Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

And copy to clipboard?

Noted, and Added :)

I figured it's probably engine limitations, I was just explaining why when you put the "400m mark" on the target in-game you actually hit lower.

Wow, I come back to playing OFP/Armed Assault after 4 years and this is the level of work that people are up to, sweet!

I can't seem to understand how rucksacks work for the life of me though

Noted, and Added :)

Thanks for doing that also. Whoa I didn't realize this much stuff has been added into ACE2/ACEX. I've pretty much used it all but the new class list makes a big visual statement. Too bad some people don't look at this, realize there's already so much stuff you guys have added and just be thankful for that. ;) :rofl:

Good stuff fellas! Just gotta throw in another thanks for good measure!

Wow, I come back to playing OFP/Armed Assault after 4 years and this is the level of work that people are up to, sweet!

I can't seem to understand how rucksacks work for the life of me though

Just equip one, then hit g to access to gear menu. Next click on something in one of your weapons/ammo/gear slot.(just once and anything but the pack itself)

Now look at the bottom of the gear menu and look for the "Pack" button. Press that and you'll see the gear/ammo/weapon now appear in the empty space that was on the bottom right left of the gear menu. It will look just like the gear list above it. The one that you use to move the gear from the crate/ground to the player. It works just the same.

Look here under Rucksacks:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Feature

I have a question about team switching in ACE. Mainly the question applies to wounded during single player.

I am playing SP right now and I was a pilot that somehow got knocked unconscious. Is there any way to be able to use team switch when things like this happen?

So far as long as you are awake and not wounded I can team switch whenever I want. But when injured I can't. It might be in the vanilla game too, however wounding doesn't take so long.

Being SP i want to be able to get a medic to me and make sure my team takes cover and continues on mission. While I am knocked out, they only manage to die by the time I wake up.

Thanks

What level of single player funtionality does the ACE 2 mod have? Obviously I'm not going to find a Bradley in the campaign, but will deployable bipods, wind meters, etc... still be available for use?

There is more than just injuries that don't work well with team switching. Some ACE post processing effects and other features (like ear ringing) carry on when you team switch. Would be a nice thing to get better team switch compatibility in ACE.

Other than some minor team switching issues, everything in ACE should work just fine in SP AFAIK, but of course some features need to actually be activated/used by the mission. For example you won't get the ACE wounding system if the mission does not include the module nor would you find bradleys, HK-416s or rucksacks, again unless that mission is already an ACE mission. In any case, that issue is the same in MP missions that don't use ACE...

What level of single player funtionality does the ACE 2 mod have? Obviously I'm not going to find a Bradley in the campaign, but will deployable bipods, wind meters, etc... still be available for use?

What do you mean? It's overall SP functionality or just for the campaign? Yes the campaign wont have much ACE2 functionality simply because it wasn't made for ACE2, but the same goes for MP. If the missions aren't made or converted to use with ACE2 then most ACE2 stuff will not be available. But if you make missions or open up existing missions in the Editor tweak them to use ACE2(i.e. add certain crates, AE Modules, etc.) then SP functionality is super. Pretty much everything in ACE2 works perfectly in SP missions.(I'm sure there's a few things that don't but I don't know any of hand.)

Just take a look at all the SP missions made specifically made for ACE2. I made a bunch but they do need to be updated to incorporate all the recent changes ACE2 made. My missions worked perfectly with older ACE2 versions but not the newer ones. That's my fault though, I've been gone most of this year. Can't say when I'll updated them, maybe tomorrow maybe never. I just gotta see how much time and motivation I have. I'm working on 3 new SP missions at the moment so the existing ones have taken a serious backseat.

Either way ACE2 works fantastic in SP, they just need to be made with ACE2 in mind. But the same goes for any MP mission as well.

Take care.

You can request whatever you desire. I'd suggest making sure there isn't already a request ticket for the rifle-with-a-comfy-jacket(i.e. XM25 system). I can't remember for sure but if it has already been requested you could see what the reply by the devs was.

But if it hasn't been ticketed by all means please put it up. I'd vote on it for sure. That would be damn fun to have the air-burst! Good call. Not sure if the devs will consider it but it's worth the shot.

Take care.

Stupid question. I never tested this mod. Does it fix bugs or AI, or is it just to add new stuff like weapons and realism?

You can request whatever you desire. I'd suggest making sure there isn't already a request ticket for the rifle-with-a-comfy-jacket(i.e. XM25 system). I can't remember for sure but if it has already been requested you could see what the reply by the devs was.

But if it hasn't been ticketed by all means please put it up. I'd vote on it for sure. That would be damn fun to have the air-burst! Good call. Not sure if the devs will consider it but it's worth the shot.

Take care.

All done - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9811

Thanks for the heads up, I had a good luck in your issue database and didn't come across it.

It can't really "fix bugs" but it does seem to work around a few, but in any case the main thing is adding things and enhancing realism.

when using six updater to create a desktop shortcut, it puts @CBA last in the mod list instead of first. i understand it should be first per the instructions here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download#What%20mod%20order%20should%20I%20use%20for%20ACE?

sorry for reporting it here instead of DH, but i really did not want to create a login just for that.

Does it have AI tweaks?

Do people know how to read the info posted? ;)

Do people know how to read the info posted? ;)

Not if it's more than 1 line.

For those asking SO many questions about what is in the mod.

1 - DOWNLOAD MOD

2- INSTALL MOD

3 - USE MOD

4 - ASSESS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF MOD

5 - ALIGN SAID S/W WITH PERSONAL WANTS/NEEDS

6 - MAKE DECISION IF YOU WANT TO USE IT PERMANENTLY

If (6 == "NO") then

{

{

Run_Uninstall

};

Else

{

Enjoy_Mod && Help_Community

};

};

:p P.s. That is meant to be java syntax not Arma 2... but I am mega rusty :D

Not if it's more than 1 line.

Yeah I figured that so I kept that post to one line just in case. ;)

*puts on flame retardant cloak*

Am using the v1.0 stable release - I keep encountering the following error on every start up

arma22010-03-1621-54-43-66.jpg

It happens every time I go into an editor map, every time I join a i/net server map, just everytime, its getting tedious.

I used the updater previously, however, my squad is using the stable release for MP co-op games so as to not keep updating the server all the time (admin just can't be bothered, which is fair does, its his server :D)

anywho, am wondering if theirs some residual files on my vista machine that are maybe causing this error. I deleted the six updater created addon folders from ACE, ACEX, ACEX_PLA and CBA to make way for the stable release downloable packs.

Have tried un-installing and re-installing arma, but, no effect, d/loading the stable release from different sources, same effect.

Also, user config thing is plaguing me, I am editing the userconfig\ace2\ace_user_config.hpp with my profile name, however, still not able to use gas masks and balaclavas, but, did work when I used the SiX updater configs

I have searched through some pages of this thead, but, couldn't find anything specific to the above. If somebody could point me in the right direction or to the post that would resolve that'd be Great!

Many thanks

*btw, I love ACE, its sick ^^