ok so i noticed on the armedassault.info webpage there was a Maxxpro 2011 release, i downloaded it and well what can i say besides GREAT JOB!!!! one thing i did notice though was the lack of real bump mapping, so i went ahead and took a look at the pbo's textures and noticed that the nohq textures where almost blank! i hope you dont mind but for my own personal use i created a new bump map and have applied it to the model. I think it looks cool (although it could do with being a little weaker). If you would like me to send you the files i will be more than willing! keep up the good work!!!!

arma2oa2011-01-3116-44-32-10.jpg

arma2oa2011-01-3116-41-06-90.jpg

arma2oa2011-01-3116-41-51-16.jpg

arma2oa2011-01-3116-44-17-43.jpg

arma2oa2011-01-3116-40-49-91.jpg

Love the Maxpro, very fun to use and maybe you could release a Oa only version? With army crew?

daveygary1979: very nice, I like it. As far as I remember, namman2 allowed to modify and release modified versions of this MRAP addon, so I think you can just upload it somewhere for us, so we can use it too. Thanks. :)

I'm sorry for not being here guys , sorry for any disappointments , i just my life gets harder by time and arma 2 modding is the least thing i can worry about atm

sorry again , i'll try to work on them more if i get time

Hi namman;

My unit - the 7th of the 75th Rangers has a member in Afghanistan on active duty and he was telling us that they never use Hummers off the base - only MRAP's. So we downloaded your mod for some testing and ran into some really weird problems.

First off - we never use 3rd person - and maybe that's how the vehicles were tested but in first person the driver is about 1' too short; he can barely see over the steering wheel! This makes it near impossible to drive along most roads or in cities safely. As a person who's driven large trucks in real life I know that you can raise your seat to look over the engine - in fact the high seat position gives you a really good all round view - not the case in your vehicles.

2nd - the windshield - I use a 6690 card and the gamma goes crazy when I sit in the drivers seat! Other members of the unit with Nvidia cards don't have the problem but a few of us with ATI cards really notice it - basically it maxes out our gamma setting making everything really bright - add that to the 'dirt' on the windshield and I can't see out the vehicle to drive at all.

Speed - we easily were cruising along roads at 120kmph. That seems a might fast for something so large. It also accelerates faster than a SOV...

Handling - I think the turn radius is a bit large - it seems to be closer to the turn radius of a MVTR - which is about 2M longer. It also wobbles a lot - but we all agreed that something that high would have a bit of 'sway' to it.

Armor - we use ACE - we took 1 RPG hit - no damage, then 2 recoiless rifle hits again with no damage - but a takistani with a Lee Enfield injured my gunner and damaged the armored turret (nice animation by the way). We also hit walls, rocks, trees and a building with no damage to the vehicle, but when we drove over a civilian (he jumped out in front of us) the vehicle lurched and the driver nearly lost control.

All in all - we really want your mod to work and would be happy to promote it with our maps, but in its present form its pretty much negates a lot of the things we like to see in the game - being able to drive in 1st person, realistic speeds and damage modelling.

Also the Caiman injures the gunner whenever he 'gets out' of the vehicle unless he first goes to the driver position or back. Not sure if your aware of that. He seems to fall out the side of the vehicle from the top of the turret

Anyways hope you appreciate the feedback.

i know about those bugs , i was going back to modding arma but my HDD crashed :(

and the worst thing it was the backup hdd :@ FUCK YOU WESTERN DIGITAL :@@@@

but i guess i will have to rework everything ,it should be hard as i managed to save the new caiman , hopefully i will be able to finish it soon

Man this year has been the year of catastrophic harddrive/pc crashes for modders :(

Anywho, good luck to yah.

Thanks and keep it up, namman2.

This MRAP is really nice, but will you keep the sound of the HUMVEE?

Hello,

first great work with this Vehicle!

Fits good in an realistic scenario Mission.

But is it possible to get a higher position for the driver?

Playing in 1st Person is not very Easy, even when the sun is too bright you dont know where to drive.

Greetings Donny

Edited by Donny

Very nice work! I looked right away for this vehicle when I first got the game, and have enjoyed it in a number of campaigns. :)

I would like to add this to my sappers mod. This vehicle would fit nicely with EOD duty especially. I will also send a pm.

I cannot find the MRAP Caiman in the editor. What menu is it under? Thanks.

I finally found it under 'Cars'

Hmm, next question how do you open the blast windows to see out of the drivers position?

Also it's missing loads textures. Intended?

RPT:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\hmmwv_details_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\stryker_interior1_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\stryker_alfa_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\hmmwv_clocks_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\hmmwv_glass_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\turret.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\m134_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\ext1.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\hmmwv_regular_1_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\stryker_alfa_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\stryker_alfa_smdi.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\turret_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\turret_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\m134_ns.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\ext1_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\ext1_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture maxxpro\ext1_smdi.paa.

I downloaded this version: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9752

Should I be using the Maxxpro?

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;2104417']

Hmm' date=' next question how do you open the blast windows to see out of the drivers position?

Also it's missing loads textures. Intended?

RPT:

I downloaded this version: [url']http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9752[/url]

Should I be using the Maxxpro?

I also get an error message.

i was working on a little side project and needed a EOD vehicle so i downloaded the Mrap MaxxPro

i loved the vehicle but it had a few issue's so i tought lets see wat i can do about it.

and fixed or atleast optimised this vehicle as she deserves to be polished a bit :).

==================================

MRAP MaxxPro.

Changed:

driver position.

engine sounds.

overal handling.

Class Armored vehicles.

crows gunner optics (added nvg/ti)

==================================

Download: link removed, you can not just release an edited version of other peoples work without permission!

Edited by Foxhound

I'm pretty sure that's not a Caiman. RG-33?

Anyways, love these MRAPs and thanks for the picture credit ;)

I'm pretty sure thats called the Mastiff. Never used one. Only ever saw EOD with those.

I was in the MaxxPro and the Caiman 2.

Does anyone else have an issue where when you look at from the windows inside the front seats, the brightness level just goes up crazy until all you see is super bright whites and yellows, unless you go to third person.

Also a question for you guys who have RL experience with this vehicle, don't you think that this mod's MRAP's are too light and agile? I figured they'd be more like the MTVR's in-game as far as handling and speeds goes.

@ =KCT=BlackMamba

I have removed your link. What you do for yourself privatly is your own business but you can not just release an edited version of other peoples work. At least ask the author(s) for permission and add some proper credits to your archive.

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Fox read the original post. The editor provided the MLODs and gave specific permission to edit in the OP.

thats wat i understood atleast.

both addons come in mlod format so feel free to edit them (as long as it doesn't conflict with these addons)

if that isnt the case please delete the link cause that wasnt my intention.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Fox read the original post. The editor provided the MLODs and gave specific permission to edit in the OP.

I did not see that, must have overlooked.

But than still, please include a proper readme with proper credits and make sure your edited version does not conflict with the original version. Check that and than feel free to add your link here again!

ok just leave it down for now ill upload new one with proper credits as the author deserves :)

[edit]

i updated the addon as it deserved to handle like the great vehicle it is.

only thing a Updated is the config.cpp of the original vehicle.

but (@Foxhound) its a good thing u took it down and your reasons are cristal clear ofcourse.

i changed some more stuff to the config and two or more updates would be rediculous,

will ofcourse add the proper credits as i indeed (unintentional) forgot to add that to the previous Edit.

MRAP MaxxPro V1.9996

=================================

Changes:

Engine sounds,

Handling (top heavy in corners),

driver position,

Crows System optimised,

downed top speed to +- 93kmh

=================================

Added:

Vanilla Version,

Ace 2 Version (EOD Loadout),