:eek: You gotta be sh$%n' me! That is nuts how beautiful the detail is!

This is indeed worthy of some serious praise.(Unlike half the stuff some people drool over.)

Well done sir!

Finally a proper ride for the marine grunts.

Shit that's awesome texturing Topas! Also the models are sweet.

I saw someones video shooting an RPG at the Caiman and in one shot it was totally destroyed. Is it really that easy to kill? I thought they could withstand alot.

a RPG destroy an abrams ... yes it esay to destroy mrap with RPG but with ied and mine it's really hard to KILL soldier in the "living space" of the mrap because it's a sort of cell

a RPG destroy an abrams ... yes it esay to destroy mrap with RPG but with ied and mine it's really hard to KILL soldier in the "living space" of the mrap because it's a sort of cell

This.

It's designed to survive IEDs and mines. It's still not a tank or IFV.

Cougar's manufacturer states:

Designed to provide personnel transport where medium armored protection against land mines, IED's and small arms is required

That would be very rare to totally destroy such a vehicle with a single RPG unless the vehicle was carrying high explosive material or it ignited a fuel tank. The reason is simple. RPG's essentially blow a small hole through armor. What kills inside are the pieces of armor that bounce around if the vehicle doesn't have a proper anti-spalling liner (which most modern APC's and tanks do have). If the troops are wearing body armor, generally fatalities are limited usually to anyone caught in the direct path of the funnel of explosives and the copper slug penetrator in the RPG warhead. That is unless someone gets the bad luck of getting a random piece of shrapnel to a critical part of their body. However if the whole thing goes up in flames or explodes, that means it was carrying some type of explosive ordinance ignited by the spray of shrapnel or fuel inside (or a direct hit by the RPG on those explosive materials). That's why Mk19 armed humvees went out of favor in Iraq. Penetrations by IED's and RPG's tended to detonate all that HEDP ammo and everyone would die.

A similar occurance happened to some M113's used by the Israelies in the Palestinian territories. THey carried a bunch of demolition explosives, got penetrated and KABOOM!

But as mentioned earlier, generally if it's not carrying explosives, a light or medium armored vehicle can potentially take an RPG hit and keep on rolling. There were quite a few RPG hits on humvees in Iraq where all or most of the passengers survived.

Concerning these MRAPS, that is why you see many with SLAT armor. This helps to prematurely detonate the RPG warheads at a distance that helps to provent armor penetration.

Also keep in mind folks that its very hard to make the addon work in the ArmA engine only against satchel charges and mines. Generally, if you make it mine proof against at least one mine, it will withstand one or two RPG's. So I hope people don't complain and whine about that being unrealistic.

Ok, well..managed to do the following; for both Cougar H and HE

mrap_in.jpg

please don't point out the inacuracies-it was the best I coulkd do given limited time and reference material

uploading it along with all textures done so far for namman to use;

the ball is in his court now :)

Well got to say it looks great.

Quality work!

I saw someones video shooting an RPG at the Caiman and in one shot it was totally destroyed. Is it really that easy to kill? I thought they could withstand alot.

Where can I find the video?

yeah ,i'm working hard to put the cougar ingame but the slow progress is due to exams(i just got out from a 5 hour exam :S )

oh cool cougar i see the texture i love it ! my team make an ISAF domination (mix of hexagon mod and ace) we need the mrap cougar for our dom =)

Thx dud for your work, but any update for the MRAP Caiman?

Please the gunner of them is not possible to kill it!

Thx dud for your work, but any update for the MRAP Caiman?

Please the gunner of them is not possible to kill it!

Are you trying to say the gunner can't be killed?

Thats kinda the idea of the addon :D

not really Kristian :P

in the next update he will be the first to be killed since he's the less armored

anyway here's an alpha version of the Cougar i decided to release this alpha because it seems it will take more time to finish due to exams and RL issues :(

so here it is

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/Cougar_alpha1.rar

it's unbinirized so you can play with the models too

have fun

i love you namman2 ! =)

edit : i don't like you xD , when you place a cougar , crack ! the game crash !

Edited by M1n1d0u

AnimalMother92 have you the same problem ? when you launch a party with a cougaH or not the game crash

are you sure?

i just tried it and it works

make sure you have the other 2 mraps installed (yeah i know this is bad :( )

the caiman and the maxxpro