Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Is there a way to detect if player are using ACE2 in SP mission? I would like to make my "non-addon"-mission to feature ACE2 content/altered gamebalance if player have this mod enabled.

Wouldn't releasing ACE and non-ACE versions be easier? It's SOP in other modding communities I've known?

I know Mando Missiles has a check to see what is running every time a game starts, so Mandoble could probably help you change that script to detect ACE.

Separate versions would be the easiest way but dececting addons would allow to use many separate addons in missions and keep all in one mission file.

Edit: Btw. is there any public variables that ACE2 mod is creating always at mission start. That would be enought to know about existence of the mod.

Edited by SaOk

Oh no I see what he means, the xeh has x eh. That space isn't actually in the command line I don't know how it got into the forums hahahaha. But nice eye.

Rgr - how about the trailing semicolon on that list of mods then?

Separate versions would be the easiest way but dececting addons would allow to use many separate addons in missions and keep all in one mission file.

Edit: Btw. is there any public variables that ACE2 mod is creating always at mission start. That would be enought to know about existence of the mod.

You might be able to check for a configuration setting. Take a look at this code for starters - ACE_Config looks promising to check for.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/develop/entry/Addons/main/XEH_PostInit.sqf

Thx, Evil Echo - That works. The mod is enabled if:

count getArray (configFile >> "ACE_Config" >> "ace_pbos" >> "ace_pbos") > 0

@Evil

Trailing semicollon hasn't made a difference. Someone else suggested I try to eliminate it and did so. Wierd...I will wait to hear back from the support ticket.

Thanks,

Mike.

First forgive me bud but I'm a little confused what you are looking for.

Do you mean something like requiring players to use ACE2 for SP mission? There's the module that enables "ACE2 required". I've never used it though so I'm not too sure if it can do anything else or if you could use it some how.

For detecting ACE2, you may want to ask the author of the Seize Zones missions, stiff. I remember he used to have something in his A1 missions that would detect if certain mods were "activated"(or used) by the player and it would tweak the mission a bit.(Like adding certain weapons to crates or replacing units, vehicles, etc. if the player was using certain mods.) It was really nice. In other words extra Mods/AddOns weren't required but if the user had them then stiff's mission would detect them and replace the content. It was brilliant.

Not sure if any of this helps at all but I hope it does.

Good luck.

Edited by Manzilla

Hi Guys question on getting a sever going with this mod. I have had a regular server running now that I rent for some time, it works just fine. I uploaded the ACE files and CBA then proceeded to change the command line. Now it doesn't show up for some reason. Do I have to edit the config at all to tell the server anything else???

-Server -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -download -logFile=Server.log -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@mma;@mma_xeh;

That is my command line, but for some reason I cant connect, either remotely or through the server browser. It doesn't even show up when this line is selected, but works fine when I revert to the original.

Any input would be appreciated.

Read through this:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Running_an_ACE_Server

And here is a copy of my server command line for comparison:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\aceserver.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM

Finally managed to find time to get this squared away and added to my gameplay. Really well done, lads! I used Six Updater without any probs (Nice 'how-to' vid on Armaholic btw....ok yes, I am a weak man, however, I also learned a long time ago manuals/maps/questions saves time/frustration and add clarity ^.^) so thanks Sickboy and everyone else's effort in this excellent modification. 07

@Manzilla, yep I planning to add those extra weapons in crates if ACE2 is detected. Also to give little different gamebalance (e.g. reducing size of enemy tank squad because those are much more deadly with this mod). The mod wouldnt still be required to play.

@Sickboy, thx. Kju also pointed that way to detect the mod which looks to be better than mine.

One quick question:

Has the ACE team ever thought about introducing the grass of this addon? (SFOD-D High Performance Addon). But Im just talking about the grass in this addon, I love it :)

Is it just me or are suppressed AKs not working properly? When the AI fires it it makes noise while when I fire it it's suppressed. Also I don't know if the SD ammo for AKs is subsonic or not but if it is then I still don't see a noticeable difference in damage between SD and regular ammo. Tested with the AK UN kobra that comes with vanilla and the magazines from an RU special weapons box.

i'm having a little trouble with the Helicopter and Airplane aspects of the game.

3 problems with the Helicopters:

1)The gunner doesnt seem to do his job. He rarely fires and he doesnt switch between Missiles and machine guns.

2) I cant figure out how to switch the gunners weapons, as he doesnt do it himself.

3) The missiles doesnt lock on to other aircraft and vehicles.

Plane problems

1) The bloody missiles dont lock on. This is unrealistic as the missiles on the planes in game are all fire-and-forget missiles, meaning: I should be able to target an enemy, get him so the square has a circle around the target then fire, THEN i should see the missile fly and try to hit.

My problem is that the square that should come up when i hit TAB doesnt come up at all. If this is intentional, how the hell am i supposed to fire fire-and-forget missiles without a targetting system (and if anyone mentions Star Wars and the 'Force' i'll scream :))

Problem 1 for the airplanes and problem 3 for the helicopters are pretty much exactly the same, but they both really annoy me. I mean, the targetting square comes up for the rockets and the machine guns, but not for ANY missiles.

How do i fix this???

How can I create AI talks and radio sounds modules during the mission? I tried this but it dosent work:

llog1 = creategroup logic; "ACE_RadioTalk_Logic" createUnit [[0, 0, 0], llog1];
llog2 = creategroup logic;"ACE_AITalk_Logic" createUnit [[0, 0, 0], llog2]; 

Spangg ,

I am also having same issue since upadating today to lates and greates. Exit restart. take off autoskip and states all is up to date. (green).

Sickboy,

I have tried what you told spangg to do. No go.

(Make sure you run the latest updater suite, then reset skip status, and execute, to verify and repair missing files etc. http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_U...'%20status)

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Sickboy,

I got this the last time too. I will finish install/update then reboot my pc and try it all over....again.

(= @ACEX

Already installed, trying to update...

Current Version: 228, checking for updates.

Calculating checksums

Trying rsync://64.34.164.115/rel/acex/.

Verifying Packed files...

Verifying Unpacked files...

Unpacking 1/3: addons/acex_c_veh_m2.pbo

Unpacking 2/3: addons/acex_m_veh_m2.pbo

Unpacking 3/3: addons/acex_t_veh_m2.pbo

No updates found)

Thanks for the mod and mod support

Hardtail

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Sickboy,

Inexplicably it worked this time. Sorry, will try everything twice before posting.

Thanks

Hardtail

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to set up ACE to use more than 1 profile?

i'm having a little trouble with the Helicopter and Airplane aspects of the game.

How do i fix this???

You should try this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89912&highlight=mando+missile

It fixed a lot of things for me :D

Sorry, had to joke a bit but indeed, if you're pilot you just might be interested in Mando addon.

(sorry for OT)

Maybe this is not the place to ask, but a quick question.

Is DevHeaven down? I can't access it and it says,

Internal error

An error occurred on the page you were trying to access.

If you continue to experience problems please contact your redMine administrator for assistance.

Just wanting to check if I'm not the only one experiencing this?

Maybe this is not the place to ask, but a quick question.

Is DevHeaven down? I can't access it and it says,

Just wanting to check if I'm not the only one experiencing this?

I just tried the DH site and I had no problems accessing it.

Instaled new Sixupdater and worked.

Sorry.

--

DevHeaven is working fine to me.

Edited by jhoson14

greetings

I'm having a little problem with a script to call in an ammo box by parachute.

It works fine in vanilla.

But with ACE the ammo box + parachute spawn, then the parachute despawns immediately and the ammo box is hovering up in the air where it spawned.

Is it a bug? Me being a noob?

this is the script:

_pos = (position _base);
	_obj_para = "ParachuteWest" createVehicle [0,0,0];
	_obj_para setpos [_pos select 0,_pos select 1,(_pos select 2)
+100];		
	_tbox = "USOrdnanceBox" createVehicle _pos;
	_tbox attachTo [_obj_para, [0,0,-1.6]];
	sleep 1.0;
	WaitUntil{(getpos _tbox select 2) < 0.01};
	detach _tbox;

deletevehicle _tbox;
	_pos = position _tbox;
	_tbox = "USOrdnanceBox" createVehicle _pos;
	_tbox setpos getpos _tbox;
	[_tbox] execVM "data\scripts\dropdel.sqf";
	_tbox setVehicleInit "[this] call BIS_EVO_DropBox";
	processInitCommands;	

any help welcome

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to set up ACE to use more than 1 profile?

ATM you can't really in an automatic fashion. The player name has to be altered in the clientside userconfig file to match the current profile or you lose access to goggles, masks, etc. The best you could hope for would be a very smart ArmA2 launcher that could change that file and then start the game with the chosen profile, but not aware of any right now that can.

You should try this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89912&highlight=mando+missile

It fixed a lot of things for me :D

Sorry, had to joke a bit but indeed, if you're pilot you just might be interested in Mando addon.

(sorry for OT)

No joke, Mando Missiles + ACE rocks.

Edited by Evil_Echo