Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the six updater?

I get to the part where the webpage opens up, press execute, te second windows pops up, and then disappears...

I havent changed anything in the web page, and i see that i dont have the latest ACE build...

Please help....

Frustrated noob

Please see support section at the end: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite

If the updater window closes quickly, especially the six-updater.log and six-updater-error.log should be useful.

Do I have to use the AE units to enjoy the increased AI of ACE or do such AI changes effect the vanilla units as well ?. Reason I ask , using the new AE units , Im finding affects framerates significantly.

The new AE units probably have higher textures etc and thats why it might lag a bit extra. AI tweaks should span over all units AFAIK.

thanks....im finding the AI challenging to say the least. I like the way they engage from far off as well. Now If only I could hit something with the M249.....:p

Just click inside the Preset field and select ACE 2.

Described at http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download and http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite -> Documentation -> Installation.

Didn't think the video needed updating for such small detail, but will :)

Thanks for the help sickboy, I was a bit unclear what to do at that point, perhaps you could put some text into the field to guide users along such as 'select a download' as I don't often use the word preset whilst referring to a mod. I guess i didn't see it on the page you linked to as it was under ongoing development (i was looking for the stable release) but somehow i saw the URL :S.

I'm just trying to explain my train of thought, as i know how stupid people can appear when you're working on something (OMG why aren't they doing that, its right there :P).

Keep up the good work!

Am I correct that ace_wounds_prevtime only applies to Players and that if an AI goes into an unconscious state they will remain like that unless healed (i.e. they won't bleed out and die)?

Hi ACE Dev Team,

i have an ask about the HK416 Weapons,

will there be an version with an acog and eotech sight?

Thanks for information!

According to scuba's blog post on the ACE wagn, they're working on more 416 variants. Hopefully there will be some with ACOGs and EOTechs, but he did post a pic of one with a Shortdot :)

According to scuba's blog post on the ACE wagn, they're working on more 416 variants. Hopefully there will be some with ACOGs and EOTechs, but he did post a pic of one with a Shortdot :)

Thanks for the information, yeah the shortdots are cool indeed but i mostly fight over longer distance so an acog version would be superb!:bounce3:

Ah that's great! I'm kinda hoping the pimp out the SA58 a bit too :p

Why not some of those HK417 (with 7,62mm) variants as long range weapon and leave the HK416 (with 5,56mm) for grunts and CQB nerds? Thought the HK PSG1/MSG90(A1) would be better sniper rifles... :D

A silenced, scoped rifle with a GL would be nice to see eventually. A way to use the HuntIR rounds on a stealth mission where some long range shots are needed would be beautiful. For SP missions at least, not sure how much it's needed for MP but I know nothing about it.

I'll have to check for a ticket and create one if none are present.

Beautiful picture! Thanks for the update.

I dont know if it possible or it would have probably been done by now.

Is there not a way to allow mods to guns eg

G36 then i have an option of putting a silencer on it then i can choose what scope i want etc etc.

saves having all these types of rifles and trawling through the list (tho i do enjoy doing that hehe).

So really I mean customize your gun to what you see fit.

stk, afaik the engine does not allow for that - when you want to change anything with your weapon you have to change the whole weapon.

The functionality is inside ACE but there is no interface finished yet, making it kinda useless for the end-user.

It is done likewise to CQB mode switching, and indeed requires the whole weapon to be switched.

I dont know if it possible or it would have probably been done by now.

Is there not a way to allow mods to guns eg

G36 then i have an option of putting a silencer on it then i can choose what scope i want etc etc.

saves having all these types of rifles and trawling through the list (tho i do enjoy doing that hehe).

So really I mean customize your gun to what you see fit.

I've always wondered about that as well. I always thought it was beyond the engine's capabilities or something fancy like that but I have no clue at all. As you said, I'm thinking that something like that would've been made already as well but maybe we'll get a surprise one day.

That would be a sick thing to implement. Maybe BIS will add it to OA? Doubt but what a surprise that would be!

Im getting a Config error everytime i play as a radio message in yellow after updating.

What can i do to fix this?

The functionality is inside ACE but there is no interface finished yet, making it kinda useless for the end-user.

It is done likewise to CQB mode switching, and indeed requires the whole weapon to be switched.

Any theoretical solution for the infinite ammo bug?

I thought ARMA engine would not allow that as if it did would have been done by now tbh.

Any ways as normal great work ACE team it realy does add so much more to ARMA I love it.

I like sniping (apart from the crappy AI warping they cant fix by the looks of it) tho that is a BIS problem not ace.

Sitting 1000m away from a target with a range finder just does it for me tbh one shot one kill :)

Any theoretical solution for the infinite ammo bug?

What infinite ammo bug?

I've tried a few times now to get the laser designator to work like it does in vanilla arma but I'm having trouble and searching I find no info.

Used to be you just place a spoter and friendly air units look for the laser and target it. Now with the kestrel 4500 they just ignore it. I've tried syncing, grouping, manually telling them to target the laser, etc and no luck. I've given the command to target laser, engage laser. The helo will call out the laser as an enemy laser but will never shoot. It makes my old demo of the designator not work:confused:

The way it used to work

Any advice would be great as it's almost theraputic to watch shit explode where I point.

What infinite ammo bug?

It was mentioned somewhere that the "attachment" system was working, it switches the weapon to the desired one, but it gives you a brand new ( full ) magazine, so just taking away acogs, silencers and putting them again you get infinite ammo, so i was asking if there was any scripted workaround for this in the work or if the project was dumped :)

I'm not sure if i made myself clear tho

I'm also getting the "fnc_bmd_init.sqf not found" error at startup. I looked inside the acex_c_veh_bmd1.pbo file and the script is there and it appears to be named correctly and everything. I did a comparison to the original BMD1 release by OKB O915 and the file pathing is the same with the exeption that in the ACE version, fnc_bmd_init.sqf is in the "root" and the other scripts are in a \function folder, but on the original all of them are in the \scripts folder as well. Obviously this was a deliberate change, but would it have anything to do with the problem?.

So it's there, and the name matches, and I can't figure out why ArmA2 says it's not found. Any help? Did I miss someone saying this was a known bug? Sorry if I took up the space, but I searched first :D

P.S. The BMD still works (tried it in the editor), but it has a few glitches. When turned out, you can't move your head in 1st person. Also an unrelated bug: I'm getting no voices. Is this deliberate due to the ACEX sound mod? It sure makes tank commanding easy -- like driving the tank yourself! But it seems unrealistic.

Edited by McMick