Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Having major issues with updating myself. ACE rolled back from 334 to 330, although ACEX went fine. It worked ok for server doing a few minutes earlier.

Please disable the "KillTimeProductions" mirror for the time being (Under Configuration -> Mirrors) menu.

Then retry update.

Will hopefully be syncing fine again soon :)

In any case, please make sure the software always runs 'as administrator', and that the virtual store is clean of any arma mod files (incase of Win 7 / Vista).

PS: When using the GUI, with auto-skip enabled, you can never downgrade by accident as long as you're on the latest version already.

Edited by Sickboy

Can some one humor me with these two problems before I make a dev heaven post?

1. HEAT rounds for tanks appear to be completely useless for killing infantry. Firing into the middle of a group of 12 soldiers and you might kill the one in the middle, you can see the surrounding inf move (take slight injuries) from the explosion, but they don't die, even with multiple HEAT rounds. Is it supposed to be like that?

2. When I am prone, use the vectornite and load a battery, after switching back to my primary weapon my character stands up, takes out the vectornite again then takes out my primary weapon again. The main problem being the standing up part. I have no control over my player when this is happening. Is this a problem with the Arma2 engine or can it be fixed?

Thanks for the continued updates and support.

I love this mod, the only problem I had with the earlier releases was that you couldn't mount weapons very easily, now it's fixed and this mod is perfect :D

1. HEAT rounds for tanks appear to be completely useless for killing infantry. Firing into the middle of a group of 12 soldiers and you might kill the one in the middle, you can see the surrounding inf move (take slight injuries) from the explosion, but they don't die, even with multiple HEAT rounds. Is it supposed to be like that?

A while back in an ACE update there was an issue where all HEAT weapons were useless, from the FFAR's to the HEAT rounds from artillery when being fired on infantry. Vehicles were still vulnerable however, but from what I know they have been all fixed so I dunno what's going on with your end.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1606063&postcount=6

I see there is still a problem with ACE breaking basic ejection seat functionality.

For ejection seats to work in another addon's plane used with ACE, the plane has to either inherit a plane with ejection seats or define it itself, and it must be XEH compatible.

Looking at that F15 addon, it inherits class Plane, which doesn't have ejection seats.

If it'd inherited f. ex. class F35_base it would have an ejection seat since it's otherwise XEH compatible

Edited by VKing

A while back in an ACE update there was an issue where all HEAT weapons were useless, from the FFAR's to the HEAT rounds from artillery when being fired on infantry. Vehicles were still vulnerable however, but from what I know they have been all fixed so I dunno what's going on with your end.

hmm, yeah I remember reading some thing about that in one of the changelogs.

Well some thing is definitely up with this. I am up to date and have everything configured correctly, I have also seen other players fire HEAT at a group of inf online and the same effect (or lack there of). The only thing I can think of is the version of the mission hosted by the server may be causing it? Unlikely imo. HE bushmaster rounds for the M2A2 seem fine and M109 rounds. But M1 and styker HEAT rounds are borked.

That must be a recent problem. I remember eradicating clumps of infantry with HEAT-MP-T. I also just lined up a bunch of infantry against the side of the Utes control tower and one shot did for them all.

That's because HEAT shells are not concipated as anti personnel weapon. It's a High Explosive Anti Tank round, mainly used against tanks and apcs. Versus soft targets you should use either the HE-Frag or the Canister shell. ;)

Edited by King Homer

Looking at that F15 addon, it inherits class Plane, which doesn't have ejection seats.

Wrong. Addons that directly inherit from base class "plane" will have eject option inflight as usual unless ACE is installed.

So ACE breaks regular compatibility at this point. So saying the plane isn't ACE compatible is wrong, more correct would be: ACE isn't compatible to this (and many other) planes.

Wrong. Addons that directly inherit from base class "plane" will have eject option inflight as usual unless ACE is installed.

So ACE breaks regular compatibility at this point. So saying the plane isn't ACE compatible is wrong, more correct would be: ACE isn't compatible to this (and many other) planes.

Then you should report that on the tracker.

HEAT is not HE, it's meant to be used against armored targets, yes. But it still does make a decent explosion IRL, and while I don't have accurate data, I believe currently (in both vanilla Arma 2 and ACE) all HEAT rounds have a way too small kill radius. Direct the explosion as you wish, it's still a lot of explosive going boom - Even if it's not as effective as normal HE rounds, it probably shouldn't be *that* weak.

Of course, getting exact kill radius for HEAT rounds for various weapons is probably going to be a rather difficult task.

HEAT is not HE, it's meant to be used against armored targets, yes. But it still does make a decent explosion IRL, and while I don't have accurate data, I believe currently (in both vanilla Arma 2 and ACE) all HEAT rounds have a way too small kill radius. Direct the explosion as you wish, it's still a lot of explosive going boom - Even if it's not as effective as normal HE rounds, it probably shouldn't be *that* weak.

Of course, getting exact kill radius for HEAT rounds for various weapons is probably going to be a rather difficult task.

Multi-Purpose warheads as used on the M830A1 have a decent blast radius of about 10 m. That's how it is in ACE2 already.

Since the HEAT explosion is forced into a special direction without any blast fragments it's kill radius is pretty small in comparison to regular HE shells.

Edited by King Homer

Multi-Purpose warheads as used on the M830A1 have a decent blast radius of about 10 m. That's how it is in ACE2 already.

Since the HEAT explosion is forced into a special direction without any blast fragments it's kill radius is pretty small in comparison to regular HE shells.

This is all correct, however standing near within 5-10m or less, would probably knock you unconscious, or do other serious harm to your body, like overpressure effects on lung, ears, etc.

Thats why i suggested a while back the functionality, that you can get knocked unconscious from close explosions.

I think with ACE-Wounds enable some special effect should be created when close to a exploding heat-round, impacting HEAT Missle, etc...

I think with ACE-Wounds enable some special effect should be created when close to a exploding heat-round, impacting HEAT Missle, etc...

Agree :thumbsup:

This is all correct, however standing near within 5-10m or less, would probably knock you unconscious, or do other serious harm to your body, like overpressure effects on lung, ears, etc.

Thats why i suggested a while back the functionality, that you can get knocked unconscious from close explosions.

Perhaps a test mission would be useful. The HEAT rounds from both T-90 and M1A1 kill a dozen men lined up along a wall in my game. The trick is not to have the round fall short or vise versa, so shoot at a wall and see the lethality radius.

Perhaps a test mission would be useful. The HEAT rounds from both T-90 and M1A1 kill a dozen men lined up along a wall in my game. The trick is not to have the round fall short or vise versa, so shoot at a wall and see the lethality radius.

Just spawn the round above them and setVelocity at its terminal speed.

Thats what I did testing prox/nsb fuzes for arty rounds.

Hey how come map tools are no longer in the boxes? how do i get them?

there great to use for navigating and marking things like flight paths and personal waypoints etc.

Got a quick and simple question, with the addition of the flashlight now I can't seem to remove the center crosshair on the bulldozer controls. (Camera) When it used to be L to remove the crosshair it is now replaced with the flashlight. I looked through bulldozer controls and couldn't find the toggle crosshair control.

Hey how come map tools are no longer in the boxes? how do i get them?

there great to use for navigating and marking things like flight paths and personal waypoints etc.

Not sure where it would have been remove from.

If you want to use it and you can not find it in your boxes add it as a weapon to the players you want to have it.

this addWeapon "ACE_Map_Tools";

Hi all I need a fast reply im getting my mate into arma he is trying to install ACE2 but he has steam version will it work as he tryed to install it and it said

"no valid arma 2 installed"

He did say he installed six updater to a diff drive not the one with steam on.

Delete the clientregistry.blob in the Steam folder, restart steam and that should fix it

Got a quick and simple question, with the addition of the flashlight now I can't seem to remove the center crosshair on the bulldozer controls. (Camera) When it used to be L to remove the crosshair it is now replaced with the flashlight. I looked through bulldozer controls and couldn't find the toggle crosshair control.

Just use different unit without weapon with flaslight? or do "Removeallweapons this" on "cameraman's" init.