Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Should be "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;

alright well I added the @ to CBA, now its giving me another error thats different.

"include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

I made sure nothing else in my modline got screwed up by accident,

you leave everything in the source or store files in the according folder right you dont move those to the addon folder?

This is strange.

Did you see what i wrote above? Another problem in your modfolder with the space in the word "@Dista nce".

And do you have the "userconfig" folder in the root directory of ARMA2? And inside it another folder called "ACE" and in that one you add the 4 userconfig files (HPP's).

Did you see what i wrote above? Another problem in your modfolder with the space in the word "@Dista nce".

And do you have the "userconfig" folder in the root directory of ARMA2? And inside it another folder called "ACE" and in that one you add the 4 userconfig files (HPP's).

aha, that damn user config folder I always overlook that damn thing hidding their at the bottom of the directory, anywho which 4 Hpps do i put into the ACE/userconfig folder

sorry if im a pain right now its 2am been up for 32 hours straight :eek:

(EDIT)

Damn sickboy you're fast! :)

Thanks abunch ill give it some more work tomorrow morning and let you know if I occur anymore problems have a nice night gentlemen.

IT WORKS!!!! :yay: Sickboy that was the issue, never unpacked the config files.

Thanks once again ACE Dev Team :cheers:

Edited by Flash Thunder

few questions:

- when will the hole medicalsystem come in? not just bandage, morph and epi.

- when will the arrest option work fine?

thx for answers :)

Love the new ACE, keep up the good work :)

Excellent MOD. It is almost like Arma3!

I have loged in the only major bug I found with High Command not working properly in ACE at dev-heaven.net

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Old version of CBA used, please make sure all your mods are up2date :)

Really great mod!!! :cool:

I have one question:

How create a chemlight as marker ( for signaling a landing position)??

I reask my question.

And it's for editor mission.

I reask my question.

And it's for editor mission.

Bring it out with "F" or action menu - "shake it" - throw it on the ground. Done.

Congratulations to the whole ACE team!

/KC

Bring it out with "F" or action menu - "shake it" - throw it on the ground. Done.

The goal is to create a chemlight like marker for a scenario of landing force but it's not a player who do this!!

This element must be preplaced in the editor. :j:

Hi i have a question regarding the six updater, there will be a separated mod on six updater with ACE 1.0 and the ACE "beta"( the weekly updates i mean) ?

I ask this because i know some people that haven't updated since some days and maybe when they update with six updater they will get a higer version that the 1.0. So they will need to download ALL again to get the 1.0. But if there are 2 separated mods, 1.0 and the beta they would be able to choose to update to 1.0 or to lastest version.

Sorry if i didn't explaint it well but... :P

Six Updater version will continue to update Monday and Friday.

If your mates want to stick to 1.0, they should copy the modfolder, or grab the release v1.0 package.

Is there a way to attach the VS-17 panel to the roof of a vehicle? This is common in real life and I was just wondering if there is a way to simulate it in-game.

Hi, me again with problems finding the new userconfig.

Shouldn't it be somewhere in the @ACE folder? I cant find it.

I have a question I'm trying to figure out.

Does ACE2 do anything to the rendering to increase performance? I just threw a bunch of mods in last night to do some testing, and I'm seeing pretty drastic object LOD swapping which I didn't see with vanilla Arma2 minus any mods. Some of the LOD swaps are also a bit slower. I haven't used ACE2 long enough to know what's normal.

Congratulations to the ACE development team! I've been playing the beta versions since xmas now and been impressed with how stable and conflict-free it is with the various mods I've added. Frankly I forgot there was a version 1.0 due out!

The updater is also an impressive achievement once you get your head round the idea. The whole ACE2 project has really given the game a lot of legs as far as I'm concerned.

Keep up the good work!

ACEX_SM M242 gun still lacking that high power metal impact sound for its AP rounds. On its HE ammo they are there mixed with HE explosion sounds - and it sounds amazing. Just completelly quiet with AP.

With weapon 2A42 there are impact sounds but small arm ones. Fire from 40-50 meters into another tank and you cant hear the impacts. If you concentrate hard you hear some small "plink" and that gun is big.

I would suggest adding the M242 metal impact on all high power big caliber ammo. For ease sake (since the sound is already in ACEX_SM) and because the sound you already have is so f****g awesome. :)

And sorry for nagging about this all the time. Its a rather small issue among this heroic and massive mod, but i feel its missing something (M242 AP litterally does) and you lose that feeling when big caliber impacts on metal & other vehicles. You want to feel "YEAH BIATCH!!" when you put that big lead into someone else if you know what i mean. ;)

So tpM if your still around. For simplicity and awesomeness add the M242 HE metal impact sound(s) (series of impact sounds from ACE1 - big dB impacts that can be heared some 100m) you already have, and add it to the M242 AP plus the 2A42 as well. Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

I noticed in the latest updates that there are new modules for "Enable Radio Sounds" and "Enable AI Talk". Where can we find more information on these modules and what they do? I've searched your wiki but I cannot find much information.

Thanks.

I noticed in the latest updates that there are new modules for "Enable Radio Sounds" and "Enable AI Talk". Where can we find more information on these modules and what they do? I've searched your wiki but I cannot find much information.

Thanks.

Radio sounds adds radio chatter to vehicles.

AI talk makes the AI spout various lines that aren't the retarded sounding vanilla stuff, but they aren't a replacement for that either as they don't cover most things. They both just add to the immersion.

Its a shame they are only modules. Would be great if we could get that in a mod too so we can hear it even if the mission editor dosent place the module.

Its a shame they are only modules. Would be great if we could get that in a mod too so we can hear it even if the mission editor dosent place the module.

You can just open the mission up in the Editor and place it yourself. Undoubtedly you know this already but I figured I'd mention it. It's a piece of cake to do.

Thanks for the stable release fellas. I can't wait to get home in 2 weeks and get back to making some more SP missions and updating the old ones.

Thanks for all.