Namman, I got an idea for making the MRAP more realistic. I think the MRAP should have a very high armour level, but it should lose all mobility from a large explosion, but the vehicle stays in tact. If it takes an RPG, it should hurt the crew inside. If it takes a tank round, ATGM, etc, it should probably have extensive crew/vehicle damage. If it loses all mobility from a large explosion, that represents the MRAP doing its job, saving the crew inside, even it the vehicle is in a thousand pieces.

EDIT:

Namman, I've sent you the information on the armour system multiple times, I don't know if you got it so, he's the link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94679

Edited by JDMT

Namman this is a really great addon !!! I was looking for a fast and armored vehicle able to transport troops on dirty terrains and I found you ! Since I gave it a few test runs i used it in our SR5 Clan, we really appreciate your job!

Here some constructive feedback:

Pro:

- Very good speed on offroad (we use it for long travels, please do not change the speed )

- Armored

-Good looking

Cons

- (Caiman) Turrets skins only work if you have both caiman and maxpro addons

- (Caiman) Sometime people die when exiting the tourret, so we have to move from gunner to passenger and then exit.

thank you again for your job !

I agree with LordMac: this vehicle is fantastic, we're now traveling more safely and much faster than before, through rough terrain!

Minor quirks:

- the shadow for one of the antennas (seems so) is broken. It displays a large square shadow, visible through terrain and from afar

- turret has no sights/optics: right-clicking takes you to the same non-sights view (fade in/out in effect but no real change in the sights)

Keep it up!

Awesome mod but I get this error message...

Cannot load texture maxxpro/hmmwv_details_co.paa.

that means that the seats and radio shelf things on the inside are white cos they have no texture on every vehicle the shields around the weapons also have blank textures and so does the minigun turret and the antenna things are blank aswell.

thnx for the information , but i'm afraid this project will halt since my laptop screen died (well it works but the backlight leds dont :( F**k dell )

namman2,

Hey bud, what do you need to get things up and running for you again? Throw it out there and we may be willing to help. ;)

I'd be down to chip in for what ever would help you out.

wht model DELL laptop do you have? i have several outdated ones on my shelf i would be happy to part out for you.

wht model DELL laptop do you have? i have several outdated ones on my shelf i would be happy to part out for you.

I think he fixed it today, he was on skype.

thnx guys for willing to help me , i have my dell crap fixed :D .

but i still have exams so there will be updates but not very fast

Good to hear namman. Get your exams done and hurry back ya hear! :)

there will be updates but not very fast
first wip on the rg-33

Now if this is 'not very fast' :D Good to see you back in play and thx for the progress screens! Looking forward to future detail updates!

PS:

I believe I have not yet sent you the corrected desert textures... Will do at the first earliest opportunity then, sorry ;)

download link messed up; reuploading; refresh shortly for a new link, sorry

Revised textures, as shown earlier, fitting each other and recoloured to go well with other desert vehicles [M15YO for example]

Plus added some small details [cables for Caiman / chalk writing on MaxxPro]; more will follow; just had no time...

Would like to make some interior shortly for MaxxPro

m1u.jpg

m2u.jpg

m3u.jpg

Edited by topas

Thx ;)

Ok, download linked fixed; grab and have fun:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3d1ago

Some chalk writing by the servicing crew visible here; At the same time sorry for the taillights...Let's say they're covered by dust; will fix this in the following version ;P

chalk-lights.jpg

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

These are just supposed to be .paa files? Are they for namman2 or for us to edit into the MRAPs? I'll have to figure out how.

EDIT:

Got it working. Wow these are beautiful textures bud! Thanks.

Edited by Manzilla

thnx topas !

about the textures you can replace them but that would miss the sing files dont worry there's a new version wich will have destroyable wheels (thnx to T_D and S_A)

there's a new version wich will have

int1.jpg int2.jpg

Ok, so we're clear on this one: It's been quickly bashed together from LAV25 and HMMV BiS stuff; just to resemble something of military origin. No authenticity here; If provided reference material I can later replace this by a more realistic one ;)

DOWNLOAD

Ah, and it's textures only ;)

Thanks again topas! Beautiful work.

namman2,

Will that have ACE2 configs as well? I was trying to do that for my own personal use but I screwed things up royally. Had to give it up until I've gained a bit more config knowledge. :)

I agree with LordMac: this vehicle is fantastic, we're now traveling more safely and much faster than before, through rough terrain!

Minor quirks:

- the shadow for one of the antennas (seems so) is broken. It displays a large square shadow, visible through terrain and from afar

- turret has no sights/optics: right-clicking takes you to the same non-sights view (fade in/out in effect but no real change in the sights)

Keep it up!

I also have the same problems, and i can see any one inside when i use NIM weather effects sandstorm. I have a video on youtube that shows that shadow bug, didn't even notice until i watched it :S.

And when I jump out of the turrets while using ACE2, the unit gets injured. I think it's the height and ACE2's damage system and heights.

Im at a loss here as to what to do with the paa's. I used to use cpbo before 1.05 but now it just launches me to to the armory when i try to depbo the files.. any help?

that would be awesome specially a picture from the inside (atleast on how the seats are distributed)

Unfortunately, due to OPSEC restrictions, I will not take photos of the interior. The RKG-3 threat here is pretty bad, and I don't want the bad guys knowing where my boys sit. These are the best I can do for now.

EDIT - I know they're small, I'm attempting to resize them now but our internet connection sucks out here. Also, before anyone ask why a guy with a username of DevilDog is in ACU's, it's because I'm a prior service Marine currently serving in the Army.

Fixed

DSC134A-1.jpg

DSC136A-1.jpg

DSC137A-1.jpg

DSC138A-1.jpg

DSSC135A-1.jpg

Edited by DetCord

Keep up the good work. I have noticed a very slight glitch. When the MRAP with the netting over the turret, sorry cant remember its name, gets destroyed the shadow of the turret 'enlarges and scews. I'll try and get a piccy for you.