Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

If it's set to fixed, it should already be included in the latest devbuild.

If it's not, let us know in the specific ticket.

It was broken for me and now fixed with the latest update.

Are there really no flashlights for any russian weapons ?

I'm not really sure where to ask these kinds of questions, and I couldn't find an answer in the documentation, so my first question is where am I supposed to ask such specific questions that aren't exactly relevant to this megathread?

Secondly, to the actual question: What are the locality requirements for the ACE_Sys_Ruck_fnc_AddMagToRuck function? How is it synchronized over the network if at all when it comes to JIP and team switching (respawn=SIDE or GROUP)?

I need to know how to pre-load units with specific loadouts at the start of the mission and have their loadouts properly synced for team switching (respawn=SIDE) and for JIP, but I'm not sure which machines I need to run this command on. I know for weapons and magazines I need to run it where the unit is local which is solved by running all weapon/magazine commands on the server from the units' init lines (so they all run when the units are still local to the server), but when it comes to rucksacks I have to wait until ace_sys_ruck is initialized which means I cannot run it in uninterruptable context such as units' init lines, and if I spawn the code then I never know who the unit will be local to when the code actually runs (afaik on occasion a unit can be not local anywhere as locality is being transferred!) and there would be issues from preventing JIP players to re-load their rucks.

Any idea how to handle that?

I'm having an issue.

When I start A.C.E. 2 i get an error that says "ace_c_vehicles requires ca_ah64d."

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I'm running the steam version and installed ACE with Six Updater.

Thanks.

I'm having an issue.

When I start A.C.E. 2 i get an error that says "ace_c_vehicles requires ca_ah64d."

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? I'm running the steam version and installed ACE with Six Updater.

Thanks.

Do you have patch 1.05 installed?

Are there really no flashlights for any russian weapons ?

In Soviet Russia LIGHTS NEED YOU! :p

They're inferior

*runs*

I didn't realize that Steam wasn't patching ARMA2 any more. 1.05 is downloading now. Thanks.

Hi,

So, I'm playing ACE2 and I'm looking for tracer dart for SMAW or Javelin... But I can't find it... Where is it?

Thanks!

think u bether read the ace2 wiki

go to the addon release/ ace2 1.0 stable thread

there is a link on the first page explaining all the nice features.....

Anyone got any idea what this means? I get it everytime i start a new mission, it comes up for a few seconds then goes again. Also i don't seem to be able to use things like the goggles in ACE. I did post this in the troubleshooting forum as i thought that is where it should go, i hope this is the right place to ask as i got told off last time.

arma22010-03-1623-06-41-09.jpg

That means exactly what it says, the files mentioned inside the \userconfig\ACE folder is outdated and needs to get updated. Find the updated files inside \@ACE\store\userconfig.tar

Magazines for the SMAW's Spotting Rifle can be found in either the Æ US Launchers crate, or the Magic crate.

To come back to the flashlight on russian weapons...

Why dont 2 or 3 russian weapons have them ?

Has the wounding/damage system been changed recently?

It seems like there is less wounding and blacking out and more often just straight dying for the past week or so.

To come back to the flashlight on russian weapons...

Why dont 2 or 3 russian weapons have them ?

Because none of the russian weapons have flashlights on them in-game.

The one and only criteria for a weapon having a flashlight in ACE is that the model has a flashlight on it, which none of the russian weapons have.

That means exactly what it says, the files mentioned inside the \userconfig\ACE folder is outdated and needs to get updated. Find the updated files inside \@ACE\store\userconfig.tar

Thank you very much, that fixed it.

First of all an excellent mod guys, the only gripe I have is the Laser Designator is way too big when using thermal or NVG's I know this is BIS issue but is there anyway of making it smaller so I can keep it trained on the target without whiting it out completely?

This mod needs a P90.

No it doesn't, but one would be appreciated, make a request on the dev page.

Just a suggestion, could not the map tools be added to a module. This would make updating older missions alot more easer.