Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Is it possible to add a delay when switching positions inside vehicles? So instead of instantly going from driver to gunner, it could take 10-15 seconds or perhaps even longer, depending on the vehicle - Is that possible to code in?

Is it possible to add a delay when switching positions inside vehicles? So instead of instantly going from driver to gunner, it could take 10-15 seconds or perhaps even longer, depending on the vehicle - Is that possible to code in?

That would be horrible and I'd vote against this. Many of of us that play on our own swap positions as we see fit and that kind of long delay would make switching a game-enjoyment killer.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

I've got it !

@Manzilla: thx for your interest in my problem, mate !

the problem was that I've ALWAYS been playing ace2 together with the beta-patch (the link on my desktop has always started arma2.exe from the beta-folder) and I (shame on me) didn't recognized until now (yes, I know, I could have looked down right for the arma2-version number :o ) ... so the whole chaos this evening wasn't for nothing, at least.

Finally, I got the clue by starting all ace2-mods via arma-launcher and not from my desktop-link -> and !!!surprise!!! ace2 + EW = :bounce3:

so I tried more and even ace2 + EW + rah66-mod = :bounce3:

conclusions for me: ace2 + arma2@1.05 = :yay:

but ace2 + arma2@beta-patch = :eek:

good night ...

Wait a sec... you're not supposed to use CAE with the beta patch? I thought it was just the opposite? The beta patch foxed a LOT of issues for me.

^^ That info makes me confused as well. Just last night i played ACE with beta launch and i had no problems.

??

The confusion I believe is that EW doesn't work well with the Beta Patch, as opposed to ACE :D

[63164] Changed: Removed relics from dynamic building destruction development, including scripting function deleteCollection.

That would be horrible and I'd vote against this. Many of of us that play on our own swap positions as we see fit and that kind of long delay would make switching a game-enjoyment killer.

But this isn't Battlefield, it's ArmA.

But this isn't Battlefield, it's ArmA.

Can't you guys take this to the bug tracker/vote/request feature at DH? I'll vote for it if you do. The devs ain't gonna even look at suggestions here so it won't go anywhere except back and forth unless you post it at DH. It's a valid suggestion but it would be more productive at DH so we can all vote on it and the ACE2 devs can take note of it.

Just a thought.

in the end, this game is supposed to be fun. placing a 15 second delay on switching seats might please you , but it would be just the opposite for me.

Go ahead and place the ticket so I can vote NO.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

why would you need a delay like that...

if there was animations switching th positions, ok, but just a 15 sec delay is stupid in my eyes.

Because does it make sense, in a modification that is so realism based that you can switch from the drivers seat to the gunners position instantly? Of course you'd need a delay to mimic the time between getting out of your seat, change position etc. would also add a lot to the realism as too many vehicle players use vehicles in in Battlefield - Just solo the thing and insta-change position. And don't get too hung up on 15 seconds, I made a loose suggestion of 10-15, it could very well be shorter. They just have to eliminate the Battlefield-syndrome.

And no, you don't need an animation as most things in ArmA II doesn't have a proper animation, then you can't except something like this to have.

I'd even appreciate it, if it could be done client side as it's a massive problem right now imo.

AFAIK currently in ACE in vehicles where it is relevant (aka where IRL it is not physically possible to do otherwise) you have to hop out of the vehicle completely to swap seats. But something like moving from commander to gunner seat is not something that should take 15 seconds, especially if you're only 1 guy in there, as in most MBTs the commander sits right behind the gunner.

ACE 2 install runs ok the only thing i encountered i also installed SLX that seems to give some errors one surten actions like talking to sivics for some reason there is no command voice acting anymore also.

maybe i still do it wrong but i played the ace 2 now without SLX for some moment and the voice acting command relay dusnt work.

________ onther question just out of ceriousety is there a total replacement pack for ARMA II like OFP int the days ? FFUR or something like that?

AFAIK currently in ACE in vehicles where it is relevant (aka where IRL it is not physically possible to do otherwise) you have to hop out of the vehicle completely to swap seats. But something like moving from commander to gunner seat is not something that should take 15 seconds, especially if you're only 1 guy in there, as in most MBTs the commander sits right behind the gunner.

First off, stop getting caught up in the 15 seconds! And no, some vehicles the swap time isn't significant but there are still vehicles where you can move from Gunner > Driver > Command instantly and no matter how you twist or turn it, it can't be done instantly and should require at least a 'change position' time.

The number of times where I've played against a mate and he's done the insta-swap in an armoured vehicle alone are countless, an a 10 or even 5 second delay would have changed the outcome of every one of those situations.

I think the people who truly care about realism and not playing this game as a souped up Battlefield game will see, why this would be a very relevant change.

I've completely stopped doing armoured vehicle missions, where the player has access to 'em just because of this, it can turn a great gaming session into a pile of crap when someone uses that 'exploit' as I'd call it.

Actually, ACE already limits you in certain armored vehicles from swapping, without going outside the vehicle first. What version are you referring at, and which vehicles?

What about no switching while moving instead of a delay that would never be perfect without tailoring it to every vehicle?

It's nice the way it is. Sure it could use some work but I think there's more pressing matters. I'd vote on it if someone opened a ticket, I'll go check now.

If devs choose to implement this, I think this should be up to mission designer if he/she wants this enabled or not. This may become pretty much annoying and in my opinion unnecessary though I understand its coop enforcing ability.

Verry impresive! Keep up the great work! Hi from Ukraine!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

But i have a quastion what the new vehicles do you create for ACE 2??? For USA and Russia, i want the MRLS Smerch! or Topol-M for us and for you the RAH-66 Commanche high quality model or YF-23 Black Widow of YF-22 Raptor these very great birds will come for ACE2???

Tnx :)

Please have a look at: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Overview

Specifically "Goals and Scope".

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

A.C.E. 1.0 Update #5 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

Don't forget to take a peak at Scubaman's latest Dev Blog Entry

Edited by Sickboy

hi all,

thx for your responses and excuse me for confusing you a little ... but:

I've just finished testing all over again and here are my results in a little matrix:

Running ArmA2 (1.05)

with following combinations:

beta|ACE|EW ok?

===============

NO|NO|YES

YES|NO|NO

NO|YES|YES

YES|YES|NO

ergo: like Sickboy said: the problem is the beta-patch, it doesn't seem to accept EW - at least on my system.

(Harvest Red, Multiplayer, SingleMissions, Scenarios ... everything OK @all constellations mentioned in the matrix).

Am I the only one out there :) with that specific problem ?

OK, I can play EW with ACE, that's most important :) !

Hoping for 1.06, then ...

Weird, still after uninstalling Six Updater 0.8.1 and installing 0.8.3, I still get the same "undefined method 'each' for False: FalseClass " error.

I did remove config and all that in the process so it shouldn't be an effect from previous versions. Post 169 - My previous problem (then 0.8.1)

Firewall had accepted Six Updater's internet request on first attempt and disabled completely on the second attempt.

Best...update...ever

:yay::yay::yay:

One of them for sure. Love the new weapons!!!

Thanks again guys!

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.327

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

Weird, still after uninstalling Six Updater 0.8.1 and installing 0.8.3, I still get the same "undefined method 'each' for False: FalseClass " error.

I did remove config and all that in the process so it shouldn't be an effect from previous versions. Post 169 - My previous problem (then 0.8.1)

Firewall had accepted Six Updater's internet request on first attempt and disabled completely on the second attempt.

Please try manual removal of the database and configuration files

If still issues, please create a bug report with mentioned logfiles etc.

Edited by Sickboy