Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

As I mentioned, I did remove the config and all that (as ask of the uninstaller). Sorry if this was misunderstud.

No Six-Updater in the App. data exist after the uninstallment. However, I was able to find a ".gem" and ".ri", I suppose these might be the cause of the problem.

I will try to attempt a new installation after removing .gem and .ri out of my Application Data folder.

EDIT:

Unsuccessful reinstallation. I'm quite sure I saw a existing ticket about this. I will take a look.

Edited by colossus

Nevermind, I guess it's not in there anymore. The wiki doesn't exist anymore(WAGN now) so the wiki folder is gone.

There was an archive in the @ACE/store folder that was called wiki. There were class name lists in there once upon a time.

Edited by Manzilla

I am having trouble utilizing some of the devices in ACE at this current version. If anyone has any issues with the following items or perhaps could enlighten me on their correct usage that would be great;

M4SLAM and M2SLAM;

Both of these have no model when placed. As when satchels or mines are placed, also this does not have a detinate or time setting option, or an option to pick it up. I tried driving a vehicle over them (or where I thought I placed them but nothing happened so I assume the magnetic trigger is not working either?).

Spotting scope;

I get in the spotting scope as gunner with no problem, but am not able to look through the scope.

Laser Range finder;

Reload a battery, look through, left click to turn on the laser with a little green circle, but after that nothing happens. It seems to only have a similar use of the Laser designator as nothing is displayed showing a range.

Can anyone comment or confirm these error for me?]

Thanks,

Mike.

I...

Im using the 1.0 Stable version, everything here is fine.

SLAM: Im not able to find it in any crate and via "addweapon" it says that the object couldnt be found, I thinks its no more in the mod. But I might be wrong.

But operating with the C4 might be the same: Place the C4, look at it (might be tricky), take safety off, Blow off (in case of tripwire it will arm in 5 secs)

Scope: Press Num 0. Same thing to use the ironsights with some of the static weapons.

Range Finder: Is that the Vector 21B? Worked fine here,make sure you picked the right bateries! 2CR5! then select the weapon, load bateries ("R") and it´s done. Azimut + Range.

Im using the 1.0 Stable version, everything here is fine.

SLAM: Im not able to find it in any crate and via "addweapon" it says that the object couldnt be found, I thinks its no more in the mod. But I might be wrong.

But operating with the C4 might be the same: Place the C4, look at it (might be tricky), take safety off, Blow off (in case of tripwire it will arm in 5 secs)

Scope: Press Num 0. Same thing to use the ironsights with some of the static weapons.

Range Finder: Is that the Vector 21B? Worked fine here,make sure you picked the right bateries! 2CR5! then select the weapon, load bateries ("R") and it´s done. Azimut + Range.

I couldn't see it as well. Hmmm I'll have to look again though and check the missions I'm using it in.

Everything else worked the same as always.

When it comes to switching seats, I didn't mean that realism shouldn't be brought where it can be, just that enforcing arbitrary limitations is not the solution. For example you can probably jump from the front seat of a humvee to the gunner's seat in a matter of seconds even while driving (though again I agree it should be seconds and not instant, but then again we do lack the animations anyway). Some vehicles might still need the kind of treatment that most relevant armored vehicles got already, though I can't remember of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure the ACE team will get to them sooner or later. In any case, whatever is done should not be done on a global basis to all vehicles, but rather be vehicle-specific and suit that specific vehicle correctly to represent what it would be like to swap seats in it IRL.

For those who insist on using vehicles that by themselves even though the vehicle is meant to be used by a crew, that's what vanilla is for. If you're in single player, you can always make all the crew playable and team switch, or even in multiplayer the mission maker can make respawn=SIDE; in description.ext and thus allow you to change to any playable AI sitting in any other slot.

They've done a damn good job thus far with the seat switching in some of the armored vehicles and the car class also. Admittedly I haven't tested this at all. I'm just working off my memory of the most often used vehicles in my missions. There's probably a some/many that could be tweaked(no idea) but I really like how they've limited the switch-ability in the M1A1's and a some others I've played with often.

Although I play SP only and the old switching was nice considering the AI can often be reta*&ed, I like how ACE2 has it now. It always kinda bugged me that I could easily switch to gunner from driver in the M1A1 when I was getting ambushed, etc. It's not that I was tempted to switch and couldn't help myself but I always seemed to accidentally switch to the gunner and f*%# everything up. In ACE2 that's wiped out and it's just those small, basically meaningless corrections I really enjoy about this Mod.

But again, we should take this conversation to the DH bug/request tracker. I'll definitely add my input there and my vote as well.(Forgive me if it's already there. I've yet to check and was going to after this post.)

By the way Sickboy, etc... This mod just doesn't stop extending A2's lifetime on my PC. BIS really needs to thank you guys in a considerable way. I'm sure many others are in the same boat. Congrats to BIS but big ups to ya'll! An ever evolving masterpiece! :coop:

The new Comp M3 scope is awesome. Could it replace the other CCOs on the ACE weapons? It's so much easier to aim through.

I'd prefer if switching seats took some time, SOME not massive amounts. A good time would be this:

The time it takes someone to quickly move between those positions.

I'd bet if you were trained and able-bodied you could switch in about 3-4 seconds.

* This isn't something that's tacked on, or an artificial limitation designed to corral the player, it's a realistic constraint, this is the same as reloading your gun, in fact, you switch (or SHOULD) less often than you reload magazines.

"I'd bet if you were trained and able-bodied"

Yeah and im sure (hope) thats what soldiers are. :)

Quick switching isnt that cool. I even miss ACE1 14s startup time (with startup engine sound) on tanks.

I have a quastion, what the new vehicles did you add for ACE 2??? For Russia, i want the MRLS Smerch! or Topol-M for USA the RAH-66 Commanche high quality model or YF-23 Black Widow of YF-22 Raptor these very great birds will come for ACE2???

I have a quastion, what the new vehicles did you add for ACE 2??? For Russia, i want the MRLS Smerch! or Topol-M for USA the RAH-66 Commanche high quality model or YF-23 Black Widow of YF-22 Raptor these very great birds will come for ACE2???

Why are you asking this question again? Sickboy, one of the Devs, already answered you the first time. Check out the first post and look at the various links... First, they don't take requests via these forums. If you want to make some then add a ticket at the DH site, that's where the devs look at/consider things. Second, it's not in the goals and scope of ACE2 to add many vehicles. If you want these different Russian assets then either you need to learn how to make them yourself and provide it to ACE2 or you need to bug some other Russian content makers to make it for ACE2.

Either way, your question has already been answered by a dev.

EDIT:

Here it is, right after your post on page 55.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1597042&postcount=543

Comp3 scopes... wow! Saw them just now and hot damn they are well done. Small dots with bright red color. It just gets better and better. :)

About the M320 aiming device on the HK's - shouldnt the distance markers be the other way around? I didnt even bother to look it up - i know, im a douche. But aiming for the highest (longest) is pointing the weapon more down into the ground and vice versa. Maybe its just eye candy anyway hehe. Note: Im not complaining. It was just a thaught that struck me while toying with those babes. :)

Thanks ACE team for the greatness.

As far as I can tell the sight is the same problem as the M203 sight - You're aiming at 150m and you can't adjust it. To actually aim at a different range IRL you'd place the front sight in the appropriate rear sight aperture. If you just place the rear sight to point at the target while ignoring the front sight (which is what you're probably trying to do in game), of course it'll adjust your aim in the opposite direction. Again, this is the same problem as the M203.

Download America's Army 3 for free off of steam, they got the M320 sights done correctly.

Download America's Army 3 for free off of steam, they got the M320 sights done correctly.

Yeah but everything else is broken :D

.... Simple question. In the latest version of ACE has the stamnia been made an option or adjustable through the admin console?

Trying my best to get the latest updates here using six.

Having some problems though..Everytime i hit EXECUTE

the GAME starts..Ehhh

Everything is marked like the tut video..

EDIT: Seems i had the Install, Update and Start game

Chosing Install or Update but nothing happens.

In game i have 316 version.

What am i doing wrong.

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Dynamic class lists updated: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

@Andersson: You cannot update the Stable release, unless it originally was installed by Six Updater. (The actual Updater output tells you)

In this case, either wait for the next stable release (2 months), or rename @ACE to @ACE_1.0 etc, and install the latest version over Six Updater.

@ChiefRedCloud:

You can disable the Stamina system since forever: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Stamina (Coding notes)

there's been a lot of fixes and improvements over time aswell, plus an issue resolved that could cause double killed events, possibly doubling up on weight every respawn etc ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the updated class name lists bud. I was just trying to put one together but it takes me much longer then you.

About the M320 aiming device on the HK's - shouldnt the distance markers be the other way around? I didnt even bother to look it up - i know, im a douche. But aiming for the highest (longest) is pointing the weapon more down into the ground and vice versa. Maybe its just eye candy anyway hehe. Note: Im not complaining. It was just a thaught that struck me while toying with those babes. :)

As far as I can tell the sight is the same problem as the M203 sight - You're aiming at 150m and you can't adjust it. To actually aim at a different range IRL you'd place the front sight in the appropriate rear sight aperture. If you just place the rear sight to point at the target while ignoring the front sight (which is what you're probably trying to do in game), of course it'll adjust your aim in the opposite direction. Again, this is the same problem as the M203.

On RL Grenadelaunchers, you keep your view horizontal and move the weapon in you shoulder so the ladder shows you the correct distance while the front part keeps on the eyeline. Thats not possible in ArmA due to its engine limitation. Workarounds modelwise would require a huge effort in all aspects.

With ACE, you are able to adjust your ranges with "CTRL + Num 0", "Arrow Up" and "Arrow Down".

Thanks for the updated class name lists bud. I was just trying to put one together but it takes me much longer then you.

Haha, no worries :)

Dev Blog entry on Classlists, bloody classlists!

Basically the idea is that you pick the weapons you want classnames from, and hit the "Describe player" action,

this will show you the current unit class, vehicle (incase unit is inside a vehicle), and the current weapons and magazines classes.

And copy to clipboard?