes but, make life easy and get a launcher program ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Am I just not smart enough to enjoy ACE-2? I am so lost and discouraged that its probably just me.For example I go to this web page http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Release
How about you simply follow the download instructions:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

And download from the Download sections, not from Version information sections.

Our YAS now has the 2 missing m2 files. Apologies for the delay I've been unavailable for a few days.

Keep up the good work Sickboy and the ACE team :bounce3:

Jman;1620747']Our YAS now has the 2 missing m2 files. Apologies for the delay I've been unavailable for a few days.

Keep up the good work Sickboy and the ACE team :bounce3:

Cheers JMan!

Im having a problem, i downloaded the new 14.1 six updater. When i get to the http://127.0.0.1:16333/main page. All the boxes are now empty, and if I click execute nothing happens.

I dont understand, it used to work fine, now it doesnt?

Im having a problem, i downloaded the new 14.1 six updater. When i get to the http://127.0.0.1:16333/main page. All the boxes are now empty, and if I click execute nothing happens.

I dont understand, it used to work fine, now it doesnt?

Configured your firewall again after installing the latest version? http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Overview#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

Any errors, logs, messages, anything we can use to help you?

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+support

It should actually mention "Auto Synchronize: Synchronized 78 records with server-site!" and the Preset selection should automatically be set to the first available preset.

In any case, put your mouse pointer in the empty fields (click), if nothing pops up, then there's a problem.

Edited by Sickboy

ok - feeling real dumb here now, but could someone please point out how i get new maps running in ACE 2. keep it real simple please.

Configured your firewall again after installing the latest version? http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Overview#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

Any errors, logs, messages, anything we can use to help you?

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+support

It should actually mention "Auto Synchronize: Synchronized 78 records with server-site!" and the Preset selection should automatically be set to the first available preset.

In any case, put your mouse pointer in the empty fields (click), if nothing pops up, then there's a problem.

Many thanks. I had no firewall issues, i dont even have one other than xp.

The fields were not comming up automatically filled as before, but if I click in the box I was able to choose the settings, as you advised, and it seems to be updating normally now.

Thanks.

Regarding the sounds, I'm kind of mixed. As far as realism goes (lacking "oomph"), I think I find the new ones "better". Looking at youtube videos etc from real world fighting, the sounds aren't as Hollywood'ish as certain sound mods we prefer. Especially in the typical Chernarus setting. Large cities would cause greater reverbiation etc and require mods to "get it right". But I agree I have a seriously hard time recognizing the sounds.

But, I (and apparently others based on comments in this thread) actually prefer Hollywood'ish sounds, and will continue to use other soundmods.

Most claim games like MW2 and similar has the best sounds. They may have recorded the real thing and how that makes them realistic, but they sure are post processed to deliver the most spectacular sounds. Which is most realistic? Low "oomph"? I think so. Which is most fun? High "oomph"? I think so too.

I think "realism" through having guns match how they sound in real life recordings is something of a false economy; the realism comes from having the player feel like he is shooting a "real" gun. You need the extra hollywood bass to make up for the fact there's nothing slamming back into your shoulder.

sorry if this has come up several times before but i can't install ACE2 for a simple reason, I don't know where the hpp file goes.

I am a noob when it comes to mods like ACE2, but i can install simple addons , like weapon packs.

i really want to install ACE because i feel like i am missing out on a huge part of the community mods.

So can someone please help me! by the way i only registered about halk an hour before this post but i have been scanning these forums for a few months.

Perfect sounds would be LOUD, sharp and maybe a little "oomph" added but only little. Original ACE sounds were better, but not perfect. Biggest problem with these new sounds is that they are too quiet. I had a fellow shooting with AK like 10 metres away, and I thought he was behind a hill or other side of town! I'm starting to get used to these sounds from 1st person when I'm the one shooting, but gunfire from 10m away sounds like they are using silencers.

Please make the sounds louder, close to ear-tearing hell! There are earplugs in the game if the sounds are too loud!

Regarding the sounds, I'm kind of mixed. As far as realism goes (lacking "oomph"), I think I find the new ones "better". Looking at youtube videos etc from real world fighting, the sounds aren't as Hollywood'ish as certain sound mods we prefer. Especially in the typical Chernarus setting. Large cities would cause greater reverbiation etc and require mods to "get it right". But I agree I have a seriously hard time recognizing the sounds.

But, I (and apparently others based on comments in this thread) actually prefer Hollywood'ish sounds, and will continue to use other soundmods.

Most claim games like MW2 and similar has the best sounds. They may have recorded the real thing and how that makes them realistic, but they sure are post processed to deliver the most spectacular sounds. Which is most realistic? Low "oomph"? I think so. Which is most fun? High "oomph"? I think so too.

Ive been both behind the barrel and in the grave..

ALOT.

And i say these sounds are to week. To much popsh and too little

BAAAAANNNNG

These sounds more like fake blanks to me..

And about the sounds, IRL youd need earplugs if prolonged fire is

done. Try sharpammo single fire a full mag..You wont hear much for

some time after..Thats why i say equip ALL and everyone with ear-

plugs.

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]