Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, did a search but didnt find any results....

When flying the AH64 with ACE/ACE_X/ACE_SM/ACE_PLA I cant get the AI gunner to target nor select weapons properly. What am I doing wrong? :D

Mainly noticed during the EW campaign (works fine without ACE) and playing in the armory.

Is there a work around?

Beers in advance :cheers:

Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, did a search but didnt find any results....

When flying the AH64 with ACE/ACE_X/ACE_SM/ACE_PLA I cant get the AI gunner to target nor select weapons properly. What am I doing wrong? :D

Mainly noticed during the EW campaign (works fine without ACE) and playing in the armory.

Is there a work around?

Beers in advance :cheers:

CTRL + F to switch weapons and press 2 to select a target.

Is it possible to use the map tools to copy your map to an object?

For example. Mark up your map with map tools. Then "upload" it to the map board object in game. Then someone joins the server and goes to the map board and copies the map you "uploaded".

Also, can you change the colors of the "Map Tools" line? NM found it http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Edited by Two Dogs

CTRL + F to switch weapons and press 2 to select a target.

I can cycle the weapons using CTRL+F but the weapon selection never changes in the top right corner of the HUD, that always reads as hydras. When I change weapons the gunner reports (via the orange text) that he's switched between the cannon and AIM9L but not the hellfire or hydra. The gunner then procedes to only use cannon or AIM9L.

Whether I use TAB or the #2 menu he just wont target, even if he can plainly see the target 500m away.

The weapon cycling works properly if I select manual fire, cant really concentrate on flying and targetting at the same time though :(

I get the sound issue too, thats an inherant bug with ArmA2 as I get it with the default game. Its a "hardware incompatibility" that BIS still haven't fixed despite numerous patches claiming to have done so. The underwater background scene is an odd one though. Does it do this when you first start the game, or is it after you've played a particular island in the editor or an SP mission. If its when the game first starts, I'm not sure what the issue is, however if its after playing a specific island, its probably just due to that island not having any "intro animations" setup in its config or whatever and would be a bug with that island, not with ACE.

I managed to fix problem it was the line: world empty fault!

Thanks to *Robalo_AS

Im glad that sound issue is BIS fault not my pc since I already blamed my PC to be crap machine to play Arma 2 and now I see even more that ARMA 2 is crap.:D

I can cycle the weapons using CTRL+F but the weapon selection never changes in the top right corner of the HUD, that always reads as hydras. When I change weapons the gunner reports (via the orange text) that he's switched between the cannon and AIM9L but not the hellfire or hydra. The gunner then procedes to only use cannon or AIM9L.

Whether I use TAB or the #2 menu he just wont target, even if he can plainly see the target 500m away.

The weapon cycling works properly if I select manual fire, cant really concentrate on flying and targetting at the same time though :(

You've seen this right? Very helpful. My apologies if you have.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Check the 3rd page of the Features section, under Missile Guidance Improvements-> howto.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Manzilla

Meant was the howto of: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements ("In case of AI gunner, player pilot")

located in the Feature subsection of Documentation :).

How the hell do I just link to a single documentation subject like that? That's twice now I've had to post the link to the Documentation section and explain how to get there.

Sorry for my stupidity Sickboy and thanks for posting the exact location.

EDIT:

Nevermind bud, I figured it out.

Yay!!! An ACE2 Russian Heli!!! Love the MT guys.

Edited by Manzilla

I always update regardless so unfortunately I'm not the best person to ask. :)

A.C.E. 1.0 Update #6 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

could you explain me what is that : AH-1W empty lod ~added: shaking inside Cobras and Little Birds [zGuba] i don't understand shaking inside cobras ! sorry

could you explain me what is that : AH-1W empty lod ~added: shaking inside Cobras and Little Birds [zGuba] i don't understand shaking inside cobras ! sorry

we're in for a wild ride?

I think it basically means that flying in this will have a little shake while in 1st person view. So it's not so level/tight. An immersion thing I believe.

I hope that's what it is, sounds fun to me.

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.329

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

Update 6 was hotfixed.

CBA build 91

ACE build 330

ACEX build 218

Resolves issues with initialization, mostly on server.

AH-1W empty lod ~added: shaking inside Cobras and Little Birds [zGuba]

Definatelly sounds great. :) Should shake slightly when those rotors flappin around hehe.

Thanks for the update ACE. :thumb:

Interrogative: in the advent of the release of the next stable version, will be created a new topic?

Im trying to stick with the stables only and sometimes I can´t keep up with the topic..

server is updated to 330 but still says its running 329.

hey guys, especialy the legends who make this wicked mod, is there any chance of a CheyTac Intervention m-200 with the .408 cheytac round (both m-200 and m-200 SD) in an up coming version? there are a few downloadable ones from armaholic, but they arent all that good (iv had a few problems with them, missing files, no bipod or ajustable scope), and you cant use them online it would be a great addition to the already awesome line up of rifles in the game

also while im on the subject how about the .416 barrett round (and a rifle that fires it like the m82a1 .416)

just putting it out there

cheers again for a great game!

hey guys, especialy the legends who make this wicked mod, is there any chance of a CheyTac Intervention m-200 with the .408 cheytac round (both m-200 and m-200 SD) in an up coming version? there are a few downloadable ones from armaholic, but they arent all that good (iv had a few problems with them, missing files, no bipod or ajustable scope), and you cant use them online it would be a great addition to the already awesome line up of rifles in the game

also while im on the subject how about the .416 barrett round (and a rifle that fires it like the m82a1 .416)

just putting it out there

cheers again for a great game!

Put requests in there proper place. The devs ignore it here.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

And check this out to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of the ACE2 Mod.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Welcome and enjoy.