Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

I'm pressing TAB but can't get the FCS to work in the M1A1.

Is there something else I need to do?

have you put your name in clientside_config?

Does anyone know why the ruck box doesnt appear in the game after being placed in the editor?

Having an annoying problem - I downloaded all the files of the ACE mod from the wiki mod today and did it the "old fashioned way" by adding in the mod parameters, but when I joined a fully updated server it is saying I'm using an outdated version (the ending is 316 opposed to 319) anyone know how I can update, or how to solve?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have updated my userconfig.

Edited by LandShark126

have you put your name in clientside_config?

Is that necessary? I was under impression, that filling proper indentity is required only for glasses/masks.

Is that necessary? I was under impression, that filling proper indentity is required only for glasses/masks.

That's right.

You do need to have the ace_keys file updated to use the FCS though.

I downloaded all the files of the ACE mod from the wiki mod today

And that's the problem. 319 revision was released on friday through SixUpdater "obsoleting" 1.0 stable (rev 316).

Use SixUpdater or AddOnSync to stay up2date..

Hi,

i have asked this some time ago but dont get a answer...

If i dont give the player a radio chat option (trigger->Radio Alpha for example) at the beginning of the mission the player (USMC FR) has no radio ! So i cant give him such a radio chat option later in the game. The radio shows up in the inventory but i can use it !

Is there any way to get this work like without ACE ?

I thought I'd report this one as I can't find any other reference to it either here or in Google.

Whenever I start in the editor using ACE, I get this message:

'check_pbos/' is not a class ('key' accessed)

It doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect so I didn't really want to start a new bug report. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this?

Running latest ACE, CBA etc. I've tried with and without other mods, to the same message.

^^ Never seen it.

Any other addons running?

EDIT: Noticed i couldnt use FCS either. I can get it up but not LASE. Numbers keep flashing 0000. Think i got all latest. More testing tomorrow and see if im the bone head or not.

Edited by Alex72

'check_pbos/' is not a class ('key' accessed)

The only place I saw 'check_pbos' was in 'ACE_serverconfig.hpp'. Try to check your userconfig/ACE/ACE_serverconfig.hpp and/or compare with ACE's default in @ACE/store/userconfig.tar

Sorry to ask again but anyone know if there is a way to get the spent shells to stay on the ground after I've configured my config and it still doesn't work?

Edit: Some weapons like the pistols and shotguns work, but the M16 and AK's don't.

Alex I've had the same thing, happens quite a bit, not a clue as to why though.

Edited by LJF

Is there a way to use the vanilla weapon skins with ACEX? I like the ACE weapons but I hate the CCO aimpoint and wish to use the regular one. Is there a way to do this?

I installed the stable ace2 and when I go into play and load up any of the cobras none of them are armed with hellfire missles, but the apache does have hellfires, and all other helicopters have missiles. What is the problem?

Is there a way to use the vanilla weapon skins with ACEX? I like the ACE weapons but I hate the CCO aimpoint and wish to use the regular one. Is there a way to do this?

For some reason, M16 and M4 CCOs placed in a user-created mission without ACE have the normal optic, the one where you can see a damn.

@Xeno

I would like to say thank you for adding the ability to AI units to heal other units with ace_wounds. The module is really getting better.

I made some tests with it and there are some thing which could be improved:

- AI always uses bandage, morphine and epinephrine (even if the unit is concious.)

- AI says ok, when ordered to heal another unit even if it doesn't have any medical stuff. (I suggest it then should say negative)

- AI can't pick up bandages, morphine, epinephrine from box or ground. It only can pick up stuff that goes in the upper (magazines and grenade) slots.

I will create another ticket for it, on dev-heaven of course.

Thank you for improving ace_wounds. This is definitely a key feature of ACE.

Are AI affected by stamina? or should they be?

I think the answer is no and no.

AI is already difficult enough to control without adding stamina issues into the mix.

Can any of the ace team guys please tell me or direct me to somewhere that will tell me how to tighten up the dispersion on a gun to 0? My arma unit does monthly rifle qualifications and we need zero dispersion on our rifles to qualify. Is there a script that we can add to weapons or anything else that will eliminate the dispersion for our rifle range map?

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

@Xeno

I would like to say thank you for adding the ability to AI units to heal other units with ace_wounds. The module is really getting better.

I made some tests with it and there are some thing which could be improved:

- AI always uses bandage, morphine and epinephrine (even if the unit is concious.)

- AI says ok, when ordered to heal another unit even if it doesn't have any medical stuff. (I suggest it then should say negative)

- AI can't pick up bandages, morphine, epinephrine from box or ground. It only can pick up stuff that goes in the upper (magazines and grenade) slots.

I will create another ticket for it, on dev-heaven of course.

Thank you for improving ace_wounds. This is definitely a key feature of ACE.

If I fill an AI medic's backpack up with medical supplies, will he use the medical supplies from his pack or will I constantly have to go in his gear and unpack them for him?

the dev team site is down ? i have a redMine 500 error !

The website is down for me also... it's just mine says page cannot be displayed. Anyone know the reason?

Everything is working fine here..