Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Stalker Units 0.5a

Well damn, I've missed a lot.

This is the SHIT. Downloading as soon as possible :inlove:. Now, hopefully I get the time to play...

Icewindo awesome work.Can't wait for "Bulat" (armor+gasmask=pro Badass look) and his variations

Awesome! Now we just need mutants in ArmA 2 then we'll have a STALKER - Shadow of Chernarus haha.

Great work !

If you can fix the animations this would be even greater. :D

Any progress? Have you fixed animation bugs? :)

Negative, sorry, but this project dropped down in my ever-changing priority list :p .

The MLODs are linked at the bottom of my first post though, so if anyone feels like improving the anims, feel free to do so and post them here or by pm, I didn't made any changes from the mlod yet, so it's the "newest".

where pls can i find the classnames?

Here you go:

Military

gsc_military_helmet_wdl

gsc_military_helmet_wdl_AT

gsc_military_helmet_grey_AT

gsc_military_helmet_wdlSNP

gsc_military_helmet_greySNP

gsc_military_helmet_grey

gsc_military_head_grey

gsc_military_head_greySNP

gsc_military_head_wdlSNP

gsc_military_head_wdl

gsc_military_head_wdl_AT

gsc_military_head_grey_AT

Scientists

gsc_scientist1

gsc_scientist1_head

gsc_scientist2

gsc_scientist2_head

Stalkers

gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred

gsc_eco_stalker_head_fred

gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo

gsc_eco_stalker_head_camo1

gsc_eco_stalker_mask_duty

gsc_eco_stalker_head_duty

gsc_eco_stalker_mask_neutral

gsc_eco_stalker_head_neutral

Hello, somebody corrected this mod? They have hand curves, and the editor Arma 2 + OA not all units, namely where the Stalkers of Liberty? Where Stalkers Bandits? Where Neutral Stalkers? Where Stalkers Zombies? Where Stalkers Debt? Where scientists? Maybe somebody made a Snork and vampires? If this mod is corrected give a link please. We want to make a war between factions of duty and freedom as WarFare. I apologize for my bad English.

ЗдравÑтвуйте, кто нибудь иÑправлÑл Ñтот мод? У них руки кривые, и в редакторе Arma 2 + OA нет вÑех юнитов, а именно где Сталкеры Свободы? Где Сталкеры Бандиты? Где Сталкеры Ðейтральные? Где Сталкеры Зомби? Где Сталкеры Долг? Где Учёные? Может кто нибудь Ñделал Снорков и Вампиров? ЕÑли Ñтот мод уже иÑправлен дайте ÑÑылку пожалуйÑта. Мы хотим Ñделать войну между группировками Долга и Свободы, как WarFare. ИзвинÑÑŽÑÑŒ за мой плохой английÑкий.

Hey dudes, here's an updated release of the units : :bounce3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?47919dgh7y9xhqt

V 0.6a (needs Combined Operations)

- replaced Stalker and military hand models with BIS ArmA2 arms so the arms should animate better now, legs will strech though as I didn't change them

- added glass rvmats to the scientist, military and stalker models for nicer look (see pics)

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1r2Yjf95uIGeCqo5Pt7GlrOJeoR1.jpg

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1PuWUeAIEkFjha7HkZTQ7fdBxLJ1Z50.jpg

Good job icewindo, those look really cool now with the glass rvmat!

Icewindo, thanks for the addon. Another superb quality work from you.

From the new screenshots, the updates look "Wow!"

Thank you for them!

Do you think that it would be possible, that's if there's another update, to include more options in regards to how they're assignable in the Editor? For example, place the Duty faction so that they're available as Blufor, Opfor, and Independent, and the same for each of the factions, whether they be Loners, Freedom, etc., etc. That way the player has greater freedom in the Editor to setup sides as he sees fit.

Again, thank you for this update! I can't wait to try them out!

Last year, wanted to make a short video, but the model of stalkers were not very good, they finally fixed, but I did not wait for a little update for stalker and two months ago, did a little video. ArmA 2 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - A terrible dream. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HobF7bPFBKs

Edited by YuraP

Thanks for updating these.. now I have to go back and update my Stalker vs GI-Joe mission :p

Nice move ... I wish I can play a StalkerZ Mod with these units along with Post Apocalypse Units on a Chernobyl map ...

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Stalker Units [CO] (v 0.6a) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1300

Edited by Old Bear

I wish I can play a StalkerZ Mod with these units along with Post Apocalypse Units on a Chernobyl map ...

I tried doing that with the awesome looking Namalsk map, but I gave up when I realized that the overwhelming majority of the buildings are not suitable for the AI.

I'm a huge fan of the STALKER series, and one of the most exciting aspects of the games are the battles in and around structures. Well, forget about that in Namalsk. It won't happen unless someone can get all of those terrific looking structures to be recognized by ArmA's AI system to be "buildings."

I'm using the GL4 mod, which does a terrific job of placing AI into buildings, even PATROLLING them, and unless the structure on Namalsk is a default BI one, the AI will not occupy those buildings, and, in fact, seem to struggle with even taking advantage of the "totally open" portions of a structure. In other words, the urban combat is about as un-STALKER as one can get, and even a mod as stunning as GL4 can't elevate them to a decent level. Another feature common to Namalsk that frustrates me is the proportion of buildings that have immoveable and partially-opened doors that are impossible to enter because they're closed just a little too much.

Right now I'm approximating Namalsk with the city of Moscow found on the Ovaron map. I can get interesting encounters there, with the AI using the buildings well, but as good looking as Ovaron is, it's still missing the eeriness of Namalsk.

It's a no-win situation, I'm afraid. :(

But what is a win are these improvements to the models here. :bounce3: At least they leave hope for a day when Namalsk can be adjusted, or someone builds a new creepy island that will allow ArmA's AI to shine as brightly as possible.

@ Kyle_K_ski : In fact, I was making a private joke ... for ATM I am building a Prypiat Terrain for Sled88 and one of his "Conspiracies" ...

I tried doing that with the awesome looking Namalsk map, but I gave up when I realized that the overwhelming majority of the buildings are not suitable for the AI.

I'm a huge fan of the STALKER series, and one of the most exciting aspects of the games are the battles in and around structures. Well, forget about that in Namalsk. It won't happen unless someone can get all of those terrific looking structures to be recognized by ArmA's AI system to be "buildings."

I'm using the GL4 mod, which does a terrific job of placing AI into buildings, even PATROLLING them, and unless the structure on Namalsk is a default BI one, the AI will not occupy those buildings, and, in fact, seem to struggle with even taking advantage of the "totally open" portions of a structure. In other words, the urban combat is about as un-STALKER as one can get, and even a mod as stunning as GL4 can't elevate them to a decent level. Another feature common to Namalsk that frustrates me is the proportion of buildings that have immoveable and partially-opened doors that are impossible to enter because they're closed just a little too much.

Right now I'm approximating Namalsk with the city of Moscow found on the Ovaron map. I can get interesting encounters there, with the AI using the buildings well, but as good looking as Ovaron is, it's still missing the eeriness of Namalsk.

It's a no-win situation, I'm afraid. :(

But what is a win are these improvements to the models here. :bounce3: At least they leave hope for a day when Namalsk can be adjusted, or someone builds a new creepy island that will allow ArmA's AI to shine as brightly as possible.

Puts me in mind of Emita or Tavania cities/islands, with the modules for namalsk colour effects plus maybe night or day effects, also some triggers with the namalsk sound effects along with zombie sound effects etc (now added), I would have thought you would have had a half decent huge abandoned city/industrial area type thing going on, very eerie I would imagine, those long empty streets at night plus the stadium, station building etc :butbut:.

Not played Stalker myself, but both these large cities have enterable buildings, I think, stock and custom type, you would have to check on the map, but sure they may be worth looking at.

If I remember rightly that 'Blowout' module is pretty scary, as well.

These units are great, even though I don’t really play this type of game they are really impressive.

for ATM I am building a Prypiat Terrain for Sled88 and one of his "Conspiracies" ...

Seriously? You're making a Pripyat-inspired island for the next chapter of Conspiracies? Old Bear, you're one of The Best island makers out there! Yeah man! I've no doubts now that we're in for a scary treat that will finally allow the AI to do their thing and to do it well ! I was majorly bummed out with how poorly Namalsk works with mods that make the AI really shine in urban combat. But if your hand is in it, I've got no worries. Are you planning on having a number of large underground facilities that the AI can competently negotiate, or...?

ChrisB,

We're thinking alike - we are! I've used the colored effects in my mission already (the "winter" blue one), and the zombies from the one STALKER mod (along with the awkwardly animated bloodsucker) do produce the classic STALKER zombie sounds on their own. I would've pushed said mission further along already, were it not for Patch 1.62 ruining my ability to even start ArmA, but that's a whole different topic (it SUCKS big time though and I hope that they fix it SOON!). Thanks for the suggestions for the other locations - I'll look into them as soon as BI fixes my ArmA II.

And you're absolutely correct on how good these units look, especially when one considers how many fewer polygons they have than even the default BI models. They used every polygon "just right," and maxed out their potential.

It's a shame that STALKER II's development was canceled. I've no doubts that it would've been a great game.

We'll just have to create our own version of STALKER II, and with these updated units and Old Bear's upcoming handiwork/masterpiece, I'm sure that something terrifyingly awesome will be made. :bounce3:

Thanks for the comments guys :bounce3:, I've fixed some more stuff in a possible 0.7a version:

- own normalmaps for every stalker model now, before I was lazy and used one normalmap for all stalker models

- the normal/free stalker model was missing the new arms

- fixed hands of scientists in 1st person (they were still using skin and not gloves)

As for proper faction entries, I could add that to the next version too. For compability reasons I would leave in the old factions and units and create new entries.

However I really dunno what would be the best way to mix the factions, as there are only 3 factions ingame and there are far more in the original stalker.

My thoughts:

Military -> West

Monolith -> East

Duty -> East??

Freedom -> Independent

Free Stalker -> Independent

Scientists -> Independent or Civilian

I was wondering, do these units accept OA backpacks?

I was wondering, do these units accept OA backpacks?

No, not yet. As I've done it for other units I can add that too though, it's not that hard or too time-consuming.

are the arm texture bugs fixed ?

The shimmering on the arms or what do you mean? Not in 0.6a, I've found the fault today, the units used the scientist smdi so the arms shimmered as they used the wrong smdi texture.