Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Fast Sea Frame - FSF-1 - Sea Fighter

Hey Gnat,

Do you need anymore testing done to help zero in on the issue? Can i help in anyway?

Vengeance

Thanks Vengeance, I'll yell when I'm back to this project, working on something else for the moment.

Yep I know I'm a new guy, especially at the coding, I have downloaded just about all your scripts (from several sites) looking for your Lash.sqf file, any help on its location, and I guess along with the Position.sqf, which sounds like it would be easier to use.

Now for the compliments, Thank you for all of your hard work, really makes adding new content easy and interesting.

Wing

Hey WingNut

..... I've been away 3 weeks.

Scripts? Scripts are inside the Addon.

Hey gnat, great addon. My unit loves the idea of great mobility this thing provides from sea and air.

We tested it out in multiplayer and had a few problems.

First question being, was this created with multiplayer in mind(MP Compatible?)

If so, we ran into a few problems. Firstly we had trouble getting the helos to lash, the boat moved, the helicopters didnt sink, but kept jumping back up in the air to where they were supposed to be.

The next issue was with the fast boats. One player got in one, but then the second player was not able to get in.

Have any of these problems been addressed?

I haven't been able to read through all the pages posted here, so sorry if this is a repeat.

In hosted MP mode, with the FSF unmoving, I fall right through the platform when walking from the flight deck onto the starboard aft platform. Coming up from the well deck works, just getting onto the stairs platform fails.

My workaround is to use a trigger attached to the ship that sends me directly to position "well3R". Here I'm sharing how to do that.

Make a 1m radius named trigger set for BLUFOR PRESENT REPEATING, I called mine “trgFSFdescendstairsâ€, and attach it to your FSF with this attach command (I named my FSF “MyFSFâ€):

trgFSFdescendstairs attachTo [MyFSF,[8.68,-29.5,-6.7]];

This model position is right at the starboard aft corner of the flight deck near the stairs.

Leave the Condition field just “thisâ€, and put the following in the On Activation field of the trigger:

{if ( (((getposasl _x) select 2)>7) and (_x==(vehicle _x)) and (abs((asin ((((vectordir _x) select 0))/(sqrt(((((vectordir _x) select 0))^2)+((((vectordir _x) select 1))^2)))))-asin ((-1*((vectordir MyFSF) select 0))/(sqrt(((-1*((vectordir MyFSF) select 0))^2)+((-1*((vectordir MyFSF) select 1))^2)))))<45) ) then {nul = [_x,MyFSF,"well3R"] execVM "\GNT_FSF\position.sqf"; _x setdir (getdir MyFSF);};} foreach thislist

The getposasl z>7 makes sure it only triggers if you're on the flight deck, the vehicle check makes sure you're not in a vehicle (if you're concerned about this triggering if you're paradropping into this location, put another z check for <10 as the flight deck elevation is about 8.5, at least for the soldier unit I used for testing).

The complicated vectordir stuff is to make sure only those facing the stairs (within 45 degrees of the aft of the ship) will trigger the trigger, so you don’t trigger it when coming up the stairs onto the flight deck (just comparing getdir results versus getdir+180 is problematic because of 0/360 wraparound). Seems to work for me, and I’m liking it! (At first I added an action to the ship, but you can only see the action near the front of the ship, and people might still try to take the stairs, so this seemed like an over all better solution for me.)

cheers,

Stick

Edited by Stick_Hogue

Very cool ship, this will be nice for smaller scale things inplace of vanilla carrier.

@Stick_Hogue

Thanks for the report, but find it unusual to have a deck problem in MP. The deck is not scripted or anything.

I think an old version had a scripted deck, think you should make sure you have the last version.

By the way, no problem with the RHIB's ?