Maybe he is looking for them, because they must be...

well...

i was going to remake the caiman next but i just dont have time :(

i'll try to get done if could but i cant promise anything ,

sorry for disappointment .

No problem, you did a great job.

Edited by alesh

Damn, this bump reminded me that I'm supposed to do some work on the Maxx as well... Will try to, but same as namman2 suffering under time lack...

Anyway; Namman, once you come back to working on these, may I have a request?

Since a week now, as of September 16th, MaxxPro MRAPs are being used by the Polish Contingent in the Afghan Province of Ghazni. Any chance of a version with a fitting MG for such version? Thanks in advance for considering this.

Reference

Oh, and take your time, no worries ;)

@ topas no problem and i'll do it (not very hard)

anyway since i c there's still interest in this addon i decided to remake the caiman so here are some WIP pictures :

caimann.jpg

caimann2.jpg

very nice update namman

are you goin to rework it down from 0? like the whole interior and so on?

If so how du you feel about a caiman 4x4 version?

yeah from 0

about the 4x4 , well it's not used AFAIK it was just a prototype but if i get more free time i might model it but still the cougar is more important than it

if the new vers will realase can you FIX THAT WITH the weapons on maxxpros and caiman like the M134 and so on

yeah they are already fixed don't worry ;)

@topas thnx for the references

more WIP pictures (i know it looks naked but that;s because i haven't added the antennas and other stuff yet ) :

caimannn.jpg

caimannn3.jpg

Wow... Awesome. Can't wait to see it "dressed"... ;]

Nice update; and looking good, though I have some doubts regarding the front bumper... Shouldn't it be thinner?

example

Since time is a luxurious good in my case lately I was not able to do much, but I did achieve some progress with the MaxxPro pimping. The basic dust/scratches/mud layers + servicing inscriptions (Lift/Trailer Connection etc, etc,)+ some small chalk written stuff is already there... Next in line are all those little details on the side/back boxes (wickets, handles etc.)

Hope to post some pic evidence soon

@ Kristian, don't worry I was gentle with all the effects added, there won't be such extent as in the previous Maxx

----edit----

while searching for reference pic I stumbled upon a question I'd like to ask...

Which version of the MaxxPro is depicted in your addon??

Is it this one, with a simple, square fan grill on the side -> here, and here

Or shall I be making this one, with the grill split in two.. -> here

Can't say for sure by the base texture itself, seems like layout of the hatches, boxes etc. on the side is a mix of the two above versions,, (will need to look closer this evening to determine)

Also, noticed the Maxx on the first pic having twin wheels on the rear and some extra ventilation on the sides of the hood

PS: one more remark -> there're no door handles, please remember about those in the next update ;)

Edited by topas

the square grill will do the job

Well, tried it, but in the end decided on a mix of those two.

It's not 100% true to life, but fits well imo

Here's the Maxx before

max_orig.jpg

and after; with some lil' details added, + a really minor(if you consider how I like it to be) weathering

max_mod.jpgmax_mod2.jpg

Sorry if I gone too far, but I took the liberty of changing the front grill too.. think it looks much more 'mean' in this version

------tiny update-----

not that the majority would even care, but added a bit of detail to the bumper;

it's a crude method of using RL photos, but as 'flat' as it looks now, it can be surely made believable ingame by namman2 with some proper .nohq magic ;)

max_mod3.jpg

Edited by topas

looks great topas! but IMHO i think the square grill looks better, but then again i stare at big rigs all day and i love them older looking "peterbuilt" and "Mac" truck caps(they have sqare grills)! so thats why i feel the square grill is better looking..also it would be 100% original and true to life! but still all in all this is truly beautiful haha

Dave,