Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Been following you since WGL. Thanks a lot for your hard effort, it is appreciated!

I didn't play Arma2 for a while, and my six-updater doesn't get me more than version:

Ace Beta 0.2.208

Is there something I have to change within the six-updater configuration? Is there somewhere this pre-defined „lazy way“ file with the correct setting available?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers guys, fantastic effort

Do you mean like adding it on editor, or placing it IG? if In Game, you'll just pick it up from box (or add it to characters inventory in editor) then select it and throw it just like normal grenade

I mean like adding in the editor.

I'd love the non-blinding sun... to be in ACE2.

No thanks.

There's no copyright on config values and/or using class names somewhere in the script or mission ;) go ahead!

Thanks a lot ;)

cheers

massi

none of these ( may-be exepted F16,Ch53 and Ch46) IMO ace is self sufficient.

What about Zeus AI?

Also, I mght have run into an issue. When you isntall the latest 6-shooter application shoudl it be creating a Six-Updater folder in C:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\

I have to create it manually then, (like normal for a clean install) place all the zipfiles & .yml in it, then run the 6-updater console.

Edited by jpinard

Sorry for noob question here but is this stable version 316? Thanks. :)

Sorry for noob question here but is this stable version 316? Thanks. :)

Yes.....

Yes.....

Thanks mate. I had downloaded it even before i saw this thread so it made me confused. :)

Now all my retarded friends that couldn't figure out SIX updater can play ACE :p

So this is just a simple installer version with no six updater required?

So this is just a simple installer version with no six updater required?

yes, there is one provided for version 1.0 on the front page (no 6updater required)

yes, there is one provided for version 1.0 on the front page (no 6updater required)

cool!, congrats on the mod guys, cheers for all the hard work.

Dead soldiers can't be loaded into helicopters.

This is probably nitpick as wounded but immobile troops can be loaded. If there are low amounts of KIA on the field I like to roleplay a bit and take them with me on the extraction chopper. No one gets left behind and all that.

Hi,

Does this mean we have to re-download/install or will SIX updater continue to update?

hey i have the same question.. does this mean we need to reinstall or will six updater just update it to version 1.0 the next time we run it?

Dead soldiers can't be loaded into helicopters.

This is probably nitpick as wounded but immobile troops can be loaded. If there are low amounts of KIA on the field I like to roleplay a bit and take them with me on the extraction chopper. No one gets left behind and all that.

AFAIK it's game engine limitation, esp. in MP environment - to prevent lags while trying to sit in place occupied by remote dead passenger.

Hi ACE team, Im getting a wierd error.

I installed the latest version of CBA and the core and Acex files

this is what I get apon launching Arma 2

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

and the game wont load.

I never had an early version of ACE2 since the six updater is too advanced for me.

anyways Im hoping this is just from installing the files wrong.

Heres what my start line looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -mod=CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@RH_Mods;@LandTex;@ArmyACU;@MAP;@Distance;@MISC;@panthera;@Spec_troops;@Veg;@HiFi;@ZeusAI;@Mando

Any kind of help would be appreciated, I really want to experience ACE2 :)

Thxs for the latest release. Really appreciate it :)

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.

The AH64D. I loaded up the Training Grounds to take it for a whirl and its not there. am i missing something?

Regards

Mike

Congratulations on the release, I can't wait to try it out, which brings me to my problem. I only have dial up at home but access to broadband else where.

Can I download the release copy via broadband and then set it up to update?

I tried this with the initial release of the beta, I can't remember where the instructions are now, but it kept trying to download the entire mod even though it said that it had detected the files locally.

Also what are the required steps to totally uninstall 6Updater before I start as last time I tried playing with it, it still seemed to have the records of the previously managed folders even after un-installing / re-installing.

I like 6Updater and I think it will be usable to keep up with updates over dial up, it's just the initial setup that's proving to be a hurdle.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Hi ACE team, Im getting a wierd error.

I installed the latest version of CBA and the core and Acex files

this is what I get apon launching Arma 2

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found"

and the game wont load.

I never had an early version of ACE2 since the six updater is too advanced for me.

anyways Im hoping this is just from installing the files wrong.

Heres what my start line looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -mod=CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@RH_Mods;@LandTex;@ArmyACU;@MAP;@Distance;@MISC;@panthera;@Spec_troops;@Veg;@HiFi;@ZeusAI;@Mando

Should be "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;

Flash Thunder: Also check this in your modline: "@Dista nce". Theres a space in there.

Only wrong stuff i done with modlines is forgetting a semicolon or making a colon instead. The reason i dont get a spelling error or spaces is cause i right click the modfolder and RENAME - COPY. Then add it to a text document (notepad) and PASTE it. So i copy/paste all modfolders i have into that text document (named MODLINES) with semicolons between them. After that i make a couple of different modlines. For example 1 with only CBA+ACE. 1 with everything, and 1 with some special modline for a certain server. I add ofcourse -nosplash -world=empty to them all. :)

The best thing having it in a text document is that you can open it and rearrange or change fast and easy. Easier than changing it directly in the targetline where you cant see the whole modline and harder to see if something is messed up.

EDIT: No, thank YOU ACE team for being awesome.