Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

-Ziggy-;1592808']a single STABLE release is more preferred by my community than constant updates.

There is only a single stable release' date=' and it will only update every 2-6 months.

[url']http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download[/url]

The ongoing development is updated twice a week, following a set schedule: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Update_Schedule

constant updates does more harm than good by fracturing the community into different groups of addon versions. cant we all just play the same gawdam version for a while? sigh. :confused:
Starting to become quite tiresome to receive the blame for people's own incompetence.

There are only 2 versions. Stable, and Ongoing development. You can use both versions next to eachother.

If a server-admin doesn't want to update according to the update schedule, he should stop running the Ongoing development and run the Stable version instead (which is only updated once every 2-6 months!).

That's the real problem. Server admin says FU to the update schedule, so he starts lagging behind, forming the whole "Different versions" problems.

Really, if the available update means (Six Updater/Rsync, AddonSync) are insufficient for you, stop running the Ongoing development, as you're ruining things yourself!

It's really hard to add "ACE v1.0" or "ACE ongoing dev", to your servername.

Edited by Sickboy

I just wish anyone that chooses to play ACE2 mod are able to join our server. disabling client check is not the answer. :confused:

simply put, having two versions fractures the community, and no argument can dispute that.

:war:

-Ziggy-;1592826']I just wish anyone that chooses to play ACE2 mod are able to join our server. disabling client check is not the answer. :confused:

Then make sure "everyone" who joins your server' date=' is aware about what version you're actually running. STABLE, or DEV.

Here ya go: [url']http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Running_an_ACE_server[/url]

simply put, having two versions fractures the community, and no argument can dispute that.
It maybe does, but the reason why it does, is to be found at the users and server admins.

I don't mind further innovating our software to aid the situation, but we're not going to quit our Ongoing Development public availability.

Edited by Sickboy

since i cant send you a pm, i am forced to reply in the thread, pardon the spam.

heheheh, either choice, sickboy, excludes the other, and thus is the point i made.

this is no disrespect, and i realize it may have been discussed by others. This is the first time I have mentioned it, and I used the forum to vent my frustrations. If you are that fed up with the criticism, then just ignore it and dont respond. ;)

It doesn't exclude the other, if you have:

@ACE

@ACE_v1.0

Where the first @ACE represents the ongoing development. All you have to do is restart your game to loadup the correct version.

Many servers/communities are staying up2date with the latest ongoing development successfully, by either Six Updater or AddonSync,

and personally i'd prefer everyone to run it, as a twice-a-week (if you actually play), 3 minute update time, getting the latest fixes and additions, is actually beautiful, aint it? If everyone could maintain the schedule.

Edited by Sickboy

It doesn't exclude the other.

If you have:

@ACE

@ACE_v1.0

Where the first @ACE represents the ongoing development. All you have to do is restart your game to loadup the correct version.

HUH!? how does one choice NOT? exclude the other?

Are you saying I can run both Stable AND Dev version on the server and it will accept clients running either version?

unless I misundertand you, you mean run the server EITHER Stable OR Dev.

-Ziggy-;1592830']...

heheheh' date=' either choice, sickboy, excludes the other, and thus is the point i made.

[/quote']

:shrug:

Nah, you got me in reverse.

You as server admin pick 1 version to run.

Players that want to visit 10 different servers, with different versions, simply should have both,

@ACE and @ACE_v1.0 on their drive. So if you in your servername have STABLE or DEV, they see which one to take on startup.

I suppose it is more useful if we actually distribute the future stable versions, with _v1.0 etc in their name,

this way if a server shows in it's mods list @ACE you know its ongoing dev, while @ACE_v1.0 would mean the stable 1.0, etc.

Edited by Sickboy

well a installer with options stating what you want and dont want to be installed would have been better.

im computer literate and probably more so then some in here but when it comes to games i tend to switch off my brain expecting pc games to be installed pretty easily.

Now to play this mod, i have to install like 5-6 different packages? not very user friendly but i guess i have no choice.

i would highly suggest the makers of this mod to consider packaging the files into one installer or one zip file for easier installation.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Ok mate cheers. i suppose i just edit the shortcut to launch ACE mod or does this mod auto generate one for me when i install it?

I Had a lot of dificulty working with six updater,... i advise you to use Yoma addon sync 2009 easy to install, and when u seach for a server u automatic download the necessary mods for that server a enter in it!

Ace mods have always been pretty much awesome, but I also understand the fragmenting of the playerbase.

It is rather simple to use the addon managers to play these different mods we get with Arma, but sometimes I guess the more casual player type might come home after a hard days work feeling a bit under the weather, would like a bit of Arma fun with some decent mods and then feel tired looking at what must be done to get playing..

I know once setup/favourites etc you dont need to do alot more but update ur mods and run a shortcut, but there are plenty of people out there that shy away from Arma because of constant changing mod files...

I myself might switch to yomma's application its a nice gui with lots of info, but on a second note is there a standard "english language mod" we can get going with Ace 2 Sickboy? This is highly been a pain in the ass for me as I originaly got the german version many moons ago.. If the Ace 2 mod is here to stay and im sure it is, why not incorporate said mod then when I join servers I wont keep having to look for various variants of Language mod files with diff keys all these servers are using..

There used to be someone trying to get this done I think but looks like it was never made into a sticky post (shame) or people just assumed you would go out and buy the game all over again.. (no that shouldnt be needed)..

Anyhow any info about that appreciated..

Well that's the issue. Such problems need to be resolved elsewhere, and not expected that we (as a mod) will include just everything because 'that's easier' for some.

To my opinion, the Six Updater Suite and AddonSync, or BIS addon manager should take on the role of managing addons in an automated way, where everyone can have equal version, with right signatures etc :)

Just like any MMO; Startup game, automatically patch to latest version, voila :)

The following should basically describe the what and what not in ACE: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Goals_and_Scope

On the note of language patches, this cannot be integrated, simply because every ArmA 2 language, needs a different language patch to become english.

Applying the German to English version, on an English version, for instance makes you end up with German text :P

Now we could start signing language mods with our Key, but this is IMO really not the appropriate solution to the problem :)

Edited by Sickboy

Can't people just take the gifts their given without bitching? Run it or don't. But, don't think you have a say as to how ACE team, or any Devs, distribute and develop their creation. It's a game! It's made all the more enjoyable with the voluntary efforts of Devs, and mission makers.

If you can't work around the two different versions, then don't. My unit prefers to run the updated version, and provide constructive feed back as to its performance. I see it as the best avenue to a finished product.

Stop bothering these guys with your petty bitching.

I suppose it is more useful if we actually distribute the future stable versions, with _v1.0 etc in their name,

this way if a server shows in it's mods list @ACE you know its ongoing dev, while @ACE_v1.0 would mean the stable 1.0, etc.

Second that motion.

hey, i noticed the front page has changed, not quite sure how to check for the most recent six-updater files, as well as I've noticed in game, not sure if this has been fixed, but the M2/M3 tripod machine gun hasn't been deploying right. i can deploy the M3 tripod but for some reason there is no option to attach the M2 gun.

Hi,

I got a problem with ACE mod...

When I play it, I have AddOns but not special features like the camera you send in the sky with it little parachute...

So, how can I do??

Thanks!

A.C.E. 1.0 Update #3 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy! cool.gif

Edited by Sickboy

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.323

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

I believe safety goggles protect your vision from helicopter rotor-wash, while tactical goggles tint your view.

If they do anything else i'd love to know too.

Oh neat, I didn't realise safety goggles protect your vision from down-wash; I thought only the tactical goggles did that. :D

Hi. i have succesfuly installed the necesary folders on my arma 2 root folder. i have created teh shortcut with these attacked at the end of the target exe.

\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM

I have booted up arma2 and i dont notice nothing new about it. sounds are the same, vehicles looks the same. basicaly its as if this mod adds nothing new to this game?

i thought this is a full mod? am i missing something here? have i installed this mod properly?

What should i expect when launching this mod using the modified shortcut?

Edited by jonneymendoza

You should see an ACE version number on the main menu along with ACE and CBA load screens for starters.

You should see an ACE version number on the main menu along with ACE and CBA load screens for starters.

Nope all i see is the same vanilla screen of arma 2

Looking at your shortcut i cant see any space between the "-noSplash" part and the "-mod" part. So dubble-check that

I noticed that the A10 no ammo for GAU8 bug is set to be fixed in 1.1.0. Is there any way to add the ammo manually before then?

Thanks