not really since you can see much from the glass

sorry :(

Ya, it's very difficult to sit in driver's seat and drive because you can't see through the glass. When you first get in it's fine, but after a few seconds it is nearly impossible see and drive. You have to use the outside view to steer properly.

Also, the driver's instruments are too bright, especially with bloom on.

I like how the maxxpro gets destroyed when I run over a mine, but no one gets hurt.

Also, I ran over a rock and the whole car flipped. Love the realism!

How much armor does it have? Which BIS vehicle could it be compared in armor?

I've done some testing with satchels and BAF IEDS, and the MRAPS gest destroyed quite easy...if a suicide bomber runs to the truck and blow himself up or a IED at aprox. 3-5m the MRAPS gets destroyed. I'm running @ACE and @ACEX, maybe that could be reducing it's armor..

I think the real MRAPS has better armor, am I wrong?

Could withstand a landmine for me and both my gunner and me were safe.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

I think the real MRAPS has better armor, am I wrong?

Not really, since most of their engine compartments get ripped off.

i'm afraid that you wont hear from me for a while since my dell piece of shit got toasted to to hi Humidity in the air :(

never ever buy dell shit of crap

Oh, sad to hear about your D... crap toasted...

See there's a news on armaholic using my WIP shots. Does it mean the new front grill has been used in the release version, or there's the horziontal one?

Oh, I tried it with a fully packed maxxpro against a mine. Everyone died.

Try a satchel charge. Those landmines are Anti-Tank, so they will punch through a farily thin skinned MRAP.

Ya, it's very difficult to sit in driver's seat and drive because you can't see through the glass. When you first get in it's fine, but after a few seconds it is nearly impossible see and drive. You have to use the outside view to steer properly.

Also, the driver's instruments are too bright, especially with bloom on.

Ah ok good that you said this, i though its an graphical issue by me. I have the same problem. Thats a really a wired problem on servers that restict 3rd person view, hope it can be fixed. Thanks for this great vehicle :)

namman2, good work! Thanks.

But... MaxxPro speed on level road and off-road - not change. High speed anywhere:) I saw at the config:

terrainCoef = 0.0;
can correct ~ 1.3

P.S.:topas, beatiful texture:thumbsup:

To me it seems so as if the inner textures to deteriorate.

The windows are milky.

The external textures are ok.

The previous model was better in my opinion.

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Oh, I tried it with a fully packed maxxpro against a mine. Everyone died.

Hmm... hopefully there is some way of fixing that as they may or may not survive an anti-tank mine depending on the type that is used. For heavy armor, often anti-tank mines are stacked in real life (common Taliban technique) and even some of the larger Russian made ones can defeat most known MBT's in real life just with one. We called those K-kill class mines in the Army. They are very nasty and I'm not sure that even a MRAP could survive a hit from one of those. The TM-89 is a good example of a very nasty anti-tank mine. There are also various methods of fusing the weapons to bypass the heavier frontal belly armor of armored vehicles so that it explodes in the middle of the vehicle causing maximum casualites to troops embarked in the cargo section. I'm not an expert on landmines but I know a little bit from CET (Combat Engineer Training) training that all members of the US Army Corp of Engineers have to go through.

At any rate, perhaps the armor rating can be pumped up a tiny bit so that AT mines just result in the crew bailing out. Another option is to create a custom mine pack to use with the MRAPs but since they are normally hidden, I think that the new IED's that came with the last update should be sufficient in simulating typical anti-tank mines used in Afghanistan.

What I would like to see is more work on simulated mine-sweeping devices. I'm currently working on something like this using the attachto script but I need somene to model some anti-mine rollers for me. Currently I'm just experimenting with the WORKING anti-mine system that our mod made in OFP but that sadly nobody noticed back then. If I get it to work a version could be modified to work with these MRAP vehicles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

when I get in as 4th I sit in the floor under the original gunner position on the CROWS version.

good mod, hope you will ad OA FLIR someday ;)

need help..anyone has a pic more detailed of that thing on the red circle? and i dont know neither what is it.. :confused: thanks

cr.jpg

Cescollino,

actually it's no more no less, but a winch ;) guessing it's a part of the spare wheel mount/unmount system.

Here it's clearly visible

1 , 2,

Edited by topas

anyone get it where the windows are white and you cant see through then idk what i did wrong put the file in @cars/addons. pbos/bisign

dta/aammmm.bikiey

Even if it was not a bug, I still couldn't see anything from it on sunny day on Takistan. I rather have clean window than have to drive with 3rd person...

I wrote to namman2, but he still did not answer. Hopefully, that he was not offended by me, if I publish the corrected version. MRAP is very good, but these glasses are not allowed to use it properly :)

MaxxPro fixed (this is not an official update)

Edited by alesh