Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

ok what next? it opens any website with a FAQ but where i find it?

Id start under the section titled "I get an error message about missing ca\editor\...\DikCodes.h"

Id start under the section titled "I get an error message about missing ca\editor\...\DikCodes.h"

I download editor upgrade and all work now ;)

Documetation is out of this world even. :)

Thanks a lot for the major effort guys.

I'm trying to update ACE 2 through SIX Updater but I keep getting this error message about "failed to install Redcloth" and some more errors before it closes down and nothing happens.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before since I took a sabatical from ArmA2.

Edited by RacingLad

I'm trying to update ACE 2 through SIX Updater but I keep getting this error message about "failed to install Redcloth" and some more errors before it closes down and nothing happens.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before since I took a sabatical from ArmA2.

Try uninstalling Six Updater and re-install the latest version found here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files

The AI talking module is just great. It adds some much-needed immersion in close combat.

...but the Chernarussians appear to be speaking Russian instead of Czech.

Does anyone know how the radio module works?

Edit: And is it realistic that the Vodnik armored car is impervious to .50 caliber rounds, which wreck a BRDM in no time?

Edited by maturin

Does anyone know how the radio module works?

I opened up the .pbo and there are preset voice clips in English, Russian and Arabic -- no Czech.

Anything that gets added to this module would be much appreciated, I'm loving it so far.

Maybe the devs could check the Harvest Red voice files for some dramatic, acted Czech voices. They may not make sense out of context, but at least they'll be in the right language.

Glad you guys love them new Wagn Documentation and Classlist Browser :-)

Personally I can say I am very satisfied with it aswell, and especially Wagn is an amazing piece of software!

I am totally hooked, lol!

Hi guys i was wondering if you can tell me which one out of these links do i need to download for this mod:

MultiUpload

* @CBA v0.3.1.84 1 MB

* @ACE v1.0.10.316 (84 MB)

* @ACEX v1.0.10.210 (621 MB)

* @ACEX_SM v1.0.10.24 (56 MB)

* @ACEX_PLA v1.0.10.17 (155.9 MB)

Do i need to download all the versions above?

Aint their a single package or app that installs everything for me? it find it strange that i have to download all the above files? which one do i start installing first?

Aint their a single package or app that installs everything for me? it find it strange that i have to download all the above files? which one do i start installing first?

Why, described here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation, e.g Overview.

App that installs everything for you: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

Pick Ongoing Development, Six Updater Suite.

Installation instructions listed.

Download and install in this order: CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA

That's how I rate them in importance. Actually, CBA and ACE is mandatory if you intend to use any ACE related functions.

Why, described here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation, e.g Overview.

App that installs everything for you: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

Pick Ongoing Development, Six Updater Suite.

Installation instructions listed.

well a installer with options stating what you want and dont want to be installed would have been better.

im computer literate and probably more so then some in here but when it comes to games i tend to switch off my brain expecting pc games to be installed pretty easily.

Now to play this mod, i have to install like 5-6 different packages? not very user friendly but i guess i have no choice.

i would highly suggest the makers of this mod to consider packaging the files into one installer or one zip file for easier installation.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Download and install in this order: CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA

That's how I rate them in importance. Actually, CBA and ACE is mandatory if you intend to use any ACE related functions.

Ok mate cheers. i suppose i just edit the shortcut to launch ACE mod or does this mod auto generate one for me when i install it?

The Six Updater suite should make a shortcut for you. But I prefer to make my own shortcuts, it isn't that hard :)

Also remember to read the instructions, there are some files you need to copy to your arma2\userconfig folder.

Good luck and welcome to the Arma2 heaven that ACE is.

well a installer with options stating what you want and dont want to be installed would have been better.

im computer literate and probably more so then some in here but when it comes to games i tend to switch off my brain expecting pc games to be installed pretty easily.

Now to play this mod, i have to install like 5-6 different packages? not very user friendly but i guess i have no choice.

i would highly suggest the makers of this mod to consider packaging the files into one installer or one zip file for easier installation.

The Six Updater Suite takes care of all of that. I would highly suggest you read up a little on things you're going to comment on.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes i know i should read more about it but thats my point really. before i even download a single file i gotta read a few info on what to download and how to install it.

That is really my point. is it bad to make it a bit easier to setup for first time users? wouldn't it be nice if i can go home, see this wonderful mod, click and download the latest version all in one package, click on the package and install and wait for it to finish?

jonneymendoza if your brain didn't switch off automatically - you were able to download and play with mods + addons like the most people do. Guess you need an upgrade or repair. ;)

As said, that is already available. ACE philosophy is simply a little different, we're not here to serve you.

We make the Mod, documentation, and even an innovative distribution method.

Self serve basis :)

Just a simple and probably a rather dumb question: what are the different characteristics of safety goggles compared to the tactical glasses?

Wonder if it would be useful for people with a proper windows installer (setup.exe or similar) for the stable version. I work with creating those kinds of packages as part of my job (creating MSI packages).

It probably is, but not on our Menu :)

Feel free to cook up and host these setups though.

If you do, please add em to http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download, picking the correct release card :)

But to my opinion, it's good that the Stable version requires manual work, as it hopefully increases the likelyness of using the Ongoing Development, which really is preferred :P

a single STABLE release is more preferred by my community than constant updates. constant updates does more harm than good by fracturing the community into different groups of addon versions. cant we all just play the same gawdam version for a while? sigh. :confused:

Just a simple and probably a rather dumb question: what are the different characteristics of safety goggles compared to the tactical glasses?

I believe safety goggles protect your vision from helicopter rotor-wash, while tactical goggles tint your view.

If they do anything else i'd love to know too.