Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

I have found the answer to my question (here on page 67) in the "Arma 2 - General"-Forum in an older request ...

so everything's ok now ;)

All keys should be placed inside the Arma2/keys folder. If an archive contains a folder in which the key is placed just move it to that default key folder.

However, as a client you do not need those keys. Only servers need to add the keys of those addons they allow to be used on their server when using the "verifySignatures" command in their server config.

So, if you have no intention to host your own server don't bother with those keys ;)

Sickboy, yes my topic were the .bikey-files :D

anyway, thx and "Vielen Dank !" for these links referring to ACE-KeyBindings, that's what I can need too, and chiefly in that very clear format

you're doing a fantastic job, Sickboy, you and all of the ACE-Team :)

Vanilla becomes kinda reincarnated on a higher level by ACE ...

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

@Sickboy

ooops again, were are the keybinding-links, could you please post them again ? i didn't put them to my favourites, yet

;-)

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

saved them :D

thx, man

Edited by langgis08

Why is the installation such a pain? Ok, I'm going through the process now. Is it safe to use it this way? I see it's dissecting my computer and installing stuff

Edited by Chammy

Why is the installation such a pain?

If you can not figure out the SIX updater than use one of the numerous 7z zip files and just install it like any other mod.

Ok so far, this is what has happened. Is this good?

Ok nvm, it's installing now *phew*

Edited by Chammy

Updaters download files 1 by 1 with a small break in between (to start downloading the next file), which may make the HDD sound like it's doing some extra work when there are a lot of small files. At least that's what I get with Yoma's.

Ok so far, this is what has happened. Is this good?

Ok nvm, it's installing now *phew*

Yeah man at first it seems a bit sketchy and the installation is a huge pain(at least it was for me) but once it's all up and running it's god damn genius. If you are having more problems feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can.

Good luck.

Updaters download files 1 by 1 with a small break in between (to start downloading the next file), which may make the HDD sound like it's doing some extra work when there are a lot of small files. At least that's what I get with Yoma's.

It extracts the file after download, calculates it's checksum, stores that in a cache db and then moves on to the next file.

=>Indeed quite some HD access ;-)

Guys, I have some hearing issues whereas I have a constant tinny sound in my ears from massive doses of antibiotics from when I was on a ventilator and in a coma.

Is there any possible way I can turn off the "high-pitched tinny" sound when I launch a missile or have one impact near me? It makes the bad noise in my ears worse for hours after I've played the game. I think the effect is superb, but I just can't handle it.

Thanks so much for your splendid work. :)

what the best way to dld Ace threw yoma tools or Six Updater and can you dld CAA1 in six updater?

what the best way to dld Ace threw yoma tools or Six Updater and can you dld CAA1 in six updater?

For both, Yoma. It has both CAA1 and ACE2. The "best" is a loaded question though. You are asking someone's personal preference. I prefer the Six Updater though.

Either way, you are gonna have to do some reading to understand how to set both of them up. Just about every question imaginable has been explained in all the ACE2 threads(3 of them) and Yoma's for that downloader. Both are some what idiot proof.

Just a heads up.

Good luck and enjoy.

Guys, I have some hearing issues whereas I have a constant tinny sound in my ears from massive doses of antibiotics from when I was on a ventilator and in a coma.

Is there any possible way I can turn off the "high-pitched tinny" sound when I launch a missile or have one impact near me? It makes the bad noise in my ears worse for hours after I've played the game. I think the effect is superb, but I just can't handle it.

Thanks so much for your splendid work. :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9855

_________

Another question: When using a MagicBox in a mission running in a dedicated server, what might happen?

The box loads the weapons that are installed on the server, on the clients or what?

Edited by Smurf

How do you enable the AI Talk Module for custom units? In RUG DS AI you can specify the spoken language with a simple command. Is the same possible here or is the whole module just WIP at the moment?

Also does anyone have any good loadout scripts or something like that? I have been adding rucks and other ace equipment for units by using copy paste from a notepad file but it is so time consuming.

Hahah, I got it to work, yayeee

How do you enable the AI Talk Module for custom units? In RUG DS AI you can specify the spoken language with a simple command. Is the same possible here or is the whole module just WIP at the moment?

Also does anyone have any good loadout scripts or something like that? I have been adding rucks and other ace equipment for units by using copy paste from a notepad file but it is so time consuming.

I'm not quite sure about the AI talk Module but I'd say it should work with custom units if they have an ACE2 config. That could very well be wrong, I haven't played with it yet.

For loadout scripts, someone posted a bunch of loadout scripts just a little while back. I thought it was posted in the last ACE2 thread but I couldn't find it. I'll keep looking and post the link if I run into it.

Good luck.

Good to hear Chammy, enjoy!

Sickboy, please make the UAV's laser designator work like AH-1Z 's laser designator!!!Everytime when I use the UAV terminal, it's very hard to lock the ground target, and the designator doesn't work at all.

AI Talk module only works with supported factions ATM.

Improvements have been made for next update: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9813

Hope to implement (soon) fall back to Faction's side parameter to make them work by default with any faction :P

Sickboy, please make the UAV's laser designator work like AH-1Z 's laser designator!!!Everytime when I use the UAV terminal, it's very hard to lock the ground target, and the designator doesn't work at all.

You should make a ticket at DH for that. He probably won't respond to it here, maybe though. I've never tried the UAV terminal but I wonder how well MMA would work, if the MMA console was activated via the UAV terminal. It has an aerial recon feature and the possibility to change the plane/heli used in each feature. I bet it would work well, if Mando has added the ability to lock on with the recon option.

I'm just thinking out loud now but you may want to check that out as well. It may be a short term solution until, and if, ACE2 does something with the UAV.

Thanks,Manzilla! I use the MMA, which is great MOD and it improves the UAV's lock-on by TV Guide. But I personally prefer the original UAV HUD, wide screen with FLIR image ,great! Sadly its laser designator just doesn't work. So I expect ACE team could improve it, the predator UAV equiped with the AGM 114 missile, if it could use LOBL or LOAL mode to fire the missile, that would be great!

Guys I'm need litle help. Does anyone know how to set up gasmask for soldiers to have it immediately in the face? Not for player but for AI. If this is possible to do...

I searched for an hour but could find any solution.

In any Vanilla Airplanes the Screen turns black for a while If I turn around.

Well first thought was G-force. But sometimes I can fly very hard loopings without any blackscreens and then there are moments where the smallest movement turns your screen black.

Is there any solution for this problem? :/

Hi, i'm missing Sound ACE_Heartbeatscalar, Sound ACE_Breathing3_scalar, Sound ACE_Breathing4_scalar, Sound_ACE_Breathing5_scalar, i assume all my sound breathing are missing but these are the ones that showed up in the armoury, now I have installed ACE2 from armaholic.com aswell as the other ACE mods, and the problem ocurred, after this i used the SixUpdater- GUI, and the same problem occurs, though while it was updating it did say @CBA seems incompatible although it does work, I'm stumped guys, should I update again with Six and remove @CBA from my ArmA 2 Directory?