Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Well I've noticed the same with AH-6s not engaging clumped infantry (they prefer to miss with their M134s/GAU-19s). I'll have to test the Cobra and Apache.

Ok, Second try on this one..

BUT getting this annoying messege:

Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found...

And i did what you say in wiki..

And this is my startup line:

" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE

OK: It says i have to unpack the

\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar file into a temporary location, like your desktop, and then copy the contents to ..\userconfig\ACE\*.hpp ...But in what catalog? It just say "\userconfig\ACE\"....COMON...More info

please...

FINE: WAY TO MUCH HAZZLE TO GET IT TO WORK..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

OK: It says i have to unpack the

\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar file into a temporary location' date=' like your desktop, and then copy the contents to ..\userconfig\ACE\*.hpp ...But in what catalog? It just say "\userconfig\ACE\"....COMON...More info

please...[/quote']

In your root ArmA2 directory. You should have @ACE etc. You also will need (if you don't have it) the "userconfig" folder. The .hpp files go in there.

So it should look something like:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\(the four .hpp files here)

In your root ArmA2 directory. You should have @ACE etc. You also will need (if you don't have it) the "userconfig" folder. The .hpp files go in there.

So it should look something like:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\(the four .hpp files here)

Thank you..

Now @ ACE DEVS: THATS an explanaition...

Allwasy aim for those that have no clue...

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Hmm...Cant find the earplugs..

Glasses, balas, mask but no earplugs...

Found it...MAGIC BOX

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Love the new mod. With beta I have uded the sixupdater for updates. Now since Ihave updated to stable version the updater nolonger works (error msgs). I have seen a another post with same issue who said he reolved it but forgot to mention how. Any easy noob way of explaining how to get updates past stable version?

Anybody else having issues with the stamina system in latest version(1.0.10.322)?

I have been experiencing running(not sprinting) carrying 17kg then after not that long suddently fell to the ground without getting any indication(heartbeat). Most times i get the blackout flash 1 time and get massive heartbeat sound then it's all over in a few secs and i can run like 50m and it repeats again. Other times i just fall to ground and nothing more :confused:

Anybody?

Anybody else having issues with the stamina system in latest version(1.0.10.322)?

I have been experiencing running(not sprinting) carrying 17kg then after not that long suddently fell to the ground without getting any indication(heartbeat). Most times i get the blackout flash 1 time and get massive heartbeat sound then it's all over in a few secs and i can run like 50m and it repeats again. Other times i just fall to ground and nothing more :confused:

Anybody?

Mine was pretty crap last night. I crashed an ATV and couldn't make it more than a grid square before collapsing. I only had 15kg with me. I avoided walking today.

Please leave us your rpt and repro; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9657

Love the new mod. With beta I have uded the sixupdater for updates. Now since Ihave updated to stable version the updater nolonger works (error msgs). I have seen a another post with same issue who said he reolved it but forgot to mention how. Any easy noob way of explaining how to get updates past stable version?
You can't in any easy way. (I could write a tool for it someday though...)

You either stick to Stable version, or stick to Six Updater version. Anyone wanting to use both versions, can install the Stable version as @ACE_v1.0 or alike, next to the Six Updater version :)

If you deleted the Six Updater version of the Mod you will have to remove/rename your current @ACE folders, so that they can be downloaded from the Updater again.

The Six Updater version (and the AddonSync clones) of the Mod will always be ahead or at the very least in sync with the latest Stable release,

so if you always wanna stay up2date with the latest, it is adviced to simply skip the Stable releases alltogether.

Edited by Sickboy

If you can't get SixUpdater to run, you could also try AddonSync (check the siggy).

Just add the Kelly's heroes Ace server (in default servers) and click download.

Other then that there's bound to be a solution to your problem in SixUpdater as well.

Thanks a load for that, I owe you one!

Edited by LandShark126

Thanks a load for that, I owe you one!

Sixboy, the tandem worked again! :)

Could i be the only one with this problem ?:

Hi,

i have asked this some time ago but dont get a answer...

If i dont give the player a radio chat option (trigger->Radio Alpha for example) at the beginning of the mission the player (USMC FR) has no radio ! So i cant give him such a radio chat option later in the game. The radio shows up in the inventory but i can use it !

Is there any way to get this work like without ACE ?

I mean that radio you see if you press M (Map)...you see a Radio with options to click on (if the mission designer added them like RADIO ALPHA).

With ACE MOD, if a unit dont has such a option from the beginning of the mission you will not see the radio if you press M (Map) and you cant add radio option later, thats a big problem !

With ACE MOD, if a unit dont has such a option from the beginning of the mission you will not see the radio if you press M (Map) and you cant add radio option later, thats a big problem !

Just curious, but if there is nothing assigned to the radio, why would you want it cluttering your map? To the best of my knowledge it's pretty useless unless it's being used for "radio triggers", or to allow for enabling of some other feature. (in which case you still don't need to see the radio, you just need to have it in inventory.)

I kinda like this way, but thats me. :p

Just curious, but if there is nothing assigned to the radio, why would you want it cluttering your map? To the best of my knowledge it's pretty useless unless it's being used for "radio triggers", or to allow for enabling of some other feature. (in which case you still don't need to see the radio, you just need to have it in inventory.)

I kinda like this way, but thats me. :p

Im talking about those radio-triggers !

If you dant add one from the beginning you are nat able to add one later which is a big problem i think !

If you dant add one from the beginning you are nat able to add one later which is a big problem i think !

Ah, well now ... that would be an issue. :D Haven't run into that yet myself.

This is when spawning a radio trigger, I'm tracking now. Sorry I didn't read it right. Have you dropped a ticket at dev-heaven? I'll check it out when I get back to the house here in a bit. Be happy to support a ticket if I find the same issue.

Is it possible to reverse the installed version? I want to play in a server that has 3.19 but i have 3.22

Can i do this with SIX Updater ? Is there a direct download of every version?

Is it possible to reverse the installed version? I want to play in a server that has 3.19 but i have 3.22

Can i do this with SIX Updater ? Is there a direct download of every version?

Don't believe there is an easy way of doing this. I do keep a couple previous versions, but I do it by renaming the mod folders. (@ACE_319, @ACE_322 etc..) Which is obviously a manual process, but it is the way to do it.

Not aware of any other method than what you mentioned in a direct download. Maybe someone here has a AddonSync server that is still 3.19? Wish I had something more valuable, but didn't find anything searching around the normal channels briefly.

And that's the problem. 319 revision was released on friday through SixUpdater "obsoleting" 1.0 stable (rev 316).

Use SixUpdater or AddOnSync to stay up2date..

Sickboy - can you help confirm this? Otherwise whats the point of a "stable" version?

We had set up a server to run 316, updated the ACE_serverconfig.hpp "VERSIONING_LEVEL 3", and people are running into random issues connecting, 322 causes CTDs when connecting to 316's, etc.

Also running into an odd issue that after 6-7 hours of play, a 316 server will start to give mismatch errors to otehrs saying the server is running 319 instead. After reboot, its back to 316.

It's been said time and again that if you want to use the stable version, don't update the mod with the updater.

You can't expect the development/beta/whatever version to be backwards compatible.

How come ACE2 isn't more popular, hardly any servers are running it, it's disturbing, back in the A1 times everybody was using ACE. ACE just makes everything better in my opinion, and gets rid of those rather simplistic and unrealistic abstractions that have plagued the series from day 1.

How come ACE2 isn't more popular, hardly any servers are running it, it's disturbing, back in the A1 times everybody was using ACE. ACE just makes everything better in my opinion, and gets rid of those rather simplistic and unrealistic abstractions that have plagued the series from day 1.

I think there are a lot of servers running ACE2 .. privately! :)

Most clans/groups have ACE2 running now the stable version is out.

It's been said time and again that if you want to use the stable version, don't update the mod with the updater.

You can't expect the development/beta/whatever version to be backwards compatible.

Ehm... am I missing something? 6updater allowed to download v1 and after this overwrites it by next betas?

Doesn't be a good idea to have two profiles in 6udater: for update stable version and for update beta version separately?

Hi guys i was wondering if you can tell me which one out of these links do i need to download for this mod:

MultiUpload

* @CBA v0.3.1.84 1 MB

* @ACE v1.0.10.316 (84 MB)

* @ACEX v1.0.10.210 (621 MB)

* @ACEX_SM v1.0.10.24 (56 MB)

* @ACEX_PLA v1.0.10.17 (155.9 MB)

Do i need to download all the versions above?

You will need to download atleast CBA and ACE. ACEX is the extra vehicles and stuff. ACEX_SM is an optional soundmod. ACEX_PLA is chinese units and vehicles (also optional).

I suggest you download it all.