Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Yesterday I installed SIX_Updater_Suite_v0.11.1_setup and eventually got updated after numerous tries due to the update not running propperly and skipping mods which needed processing. But I think that has already been discussed and is known.

However, today I launched sixupdater and it updated itself and now it wont load the web configuration, just a "page cannot be found" error. I have seen this before and it was related to copying CHCP.com to the relevant place and naming it CHCP.exe. It seems now that the place where this file goes has been changed to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\six-updater-web-0.12.4\lib\tools\ruby\bin" the 2nd "tools" folder does not exist at this location though, so where should I put it?

Thanks for any help and the continued support for this great mod ;)

Edited by -=seany=-

Does ACE implement any disadvantages for using RPK magazines in regular AKs other than giving up your position in PvP due to the tracers?

Correct me if im wrong here please, but shouldnt EARPLUG be standard

equipment on any soldier??

Or atleast be IN the medical box AND Launcherbox.

Does ACE implement any disadvantages for using RPK magazines in regular AKs other than giving up your position in PvP due to the tracers?

I don't think so, why should they anyway?

Yes, there are disadvantages: they are heavier and take up more space than 30 round magazines. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I installed SIX_Updater_Suite_v0.11.1_setup and eventually got updated after numerous tries due to the update not running propperly and skipping mods which needed processing. But I think that has already been discussed and is known.

However, today I launched sixupdater and it updated itself and now it wont load the web configuration, just a "page cannot be found" error. I have seen this before and it was related to copying CHCP.com to the relevant place and naming it CHCP.exe. It seems now that the place where this file goes has been changed to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\six-updater-web-0.12.4\lib\tools\ruby\bin" the 2nd "tools" folder does not exist at this location though, so where should I put it?

Ok, I have now three PCs updated with the latest Six and none will load the web config. They all give the following message when the web browser opens:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/seanysherry/SixError.jpg

I have tried reinstalling Six multiple times and cleared out anything Six related in Virtual store and Application data. Two of the PCs are XP64 bit and one is Vista64 with UAC disabled. I have tried copying CHCP.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin" on all machines but nothing is working. I would put CHCP.exe in that other location mentioned in my quoted text, but it doesn't exist.

Will the new Arma 2 beta patch be on the SIX network soon?
It is, now ;).

Heya, the folder should be no different than before:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin

Though, i've just released six-updater-web 0.12.5 which addresses BASE_PATH issue, possibly resolving your problem ;)

Please restart the gui to auto-update. Also, if the browser reports page not found, please try a refresh.

comparison @six updater gui: beta 36 on my machine, 37 in the web

... but pressing "execute" (action "install,update, process keys") doesn't lead to anything but the same screen, no new DOS-Box with the usual install-routine showing :confused:

six update v0.12.5, so uptodate

edit: my ACE = 344, so uptodate, too

comparison @six updater gui: beta 36 on my machine, 37 in the web

... but pressing "execute" (action "install,update, process keys") doesn't lead to anything but the same screen, no new DOS-Box with the usual install-routine showing :confused:

six update v0.12.5, so uptodate

edit: my ACE = 344, so uptodate, too

Waa, :o. Fixed in 0.12.6! :)

... updating 0.12.6

thx again, man :)

you're so damn fast, sickboy, there will come the time when you resolve people's issues BEFORE people post them ;)

EDIT: beta 37 on my machine, perfect

Edited by langgis08

Hi. I'd like to install the ACEmod on a separate partition were ArmA2 isn't installed.

I went to Configuration>Settings and changed the path to D:\A2

Problem is that Six-updater gives me "No-----------------------

Never mind. I am a dumbass and didn't create the folder. :)

Maybe it should be mentioned in the Wiki.

Does userconfigs have to be kept in the main ArmA2 installation folder?

you're so damn fast, sickboy, there will come the time when you resolve people's issues BEFORE people post them ;)

He just did:o... and probably not the first time.

Thanks Sickboy and ACE Team. Your work is legendary.

I have the GUI updated but when I access the console, it flashes once and then disappears.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest.

Help please.

Heya, the folder should be no different than before:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\tools\ruby\bin

Though, i've just released six-updater-web 0.12.5 which addresses BASE_PATH issue, possibly resolving your problem ;)

Please restart the gui to auto-update. Also, if the browser reports page not found, please try a refresh.

Removed everything six related and installed 0.12.6 and its working, thanks.

Magicbox? Can anyone explain to me how I get it to work now? I saw anderssen say it didn't work the other day, or whatever he said, and I see he wasn't kinding.

I didn't see anything here about it or in the changelog, except:

* Sys_weapons functions added to API, and renamed to main ACE_ functions. closes #9406

I'm thinking this is the cause of the set-up that used to be explained in the WAGN not working any more. I checked this API documentation but I have no clue what I was looking for. I couldn't see anything about it.

Any suggestions on how to use it now? What should this look like now?

ace_sys_weapons_lock set [0, false]; ace_sys_weapons_test = true;

Cause it isn't working any more. The ACE2_Demo doesn't seem to have the Magicbox working either. I was just in the middle of using it with testing a mission I'm about to release.

Edited by Manzilla

Strange unless I'm missing something in the list (which grows quite long) "ace_sys_weapons_test = true;" alone works well for me. Have not used that variable in combination with the weapons_lock variable, however.

;1599154']Open up the editor and place an empty Helo' date=' a HMMVEE, an ACE Rope box, and a player unit.

Place the Air Freight Elevator Module and sync it to the Helo.

Preview the mission.

Grab a Sling Rope from the box.

Go over to the Helo and scroll the action menu to "Replace Sling Ropes"

Once the ropes are on get in and hover the chopper over the HMMVEE. Once in position, you should see an option to lift the HMMVEE.

Good luck![/quote']

How come the Air Freight Elevator Module isnt listed in the Module list in editor? My Ver of Ace2 is 344.

Has this module been dropped for the time being?

Thanks.

Daza

Strange unless I'm missing something in the list (which grows quite long) "ace_sys_weapons_test = true;" alone works well for me. Have not used that variable in combination with the weapons_lock variable, however.

Are you using the most recent ACE2 version? That worked for me fine until yesterday's update and I haven't changed anything in the missions.

Magicbox? Can anyone explain to me how I get it to work now? I saw anderssen say it didn't work the other day, or whatever he said, and I see he wasn't kinding.

I didn't see anything here about it or in the changelog, except:

I'm thinking this is the cause of the set-up that used to be explained in the WAGN not working any more. I checked this API documentation but I have no clue what I was looking for. I couldn't see anything about it.

Any suggestions on how to use it now? What should this look like now?

Cause it isn't working any more. The ACE2_Demo doesn't seem to have the Magicbox working either. I was just in the middle of using it with testing a mission I'm about to release.

Yea the MagicBox is empty, nothing in it..But equipment can still be used.

I played BE.WF and all items can still be used there..So i guess theres

either something wrong with box or ACE team has done something with

it..

The box's simply broken atm, resolved in Friday's update :)

Tip; create a ticket next time so you will promptly know if it's a bug, design, or what-ever :D

Edited by Sickboy

;1617125']I played BE.WF

How do you do that? Since the last update it's missing some acex_veh_m2 and doesn't start for me.

Edit: restarted six installer, possibly fixed the problem

Edited by spangg

Havent said it in a while, but thank you SB and team for delivering the updates to us as well as the ever improved SixUpdater. Your work makes me humble thanks to the fact im getting this great and massive project delivered to my PC for nothing.

And the mod is ofcourse great. :)

Thank you.

to the fact im getting this great and massive project delivered to my PC for nothing.

And the mod is ofcourse great. :)

Thank you.

This is the most astounding part of it, and what many people refuse to realize. They do all this for free, amazing.

Thanks from me again as well. This Mod is epic. To all involved with ACE/ACE2 over the years, thank you.