Sign in to follow this  
Mysteryman5150

This is why I hope Arma never goes to console

I know this is a bit out of the blue but, I have been playing a little BFBC2 on the PS3 and went on to their forums to check out what some people are saying. Here is a comment I came across...

Let me elaborate on this then you can all flame me if you want. I choose not to use the Recon class as there are already enough of them in every game. However, I do like having a good Recon guy in my squad. One who marks targets, communicates targets if they have a mic, throws out sensors and uses artillary effectively. On the other hand "snipers" are useless in this game if they do nothing but sit back at the first spawn point when playing Rush on the attacking team and just wait for a random head to pop up and try to pick off.

Don't get me wrong I love being on the other team when playing against people like this. Especially when I am a medic, as I can run around and get plenty of revives when I am defending and my troops are going down. However, it does get extremely boring after a while when only 2-4 guys from the other team even try to get the targets. It also usually results in an easy win for the other team, so obviously you guys don't care about winning. I have been on both sides of this and either way it is extremely annoying at times, so I am not just b****ing because "oh, you just don't like getting pwn'd" and all the other immature B.S. the "snipers" will say. I am only saying these things because the game could be even more amazing, if played properly.

This post is not meant towards the Recon players who play the position as it should be played. I truly appreciate a good recon player. So please, if you fall in the true recon category and agree with what I am saying please don't take offense to any of what I said, as it does not include you. It is only meant for the people who, like I said, sit way back and do absolutely nothing but snipe just to get some kills. Which is even more evident when there are already 7 other people on your team doing the same thing. Take some initiative yourself to use a different class and help your team win. This game does not publicly show your K/D ratio so don't even worry about that, if that is what keeps you from going in and getting shot. You can get tons of points in all the classes when they are used as they are supposed to be used.

and a response from a console gamer...

Hi I'm wingnut I shop at walmart and only play assault so I think that makes me a good player. I never drop ammo for anyone and ignore requests to do so. Trolling this topic on this board even though there are 1k other exactly the same topics just proves I don't get enough attention at home. BlahBlahBlah...

Enough said:eek:. If Bohemia ever goes console with the series, this wonderful community would be ruined by people like this guy who responded to the post. It's all over other game forums that are available on the console systems. Our forum would be over run by these immature gamers and our moderators would be overworked;). I for one appreciate the moderators work here and how they keep this forum, I mean community, running neat and respectful, Thank you. In closing, I ask Bohemia, please don't ruin this great game and community.

I'm tempted to make a troll post but I don't feel like it. The forums would probably be divided anyways because game play would be different. Personally I don't see any problem with passing this game on to console so long as it's not designed for console first. I also doubt the community would go straight to hell.

This was not meant as a troll post, and I didn't think it would be percieved that way. It was an opinion that hit me hard today when searching through other forums and then remembering how great this community is. I appologize if it came across as a troll post:o

What happened the last time a BIS game went on consoles? Did it totally ruin the franchise?

I think it's a gross over generalization to think that all console users are immature kids.

Plenty of mature adults also enjoy console games.

True, the very nature of Arma would keep the most stereotypical of console geeks away, at least that is what happened back when OFP:E got released, as far as I remember.

To my better knowledge, the people who played (play?) OFP:E are exactly like us, just on another platform.

So I wouldn't worry about a shit storm of console kiddies coming our way.