Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

*puts on flame retardant cloak*

Checked your virtualstore?

C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore - Could have files hidden in there that are being used, you should delete these if you find any ace files.

Not sure about the error message but about the userconfig thing, have you updating the files in the userconfig/ace with the newest files from the @ACE/store/userconfig.rar archive? I'm assuming you have the .hpps in the main A2 directory's userconfig/ace folder and you are editing those?

The best place to get information is here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Just in case you haven't seen it before I recommend checking it out and bookmarking it. It has everything about ACE2 one could imagine.

Also, did you check here for info about the error you receive?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

If it's a know error it will be here. Not sure if it's been reported though, if not you may want to do it.

Good luck. Hopefully you get everything working.

Virtual Store Grrrr!

Deleted everything in their, everythings fixed, no more error on map start and no more issues with userconfig - Bally and gasmask now work

Fantastic!

Thanks Dood

Yes manzilla, I was, thanks for the pointer and reply though

Virtual Store Grrrr!

Deleted everything in their, everythings fixed, no more error on map start and no more issues with userconfig - Bally and gasmask now work

Fantastic!

Thanks Dood

Yes manzilla, I was, thanks for the pointer and reply though

Glad it worked :) enjoy

Any idea how to lock on someone else's laser with my hellfires? Currently no matter what I try it keeps saying "no lock, switching to LOAL" and then automatically finds that laser and hits it, however I probably should be able to actually choose which laser target to lock on if they are all in my view, as with LOAL it could pick one that I may not want to shoot.

You can't choose which laser target to attack with LOAL mode hellfires, as the missile will detect and engage the lasers by itself at a predetermined point of the flight path.

The only way to have control over which laser the missile will hit in LOAL mode is to control over how many lasers are active in a target area.

Any idea how to lock on someone else's laser with my hellfires? Currently no matter what I try it keeps saying "no lock, switching to LOAL" and then automatically finds that laser and hits it, however I probably should be able to actually choose which laser target to lock on if they are all in my view, as with LOAL it could pick one that I may not want to shoot.

As far as I know Hellfires can not do that. LOBL works in conjunction with the datalink on the pylon giving it instruction which designator to seek on. In real life you would only have one person in the target area lasing for LOAL. Laser discipline is important.

has anyone had any crashes to decktop lately..???

today i tried to play on different servers but for some reason the game crashes after a few minutes...

EDIT

nevermind i think it was my @addons folder was named almost the same as the standard addons folder that caused the problem..

renamed it and didnt crash anymore...

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

No CTD's for me. Matter of fact, I haven't had any for as long as I can remember. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Good luck.

I shouldn't say anything but I haven't had a CTD in a long time either. Knock on wood.

Is it possible to make an AI gunner guide the hellfires and change the missile modes?

Since, I play Warfare a lot, West/Blufor side gunships have became kinda useless with AI gunners not being able to guide them. (Or at least turn on the laser and guide the missile)

I shouldn't say anything but I haven't had a CTD in a long time either. Knock on wood.

I forgot to add that. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

AI Gunners control should control hellfires fine with player as Pilot, or full AI helicopter.

See the howto at: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements

I've had great experiences with the AI gunners and hellfires. Much better then vanilla A2.

As far as I know Hellfires can not do that. LOBL works in conjunction with the datalink on the pylon giving it instruction which designator to seek on. [...]

That's a good enough explanation then :thumbsup:

I don't have a right windows key on my keyboard but I do have a left one.

I assume that you can go into the acekeys.config and change the key but what do I change it to or how do I remap it to my left windows key? I don't recognize the symbol that is the default right windows key.

WINL = 220

WINR = 219

change class ace_sys_interaction @userconfigs\ace_keys.

I have a really weird keyboard mapping setup. Am I going to have problems with alt, ctrl, shift, and the left mouse button being re-mapped?

I always have enemy AI dismouting vehicles when under fire..what can be causing this? plz help

-nosplash -map=empty -mod=@MISC;x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@opx;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@GL4;@Extra;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.4;@ACEX_SM;@CSM2

Got a chance to test ACE a little bit more and the "new" (dont know wich version it came) injury simulation is superb! The red flashes for bleeding (old effect) and the new blur flashing in and out when in pain (morphine fixes it) is great. :)

Good stuff.

Got a chance to test ACE a little bit more and the "new" (dont know wich version it came) injury simulation is superb! The red flashes for bleeding (old effect) and the new blur flashing in and out when in pain (morphine fixes it) is great. :)

Good stuff.

I still haven't noticed this but I'll definitely check it out now. I was wondering what the new changes were all about. The wound system is one of my favorite parts of this mod good to hear there's more development going on.

ACE 2 team I have question about strange problem that is occuring to me when comming into game main screen. I get "underwater" background scene playing. I have instaled all pack's acording to readme file. Or I have made something wrong? And I'm also geting mute sound ocasionaly when lots of soldiers are shooting? I hope it aint double post where you have discused this already. Thx.

ACE 2 team I have question about strange problem that is occuring to me when comming into game main screen. I get "underwater" background scene playing. I have instaled all pack's acording to readme file. Or I have made something wrong? And I'm also geting mute sound ocasionaly when lots of soldiers are shooting? I hope it aint double post where you have discused this already. Thx.

I get the sound issue too, thats an inherant bug with ArmA2 as I get it with the default game. Its a "hardware incompatibility" that BIS still haven't fixed despite numerous patches claiming to have done so. The underwater background scene is an odd one though. Does it do this when you first start the game, or is it after you've played a particular island in the editor or an SP mission. If its when the game first starts, I'm not sure what the issue is, however if its after playing a specific island, its probably just due to that island not having any "intro animations" setup in its config or whatever and would be a bug with that island, not with ACE.

ACE 2 team I have question about strange problem that is occuring to me when comming into game main screen. I get "underwater" background scene playing. I have instaled all pack's acording to readme file. Or I have made something wrong?

Wild guess, do you have "-world=empty" in your shortcut line ? That would do it and it's no problem if you do, also not ACE related.

WINL = 220

WINR = 219

change class ace_sys_interaction @userconfigs\ace_keys.

Thank you I will try that today! :)