Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

When i preview a mission made from me the following message appears in yellow:

1-1A1 (XX XX): "OUTDATED: USERCONFIG/ACE/ACE_SERVERCONFIG.HPP,ACE_KEYS.HPP"

Did the updater missed something on the process?

Thank you....

just read ace information @ the first page please

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#Where_is_the_ACE2_Userconfig_.3F

Thats weird... I've gotten onto the site before, so why wouldn't it be working this time? Just to confirm it is http://localhost:16333/ ?

you want to update with six updater ,that page that will be opend and that won`t work right?

change it to http://127.0.0.1:16333/

Edited by Sneaker-78-

A.C.E. 1.0 Update #2 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

Enjoy! cool.gif

How to install A.C.E.

Please see the first post for additional information.

Please stick to the v1.0 Stable version, if you don't wish to follow the ongoing development.

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.322

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

I've reinstalled the updater several times. I don't think it's that, I think it is more to do with my browser not being able to open the website, it just comes up with 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'.

Edited by LandShark126

I think the answer is no and no.

Ok, throws some of the realism argument out the window then... if im limited by movement due to stamina but ai are not restricted then why use it?

And although i didnt like it at first i did like how it made me think about movement as opposed to just running everywhere like an idiot, although the black out and dropping to the ground is a bit over the top :)

I guess it would be hard to program AI to be energy conservative etc? but the stamina feature only works for PvP in my eyes

take control of the ai and run them any amount of distance they will tire out.

while they do not seem to get tired while they not human controlled. like others have said the ai are hard enough to wrangle around and keep in line, from them stopping from following you randomly, to them switching to pistol at odd random times instead of their main weapons, to them seeming to have a awful time following you period over mountains, few bugs in that ai to sort out before i think adding stamina drain to them would be prudent.

and isnt ace 2 really meant to be played with in multiplayer mostly?

Have a question here, why are units close to empty vehicles placed automatically inside? It has ruined a lot of my missions, vehicle guards or 'ambient' vehicles so to speak, then all of a sudden they are filled with the soldiers around them.

Is it possible to disable this?

Have a question here, why are units close to empty vehicles placed automatically inside? It has ruined a lot of my missions, vehicle guards or 'ambient' vehicles so to speak, then all of a sudden they are filled with the soldiers around them.

Is it possible to disable this?

Please check if you are not running GL4. If so, then check in the global.sqf at the very bottom if you have enable the "getin" system. If so, simply unable it by setting it to false.

Please check if you are not running GL4. If so, then check in the global.sqf at the very bottom if you have enable the "getin" system. If so, simply unable it by setting it to false.

Oh, it's a GL4 feature - My bad then :(

And I will definitely check that out, thank you very much.

I've reinstalled the updater several times. I don't think it's that, I think it is more to do with my browser not being able to open the website, it just comes up with 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'.

you don`t close the dos windows eh

and what adress are you trying ?

take control of the ai and run them any amount of distance they will tire out.

while they do not seem to get tired while they not human controlled. like others have said the ai are hard enough to wrangle around and keep in line, from them stopping from following you randomly, to them switching to pistol at odd random times instead of their main weapons, to them seeming to have a awful time following you period over mountains, few bugs in that ai to sort out before i think adding stamina drain to them would be prudent.

and isnt ace 2 really meant to be played with in multiplayer mostly?

Im referring to enemy AI, they would have a massive advantage in any situation with unlimited stamina.

Yes i mentioned that its probably designed with PvP in mind, but wouldnt this also effect coop?

Anyway i was just curious, no biggie:D

any else having trouble with hellfire missiles? They dont show up on the cobra after I installed the stable version of ace 2.

you don`t close the dos windows eh

and what adress are you trying ?

I'm trying both the localhost and the IP one (which I cannot remember) someone had the same problem as me, seemingly, back on page 188 or so in which they resolved it by restarting their computer. No such luck for me. Pehaps I should try another browser.

EDIT: This is the link: http://localhost:16333/ to which the GUI (at least I believe) needs to contact to update, or goes to open with the client, but neither it nor my browser can access it.

Edited by LandShark126

I'm trying both the localhost and the IP one (which I cannot remember) someone had the same problem as me, seemingly, back on page 188 or so in which they resolved it by restarting their computer. No such luck for me. Pehaps I should try another browser.

EDIT: This is the link: http://localhost:16333/ to which the GUI (at least I believe) needs to contact to update, or goes to open with the client, but neither it nor my browser can access it.

Is SixUpdater writing anything interesting (errors/warnings) in console window? If console window closes itself, try running SixUpdater from command line:

Start->Run->cmd.exe and then (assuming default installation path and 64bit system)

first:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater"

and after that:

tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems six-updater-web.rb webrick

Im referring to enemy AI, they would have a massive advantage in any situation with unlimited stamina.

Yes i mentioned that its probably designed with PvP in mind, but wouldnt this also effect coop?

Anyway i was just curious, no biggie:D

Yeah I've been run down a few times by enemy AI that wouldn't have caught me if I was passed out on the ground, or they were affected by stamina. Shedding gear doesn't seem to help either.

A bug Ive noticed is both the 20mm and 30mm (cobra and apache) aimpoints are way above the crosshair after you have used the hellfires. It works fine if you use the guns first off, but the moment u change to to hellfires and use them, it changes the aimpoints. If you are zoomed in, you cannot see where the bullets are going. Jumping out and back in seems to reset it, but will repeat again if you use the Hellfires.

Edited by Akuras

^^ Have you tried "resetting" the laser? i.e turning it off & on to get the auto adjust for the cannon.

^^ yeah tried that, did a bit more testing and realised what it is doing. If you laser with the 30mm, it adjusts the angle in order to hit where you are lasering. So basically you have to laser everything. If this is what its meant to be doing, Congratz ACE TEAM you have out done ya selfs again :D