Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios BMD-2 pack

Alright, gentlemen. Today we, Red Hammer Studios, would like to make our very first (and definitely not the last) release in ArmA2. Meet the vehicle, that some of you were waiting for some time already. Yes, It's the BMD-2, made by common efforts of the following RHS members: Soul_Assassin, topas and ist. It features not only the excellently crafted model with more than dozen of varients and extremely detailed and crisp textures, but also a bunch of special features, which allow you to use this IFV effectively in combat and customize it's visual look for your own taste. No need to further praise it to the skies - just grab it and see everything yourself!

Some of the features of this addon:

- A completely new and accurate model and textures

- Custom animations for crew and cargo

- Custom special effects such as muzzle flash and cartridge ejection

- An advanced marking system in the form of rhs_decals

- Variable clearance

- Over 15 different versions with 10 camo patterns

For further details please read the extensive README.

IMPORTANT: The BMD-2 addon requires the RHS_Decals to be installed. See below for download link.

CREDITS

Project Coordinator

SOUL_ASSASSIN

Modeler

SOUL_ASSASSIN

Lead Texture Artist

TOPAS

Lead Scripting

IST

Lead Coding

SOUL_ASSASSIN

Lead Animator

SOUL_ASSASSIN

Documentation Design

SOUL_ASSASSIN

Special Thanks To

GEDIS

RAVENDK

SHADOW NX

URALAZ

AKM

GMS

DEADFAST AND MONDKALB

NSX

T_D

RKSL-ROCK

ON BEHALF OF RHS, ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD RHS BMD-2 PACK v1.0 (requires rhs_decals, see below)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9767

DOWNLOAD RHS DECALS PACK v1.0

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9769

Download links courtesy of Armaholic

Excellent news! Thanks RHS.

Let's go and see if that red star has been moved

Perfectionist detected. :D

Great!.... Will test it now... Looks fantastic! smileygarden.de_banana49.gif

News and Download by armed-assault.de

download.jpg

Regards Culti

Yupiiiii ya eeeeey!! :D This IS quality!

Holy shait!!! :eek:

This is serious quality. Outstanding work gentlemen! My jaw dropped to the floor seeing this in action. Model, functions and textures is all highest quality one could wish for.

Thank you very much guys. :)

Glad to see it finally released officially. Well done RHS ;)

You guys have no idea what kind of perfectionist people worked on this addon. Want to have a hint? Several alpa, 7 beta releases, 3-5 readme fixes and many more...

Edited by Gedis

You guys have no idea what kind of perfectionist people worked on this addon. Want to have a hint? Several alpa, 7 beta releases, 3-5 readme fixes and many more...

No i do understand from looking at the addon. ;) Amazing quality all around. Im still just looking at it in awe.

Tested a small thing since my pc doesnt operate normally atm, but put 1 Ukraine BMD out with me inside it and then a couple of russian BMD's. The ruskies killed me even though i was independent and set to friendly to all.

Anyhoo, great addon. This is standard setting.

Thanks everyone for kind words! It's been a hell of a ride. Considering that BMD1 took me a full year to get finalized, the 3 months it took to make this from start to finish was kind of a headrush.

Wow simply excellent mod, kudos to you and your team, I love the case ejections, big ass pile of them all over the place, adds alot to the immersion.

Hoping to see some more of your work. :D

This addon is gorgeous. Absoloutely smashing.. I noticed the bow planes dont raise in the water is this intended? Great work team.. cannay wait to see more releases.

Ah, eexcellent!

Now give us some of those infantry so we can replicate your screenshots (damn false advertisment :p)

the models look VERY nice :cool: but it doesn't look like the AI know's how to use them, just did several quick play tests and they barely engage enemy AI, I just tried an AI CDF BMD-2 vs a Russian BMD-2 and they just look at each other, anyone else seeing this? Also, even after the BMD-2 is destoyed, helos seem to continue to shoot at it with their cannon even if the vehicle is already burning and all of the crew is dead.

Edited by desmondb

This addon is gorgeous. Absoloutely smashing.. I noticed the bow planes dont raise in the water is this intended? Great work team.. cannay wait to see more releases.

watershields was intended, with BMD1 I was getting more complaints about it taking up space and being useless :)

Thanx for this fantastic addond RHS !

Ps.: I cannot control the Konkurs after launching it. Can it be a bug ? Or is there an opposition beetween addons ?

Great, and I think those soldiers are not included this time?

I cannot control the Konkurs after launching it.

For some reasons, that are listed in the included read-me file, Konkurs uses standart "Tab'n'hit" method of guidance. :)

Thanx for this fantastic addond RHS !

Ps.: I cannot control the Konkurs after launching it. Can it be a bug ? Or is there an opposition beetween addons ?

Its wire guided, track the flightpath with the turret.